View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The issue is, can they force an election in any way? I assume they can wait for BoJo to be made PM and then go for a vote of no confidence and dare Tory remainers to choose.
    The Tory MPs are already saying that they will take drastic action if anyone gets the Tory leadership and tries to force through a no-deal Brexit. That means voting against them in a no-confidence vote, and they only need a handful to do that and the government falls.

You then get a general election with the Tories and Brexit party both standing for a no-deal, which should split the vote nicely. Labour will probably come out officially as a party of a second vote, and shore up their vote that way. Libs, Greens and Change UK will gather together a good set of votes, mainly from the centrist Tories that don't feel at home in their party anymore. But some from Labour as well, where people might not trust the message they put out (or it's still messy enough that they don't know what it is).

Chances are nobody gets a majority, and you end up with a coalition of centrist parties and Labour. They come together on the basis of a second vote, and hopefully a move away from FPTP at the same time. Remain wins the second vote, Farage and dribbles call it a traitorous act and start ranting and raving. Nobody cares. In 5 years time we wonder how we ever got ourselves in this mess.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

The issue is, can they force an election in any way? I assume they can wait for BoJo to be made PM and then go for a vote of no confidence and dare Tory remainers to choose.
    It doesn't matter anyway, his office just clarified he was speaking in Labours Double Speak so he meant a GE whilst hoping people like me who haven't had any coffee yet and barely any sleep might mistake him for saying second ref.

That aside I think what you outline is the only way to get a GE unless BoJo wants to pull a May, but you know, this time it will work because he's BoJo and she wasn't and he really is so monumentally arrogant to think that way

Here is the thing. BoJo or whoever wins can just go through the motions of negotiation. No Deal after all is not an active choice; it is the default that happens by just kicking the can down the road until Macron tells Merkel to stuff it and votes against an extension. So I think that yes they might vote against their own party but if they do, they will only do so at the last hour.
    An extension is not the default, crashing out is the default. The line is going to be "reopen negotiations or we crash out" and our spineless MPs will be sit around hoping the EU swings in to rescue them from having to make a difficult choice, then we crash out because you didn't and we never asked for the extension.

Brexit achieved, EU blamed, life goes on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look. I’m not British. Or even European.

But if I were a Brexiteer, and seeing the results of the newest election, and knowing that voter turnout was dismally low in pro-Brexit areas, I would, against my principles (since a people’s vote already happened) welcome a second referendum and put an end to this once and for all. I’m pretty confident that results will again be, not an overwhelming, but a definitive leave.
    “The best way to win an argument is to begin by being right.” -Jill Ruckelshaus

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steristumpie View Post
    But if I were a Brexiteer, and seeing the results of the newest election, and knowing that voter turnout was dismally low in pro-Brexit areas, I would, against my principles (since a people’s vote already happened) welcome a second referendum and put an end to this once and for all. I’m pretty confident that results will again be, not an overwhelming, but a definitive leave.
    And assuming it would happen, it would change nothing without deciding what kind of Brexit it's supposed to be. Britain is fucking around for over two years and have rejected every single idea they had. Saying "we want Brexit" again doesn't magically fix that, unless they immediately go for "no deal".

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it hilarious how Farage is demanding a seat at the negotiating table but NOT General Elections. This tells me he knows a GE would not go his way.
    Well, for example, if a court awarded you $17 million in an inheritance dispute, and You now have a cool 17mil going into your bank account, and the losers want to appeal, wouldn’t you oppose that appeal?
    “The best way to win an argument is to begin by being right.” -Jill Ruckelshaus

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Except even with the lack of permanent speed limits, your traffic fatalities are lower than the USA's by population or mileage. Also lower than Canada's, though to a lesser extent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ted_death_rate
    Which has probably more to do with a driving license costing about 2-2.5 grand in professional training before you're allowd to drive on your own than a lack of a speed limit.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I am not sure - would not the low turnout for the EU elections in the UK regions that voted Leave be logical? As in, if someone voted Leave, got the result of Leave in the vote for Brexit years ago, and overseeing the country leaving the EU later this year - is not it logical that they would have little interest in the EU elections, because whoever is voted into the EU is just for a short period? Or did I misunderstand and the contention is over something else?

There is a troll candidate, he insulted a female representative by calling her ugly (there is no other context in that tweet).

I rather you attack that troll candidate by saying he disrespected women and therefore he is unfit for office (duh!).

Instead, all those crazies cannot help themselves and must lie and call it some "R tweet". Seriously. Shake my head everytime, don't ask why the alt right is growing bigger and bigger.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.
    I *suspect* he's referring to Carl Benjamin, aka Sargon of Akkad, regarding his tweet that he would not even rape a certain MP. But it's kinda difficult to make sense of his post.

Quote Originally Posted by mythalworp View Post
    The greens did not appear that much and I doubt most voters have any idea what their position on the EU is.
    Yikes, Shalcker/Dribbles would be proud. "Send a message to remain in the EU" was literally all over their advertising material for this election.

Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    There is a troll candidate, he insulted a female representative by calling her ugly (there is no other context in that tweet).
    There's been an awful lot of talk about whether I would or wouldn't rape Jess Phillips. I've been in a lot of trouble for my hardline stance of not even raping her.

I suppose with enough pressure I might cave. But let's be honest, nobody's got that much beer.
    I must be missing the part where he mentions that she is ugly?
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-27 at 12:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Okay, given I'm in the US I have no ideas how these went. I know there was a projection of anti-EU forces winning big in these elections so can someone who isn't dribbles who IS following all this give me a quick summary of what happened here?
    In short, both extremes won, that being anti and pro EU.

Big difference between the two beyond th obvious is that the pro EU groups are far more United about their goals. While the anti groups are far more divided ,which is why most aren't bothered at all about their gains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So, have we got the actual Brexit Party policies yet? Or are they still essentially nonexistent?
    Leave
    ???
    Somehow profit
    Speciation Is Gradual

7+ Year Old Account
    I find it hilarious how Farage is demanding a seat at the negotiating table but NOT General Elections. This tells me he knows a GE would not go his way.
    He isn't just demanding one, after his overwhelming victory last night with almost twice the seats as his nearest rival, he is going to get a role.

BREXIT SHOCK: Boris Johnson would SHAKE UP Brussels 'by handing Farage a cabinet role'

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/11...ory-leadership

Quite right too.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    He isn't just demanding one, after his overwhelming victory last night with almost twice the seats as his nearest rival, he is going to get a role.

BREXIT SHOCK: Boris Johnson would SHAKE UP Brussels 'by handing Farage a cabinet role'

Quite right too.
    Unironically linking an express article, oh dribbles you never fail to amuse.
    Speciation Is Gradual

15+ Year Old Account

Quite right too.
    In your own words, what would that achieve?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    In your own words, what would that achieve?
    That sweet sweet no deal brexit in a few weeks time, good enough? Why wait until the end of October?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

That sweet sweet no deal brexit in a few weeks time, good enough? Why wait until the end of October?
    You’re the biggest masochist on this entire site. I shudder to think what your life must be like if even a fraction of this persona is real.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    You’re the biggest masochist on this entire site. I shudder to think what your life must be like if even a fraction of this persona is real.
    Thank you, thank you. But not even I can take all the credit for the electoral map of the UK looking the way it does today. You almost need a microscope to find the ever diminishing remain areas...

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Farage/his party didn't do enough to get a no deal Brexit. Will take a lot more than just putting Boris in any sort of office to get it.

Quick hint though: you're not getting a no deal Brexit.
    Hahaha really? Look at the map,,how on earth can remainers spin this as a victory... no hint needed a no deal brexit is a 99.9% certainty now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Thank you, thank you. But not even I can take all the credit for the electoral map of the UK looking the way it does today. You almost need a microscope to find the ever diminishing remain areas...

Hahaha really? Look at the map,,how on earth can remainers spin this as a victory... no hint needed a no deal brexit is a 99.9% certainty now.

[IMG]https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/27/10/13998676-7073827-With_most_results_in_the_Brexit_Party_had_won_the_vast_majority_-a-23_1558948787382.jpg[IMG]
    lol at still thinking these elections give anybody any power within the UK, do you not even know how EU seats work? And its not like it even represents what the people want with only 37% voting.