Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Wasn't the FBI in those days out to smear him, and outright threatened him? He was a civil rights icon who helped usher in a new era of equality for African Americans. That's all anybody needs to know.
    They were. That is why I am highly dubious about this. The FBI during that period wasn't above blackmail and extortion during Hoovers time at the FBI. If they had something like this they would have used it to take him down because of his political leanings tended towards concerns on communism.

Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    so your stance is that a pulitzer prize winning author who has made a living writing about MLK is lying? lol
    No amount of Pulitzers will turn shit to gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    don't be a moron, skin color isn't why anyone does anything really, it's poor black culture's need to drag everyone down to their level. you wanna be a smart kid and get good grades in the ghetto? good luck, you're gonna get your ass beaten, maybe killed and you got NOBODY to turn to for help because your mama is more concerned with her crack addiction, you don't know your daddy and the rest of your family is MIA/in prison/whatever

it's a borderline impossible situation, wouldn't you agree? it's not because they're black, it's because what POOR black culture idolizes and aspires to be. you got 1) PRO ATHLETE or 2) RAPPER
    Spoken like someones who only exposure to poor neighborhoods is from 'I'm totally a black guy and not making stuff up' on the Internet.

A smart kid doesn't get picked in the ghetto more than any other neighborhood apart from childhood bullying you'd see anywhere. If anything they are left alone, the risk not having any friends because 'they aren't cool' more than being bullied. Its like people think black people don't value education...open a book, read a research paper, instead of slobbering over a bunch of stereotyping bullshit.

https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ1090572.pdf

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CcB View Post
    How do you change a toxic culture that looks down on literal positivity, thinking, intelligence, individuality, and emotions? Other than schools and influencers teaching parents to treat their children not akin to slaves?
    Since the bright minds of this forum can't separate hip-hop culture from black culture. you do know that neither one look down the things you listed?

I know there's a lot of ignorance around here but this lowering the bar.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2019-05-27 at 04:22 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Thing is, stories start somewhere, and people keep calling for evidence and such, well, said journalist is well respected in his field, he most likely has the documents to hand. It has been less than 24 hours, and other news sources are also starting to pick up the story, so it seems more likely to me, that the White House or such, has asked for a blackout until the tapes can be provided to them to verify the claim and whatnot.

It is very true about people though, we build up idols, then expect them to be suddenly a paragon of virtue. I always get reminded of that Simpsons episode regarding Jebediah Springfield regarding this kind of thing. Sometimes the image of the person is better than the actual reality.

Also, people still "REEEEEEEEEEEEing" about said source and why no others have picked it up? (You know who I mean), well, today in the EU is European Parliament election day, so the media is very focused on that here, UK has the UK Party race and Brexit fall-out as a major story, and here in Belgium, we have national elections.
    Other countries do have other things going on, and most New outlets are very limited in how many people they can put on a story, so they go with what is popular/sells copy. These things are very important to Europeans atm, hence why we couldn't mainly give a fuck about MLK.
    Combine that with a potential WH "Hold off on reporting till we see the evidence" blackout, and it makes sense why it isn't covered everywhere. Were it a slow news day, you bet your ass it would be.
    I really don’t think you get how the news works if this thing had even a Sheered of credibility it would be every where the White House wouldn’t be able to black it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Given this is the same organization that tried to convince him to commit suicide, among other things, I'll take this one with a pinch of salt for now.

hmmm, dubious source.. picked up by a bunch of wingnut conservative websites.. posted on stormfront... yeah that about hits the there's no way in hell this happened trifecta!

Yeah, I'm not going to take the FBI's word on this, given their history with MLK.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    If true, does it deter from the man and his actions?

I don't know, would you build your government upon writings of a person who enslaves and rapes people?

Oh sorry, stupid question.

Just wanted to say that most people in Finland are not as gullible as OP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StickyRice View Post
    Just wanted to say that most people in Finland are not as gullible as OP.
    What do you know about Finnish people?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    What do you know about Finnish people?
    I am a Finn? I served in the Finnish Army?

The affairs part has been rumor for years, but if the other stuff is true boy howdy is this a conundrum.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread has gone into race issues. Closing this.

CLOSED.