Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    im not the one making endless threads about how vanilla wow is gonna have 60 bzillion subs and dominate the world. im just gettin in b4 the flop so i can say told you so.

if you cant take shit dont dish it.
    The majority of people who like Classic don't have such an exagerated opinion, and this isn't even one of those threads. You can also just not click them, instead of posting them and therefore bumping them.

The internet is not a hivemind. The people who have a different opinion than yours are not all the same person.

skyrim had more story than collect 20 boar tusks.
    And for a lot of people story is not what made Skyrim great. I can tell you I spent dozens if not hundreds on hours on Skyrim, and I only finished the main story (years after I started playing) because I forced myself to complete it. Same with Oblivion, to this day I haven't completed the main story even though I played the game a lot.

The real draw is immersion, and the balance between effort/time investment and reward, and Classic does that quite well, and in a lot of people's eyes better than current WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think it would be interesting to see Classic and BFA separated into different categories. The current Twitch WoW title card does specifically say BFA, but not exactly accurate.
    Doesn't make sense, still World of Warcraft.

Make a classic tag for easier search.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

its already dying down, latest classic vids on youtube that pop up have gone from 150k ish views to 50k which is less than the space engineer vids i watch. on twitch its down to 4th under "just chatting"

all the hallmarks of a fad.
    It will die down, but only because people will be playing it themselves

#THEHYPEISREAL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    It will die down, but only because people will be playing it themselves

#THEHYPEISREAL
    And then they stop playin just as they stopped watchin.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    I'm not sure why people think this is wildly out of the ordinary. The viewership stats you've linked for the timeframe relating to Classic Beta don't exclude the standard views for BFA, so they aren't really reflective specifically of interest in Classic. Regardless, the annoucement of Classic spikes interest from anyone who quit WoW over the last 15 years and thought "hey, maybe that would be interesting". The true measure of Classic's success is whether it can actually retain any of those people, and I really don't think it will. If people quit WoW and have stayed away, the last thing they're going to want to do 15 years later is go back to the "second life" style of game design that existed for MMO's back then.
    My 18 year old self when WoW first came out had too much real life responsibility to handle to play to the degree I wanted to, I logged like 5 hours a day which back then wasnt impressive unless I had a day off. But now that I am retired, im going to slam into this so hard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think it would be interesting to see Classic and BFA separated into different categories. The current Twitch WoW title card does specifically say BFA, but not exactly accurate.
    both world of warcraft, it could be a thing, but i don't think it needs to be
    runescape 3 and old school runescape are seperated
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I'm not sure why people think this is wildly out of the ordinary. The viewership stats you've linked for the timeframe relating to Classic Beta don't exclude the standard views for BFA, so they aren't really reflective specifically of interest in Classic. Regardless, the annoucement of Classic spikes interest from anyone who quit WoW over the last 15 years and thought "hey, maybe that would be interesting". The true measure of Classic's success is whether it can actually retain any of those people, and I really don't think it will. If people quit WoW and have stayed away, the last thing they're going to want to do 15 years later is go back to the "second life" style of game design that existed for MMO's back then.

Nothing happend in BFA in the same timeframe. So it is easy to see how many views were added because of Classic Beta.

It seems to spike more interest than BFA did. BFA Beta barely increased the views.

I honestly don't think twitch is any indicator of how much of a success classic will be. Especially since people will stop watching, when they can play themselves.
    But it does show that there seems to be a good amount of interest for it.

And: people who quit seem to be more interested in the old version of the game than a new expansion. Why were they not thinking "maybe that would be interesting" when BFA Beta started? Food for thought.

It will be easy to distinguish between the two anyway. Most WoW gamers will be playing classic, unless it's right at the beginning of a new expansion launch or something, lol. Perhaps that BfA picture will have to be updated to a more generic WoW one to mean it includes both the oldschool and modern versions.

The circle jerking on Classic WoW hating on a forum dedicated to Classic WoW is amazing to read. Like a little group of old sad men complaning loud enough for all to hear it in their vicinity.

Can't even discuss a simple subject like splitting the twitch WoW categories into two seperate sections without them crawling out of their holes.

Also, yes they should split it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    The circle jerking on Classic WoW hating on a forum dedicated to Classic WoW is amazing to read. Like a little group of old sad men complaning loud enough for all to hear it in their vicinity.
    They're the kind of gamers that want everything spoonfed to them. Don't waste your time. They're just trolling these forums.

its crazy, the say shit like "classic was so much harder and complex"............. bro hunters had there rotation in a macro bound to scroll wheel............ i think my sig sums it up.
    Honestly, your sig is pretty cringe

its already dying down, latest classic vids on youtube that pop up have gone from 150k ish views to 50k which is less than the space engineer vids i watch. on twitch its down to 4th under "just chatting"

all the hallmarks of a fad.
    It's a beta capped at lvl 30 jokes on you

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post

Can't even discuss a simple subject like splitting the twitch WoW categories into two seperate sections without them crawling out of their holes.

Also, yes they should split it.
    Some of it is actually bitter, jaded older players who don't want anyone to relive the experience they had when they were kids. They have jobs and commitments now and won't have the time to play both retail and Classic, so they choose to try and ruin it for those that want to enjoy WoW the way it was meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Geez, you would think with that much money he could atleast hire someone to clean his house, he should rename himself to asmessygold.
    The worst part is that he is probably proud of it too.
    I think that the best part is that you care how he lives, makes you so mad

It is absolutely incredible to me that one hundred thousand people tuned in to watch epic Classic content from Asmongold, who lives like this:
    Whoa, I have the same desk as him, except in black.

I also have a cleaner room.

Saihah confirmed for next Asmongold???
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I think that the best part is that you care how he lives, makes you so mad
    Mad? Do you even know what that word means? If anythin it makes me sad, seein how he cant care for himself to the point that the trash is stockpilin up.

It tells alot about you though, actually defending asmons living standards, to the point that you think other people would be mad that he lives like that. Like what was your thought progress when you responded to me? Am i mad because im jelous that i dont live in piles of garbage? Im truely curious.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2019-05-27 at 12:26 PM.
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Mad? Do you even know what that word means? If anythin it makes me sad, seein how he cant care for himself to the point that the trash is stockpilin up.

It tells alot about you though, actually defending asmons living standards, to the point that you think other people would be mad that he lives like that. Like what was your thought progress when you responded to me? Am i mad because im jelous that i dont live in piles of garbage? Im truely curious.
    Do you live with him? How does his living standards impact your life?

It makes you sad? Why does it make you sad?

Lot's of questions, simple answer

You care too much because he makes you mad. Why? No idea, that's for you to find out

I think ultimately Blizzard will "influence" twitch to keep it as one. Just like they are keeping game subscriptions and so on as one. Direct numbers comparisons at least take effort then and that deters most people almost instantly.

10+ Year Old Account

You care too much because he makes you mad. Why? No idea, that's for you to find out
    It does not impact my life, that is true, yet i can only feel sorry for him that he doesnt even find the energy to put everythin in a bag and throw it away, which takes like a few minutes at most. He clearly needs help if it some small help like hiring a someone to clean his house on a regular basis, or somethin more impactful like fixing the part in his head in a therapy that makes him think that living like this is okay.

Also i would recommened for you to learn what mad means, since you proven multiple times so far that you do not know.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2019-05-27 at 12:40 PM.

You do realize there are TV shows about dealing with people who live like that ?

So what if Nnyco is concerned about another human being who lives in such a garbage collection.

What does it matter to you if one is concerned about someone else's living conditions ?

Looking for a working online signature generator .....