Thread: Raid frames

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    Total nonsense sorry mate. I've watched probably 100 hours of beta streams, everything from the name plates to the damage combat text is as it was in Vanilla. (Thank god, because all those things suck major ass in retail).
    It's not nonsense when it's running the 7.3.5 client - even in the Blizzcon demo the dungeon finder was still there. There's elements of newer WoW that they've obviously left in. Maybe they'll re-add that interface, who knows - maybe it is a bug, maybe it's intentional. I'm taking it as it's not a bug, as it's the 7.3.5 client running 1.12 data - based on the fact that all of the interface options aren't as they were in 1.12 and reflect the 7.3.5 client.
    Last edited by THEORACLE64; 2019-05-26 at 12:18 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The option for the old ones are there, and most people will just use a raid ui addon anyway no matter what Blizz does.
    It's just one of the things that just is when you're running a 7.2 client underneath.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Get Luna working for classic and i'll be a happy paladin
    For the raid frames? Why?????

The built in raid frames in classic are 10000x better than Luna (or any raid frames addon actually)

Ya, this is one of those decisions that if they changed now would be just to replicate a time machine product, instead of a functioning game.
    The previous iteration of "raid frames" is just worse in every way than the current one.
    This isn't like some quality of life thing like LFR or flying.
    Its a tech element that there is no reason to revert, considering people have already ported Luna and Vuhdo over.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Actually the default frames are in game and usable.So right now there is the old and the new raid frames at the same time as an option.why is that?I was just curious.Are the new ones here to stay or will they be removed?
    Because why should the old ones stay if no one wants them?
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

They need to keep the slight UI improvements. #NoChanges is a toxic mindset that needs to go away especially since half of the stuff they've paraded has been proven wrong by Blizzard anyways compared to their faulty memories or using private servers as "real" vanilla.

Well you might think #NoChanges is toxic mindset but that has been the approach by Blizzard from the very beginning (that's why they are constantly comparing against the reference client) and the one that the people who campaigned for Classic *all* demanded, because they knew if one change crept in it would be a very fast slippery slope ending in Cash shops and all the other game-ruining shite from retail.

People will just use whatever frames they want, does it matter? Will the BlizzardPolice come and delete my addon? - I dont like the default UI so I would rather use ElvUI and not the vanilla or current raid frames as it also offers more customization code-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    They have a reference Vanilla 1.1.2 client you moron.

What part of no changes don't you understand? Blizzard has been going by this philosophy from the start
    Not true but stay delusional.

I used CT_raid frames until late tbc where I switched to xperl, I didn't use healbot until t5, and then I didn't setup autotarget until legion. so since tbc i had raid frames for targets and healbot for direct healing. I still use healbot when I play but these days i've got used to having left click as autotarget + flash heal and just stop casting when I need to. I had a very similar looking ui for most of tbc and uptil i burnt out in wrath.

I think a lot of ppl did use CT_Raid during classic as that mod also had basic boss warnings like deep breath. and ofc MT target frames. did anyone use the default raid frames? i didn't think they existed right at the start. or they just weren't as good as ctraid. when you heal you tend to need a half decent set of frames.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-05-28 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    LOL please explain how the modern raid frames are unsuitable for healers? I always thought that the built-in raid frames are waaaaaay better than any raid frame addon, because they already look nice, are easy to setup (also includes profiles) and they display all necessary info with icons, no clipping issues etc...
    It's clear to me that you have no idea what you are talking about. Let alone no debuff/buff filter makes them far inferior to any raidframe addon out there.

Classic raid frames were a feature most people replaced with addons anyway. So please, give us the new ones, at least they are usable. If you don't want them, don't use them.

The ones who are shouting "NO CHANGES" for something like this still haven't understood what Classic is about for some of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    was anyone NOT using some kind of raidframe addon back then?
    >.>

<.<

Healing druid. I don't even know what Molten Core looks like.

Thanks goodness for grid.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    It's clear to me that you have no idea what you are talking about. Let alone no debuff/buff filter makes them far inferior to any raidframe addon out there.
    This is a non-issue. I have been using the built in raid frames since they were added to the game (for mythic/old heroic raids) and so do most mythic raiders...

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    This is a non-issue. I have been using the built in raid frames since they were added to the game (for mythic/old heroic raids) and so do most mythic raiders...
    Ad populum. You are just wrong and i gave you a clear example why.