Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What are best / worst in classic for you personally?

What is the one thing you are looking most forward to in classic and what is the worst?

For me im looking forward to lvl in STV and hope for alot of pvp.... but then agian the worst is if you gonna get corpse camped by full parties and you know you dont have a lvl 60 ready close by

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'm just looking forward to playing in the old world again. Especially Southshore and Hillsbrad Foothills (Alliance players haven't had any reason to touch those areas since Cataclysm).

Worst? Probably the streamers and their fan clubs. And some of the private server crowd.

I just love the idea of developing a character slowly over time in a world I have to travel from one side to the other. Worst will be to cope with "these classes are bad" players, but I'll live with that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I'm just looking forward to playing in the old world again. Especially Southshore and Hillsbrad Foothills (Alliance players haven't had any reason to touch those areas since Cataclysm).

Worst? Probably the streamers and their fan clubs. And some of the private server crowd.
    Yep same here. Throw in pre cata Darkshore and Westfall for me without those stupid whirlwinds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyranna View Post
    I just love the idea of developing a character slowly over time in a world I have to travel from one side to the other. Worst will be to cope with "these classes are bad" players, but I'll live with that.
    Right there with you. I love questing slow and having every hard earned level matter.

Worst - X-realm BG's, Bad version of AV, Upgraded gear from the start, layering, etc.

Good - Well the old world is back, i never liked the cataclysm changes.

best is the style of tanking, and rpg mechanics being front and center over quick action.

Worst some QoL features like cheaper respecs (i dont need dual spec, but bankrupting me is no fun either) and some of the stigma towards certain classes that were less desirable.

Best - Paladin horse quest.
    Worst - Can't pick one.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Best : Seeing old zones like Barrens, 1k Needles, Hillsbrad, Ashenvale restored to their former glory and not the abomination they've become in retail

Worst : Likely the time commitment. When I played Vanilla I was 16-18 and had fountainous amounts of time on my hands. Not so true anymore in my 30s

Best will be all those "aaaw, remember this?" Moments probably including corpse running into a cave and running out of ammo and so on.

Worst will be all the people flaming each other about retail vs. classic, because why enjoy yourself when you can tell at other people about how much they are enjoying themselves wrong.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Experiencing to old world music, old Org, old dungeon layouts, and some of the older quests are what I'm looking forward to most when I check it out.

Manually putting together a dungeon group, one faction AH location, quests that have you trek long distances only to have to come back to turn it in, disjointed leveling path, resource management like ammo, and the ridiculous amounts of farming for res gear and mats for potions.(don't plan to raid or play a hunter or warlock so the last 2 are moot).

Best: Gaining a talent point every level and having to play "properly" (no steamrolling everything like retail)
    Worst will be youtubhaters shitting on the game for the sake of it
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Best: Making friends in the world and then joining their guild, as opposed to joining a guild and then making friends. Basically, the community the game naturally incentivizes.

Worst: People knowing that classes like Warrior, Rogue, Mage are better and have a more complete design than classes like Paladin, Druid, Warlock.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best: Having to actually feed my pet/needing ammo and talent trees. I really missed them.

As for the worst, going back to the old shitty graphics. Would have preferred Classic redone from the ground up with everything else remaining the same.

Best: A more social experience where making friends is natural rather than an effort. A leveling process that feels meaningful rather than a tedious and uninteresting grind to max level.

Worst: Extremely simple and boring rotations, especially in raiding. Very simple and largely uninteresting encounter mechanics in dungeons and raids.

The open world pvp being the most fun im looking forward to, the worst? The grind and the future pain and agony of having to find groups for later dungeons

10+ Year Old Account
    Good: The world is far more engaging

Bad: The community, the private server community especially.

Good: Professions have meaning once again

Bad: I am not sure.. I just can't wait so. Let's see. I am sure something bad will pop up during playing.

Best : no transmog

Worst : full price sub while there's no content development cost to cover

There are many thing that are worst in Vanilla: No farming potential as a healer, healing equipment with just +heal, leveling as a healer...

Surprisingly there's something i'm still really looking forward to: PROFESSIONS, GRINDING AND PREPARING. Vanilla had so much more to do in terms of grinding potential: reputations that are grindable, farming for mats, special objects in the world (un'goro), fishing, alchemy; everything was much more powerful than now; you need to think how much you want to prepare for raids, and it was worthwhile. Cooking and so on. That's fun for me, and probably the only reason i might also play vanilla.

Having professions that matters is the biggest attraction for me.

Best thing: seeing people active in the world and on the same continent

Worst thing: probably the god awefull pvp system