Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you get acess to allied races if you faction change?

Hey, If i have both Mag'har and Zandalari then Faction change the exalted character, Does the exalted rep stay? Or does it get reset to 0?

Just wondering if i can faction change and instantly get dark iron and Kul tiran.

The rep stays you just have to do the scenario for dark irpn but have to do the whole war campaign for KT

Yes, you will just have to do the alliance war story but after that you can. Also after you do the other factions war story you get the achievement a tale of two sides or something like that and get a new mount for each faction. A horse for the horse and wolf for alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    The rep stays you just have to do the scenario for dark irpn but have to do the whole war campaign for KT
    What happens to the Horde war campaign if i switch to alliance then back to horde? does it reset?

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    What happens to the Horde war campaign if i switch to alliance then back to horde? does it reset?
    Try it and tell us.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hey, If i have both Mag'har and Zandalari then Faction change the exalted character, Does the exalted rep stay? Or does it get reset to 0?

Just wondering if i can faction change and instantly get dark iron and Kul tiran.
    You can only play Legion AR's out of the box if you change faction. DI Dwarves require rep (no, Honorbound rep doesn't count) and KTs require rep as well as the ally version of A Nation United achievement (again, Horde version doesn't count).
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    You can only play Legion AR's out of the box if you change faction. DI Dwarves require rep (no, Honorbound rep doesn't count) and KTs require rep as well as the ally version of A Nation United achievement (again, Horde version doesn't count).
    "Honorbound dosen't count" are you saying it won't change to 7th legion if i faction change?

5+ Year Old Account
    "Honorbound dosen't count" are you saying it won't change to 7th legion if i faction change?
    Exactly. You will have to grind 7th legion rep from scratch.

Exactly. You will have to grind 7th legion rep from scratch.
    I doubt that's the case. I don't think they reset it from Exalted to neutral.

But if you have an actual source for this statement, i'd love to see it

I faction swapped the character I unlocked buff trolls and and tan orks on to the Alliance, and can still create both.
    Last edited by Theangryone; 2019-05-27 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Try it and tell us.
    Wasen't there a Horde guild that transfered to alliance for a gear piece then back to horde later?

Did they ever mention something about the campaign?

10+ Year Old Account

It gets converted but you still need to do the unlock questline.

Though, a lot of progression resets in form of achievements and such.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    I faction swapped the character I unlocked buff trolls and and tan orks and can still create both.
    Did your honorbound reputation turn into 7th Legion? Did it get reset to neutral or did it stay exaled?

Did you have to complete the Alliance campaign in order to create a Dark iron?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It gets converted but you still need to do the unlock questline.

Though, a lot of progression resets in form of achievements and such.
    Is there a reason or logic behind what the guy "Soon-TM" says that Rep will reset?

I find it very odd that he would think that.

Maby just a troll?

5+ Year Old Account

Source: my own Alliance rerolling (i.e. transfer).
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2019-05-27 at 04:05 PM.

Did your honorbound reputation turn into 7th Legion? Did it get reset to neutral or did it stay exaled?

Did you have to complete the Alliance campaign in order to create a Dark iron?
    Rep stayed but had to do the war quests, most annoying thing was losing the ability to use flight paths unlocked by questing. Despite doing Loremaster for Horde, there are flightpaths I can land at in Kul Tiras that I can't fly out of

10+ Year Old Account

It isn't true.

Each rep converts directly to its faction counterpart.

On faction swap, reps are converted but certain things like the war campaign 'reset' to the beginning. You can test it on the PTR even. Just copy a character until it gets the Faction Transfer thing.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2019-05-27 at 04:06 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Source: my own Alliance rerolling.
    Well, 5 people say it stays. So i'm just gonna assume you are trying to troll/bait for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a reason or logic behind what the guy "Soon-TM" says that Rep will reset?

I find it very odd that he would think that.

Maby just a troll?
    Sorry for my delayed reply, had to find a specific link for you.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If you Faction Change your Honorbound or 7th Legion reputation will convert into the opposite faction equivalent.

Keep in mind, however, that faction-specific quests and achievements won't be converted to their counterpart in the new faction. As a result, you will be required to complete the War Campaign in the new faction.

Hope this helps.

(Source)
    As the post even says, hope this helps!

But you'll still need to do the war campaign, as it says.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    The factions swap to their Horde/Alliance equivalent.

You just need to do the quests for them.

Going Horde to Alliance you need Exalted with 7th Legion and the Ready for War Achievement for Dark Irons. If you're exalted with Honorbound all you need to do is the Ready for War Quests on Alliance side.

Kul'Tirans... oooh boy. Exalted with Proudmoore. that's the easy part. You need to complete all the story quest chains in Tiragarde/Drust/Stormsong, do the long drawn out Pride of Kul'Tiras quest chain (hope you like running dungeons on Mythic 0), and complete the 8.1 War Campaign.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It gets restarted. You will have to do it all over again.

The same with quests, they restart, basically like the expansion just started for you.

Did it a few times this expansion