Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankabbot View Post
    We laughed at people's inability to communicate. People unable to say "hi" in a group complaining they couldn't get people to join them. What a surprise.
    How is saying LFM displaying an inability to communicate? Just sounds like you are elitist pricks who thought / think you are better than others, and enjoy being rude towards others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Yes, every unofficial vanilla server that actually has a population. Kinda obviously implied in a statement about community that it's talking about servers with an actual playerbase. You're not being witty by mentioning servers you have for yourself. You're the one being confused and desperate. If all you got is taking things to the literal extreme then you'd be better off not saying anything so people wouldn't think less of your intelligence.
    My point is you have absolutely no ability to claim to know how the community behaved on EVERY PS. You wouldnt even know how the community was on a small fraction of them. And even then, it will be exclusive to your personal experience in the game, during the short time you played on that server. If you dont have anything other than taking things to the literal extreme, then you are better off not saying anything. Personally, i dont really care what others think of my intelligence. Seems to be quite a big issue for you though?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Except it'll take you longer to do an elite quest than to do a +10, and as I already said which you've so skillfully avoided completely, the entire pacing of the game is entirely different and caters towards actually socializing.
    Person uses a RAID in their example
    Respond in relation to M+ because it fits your agenda better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    it already has...

why is this 14 pages long?
    "Why is this 14 pages long?" asked the man on page 19.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    How is saying LFM displaying an inability to communicate? Just sounds like you are elitist pricks who thought / think you are better than others, and enjoy being rude towards others.

- - - Updated - - -

My point is you have absolutely no ability to claim to know how the community behaved on EVERY PS. You wouldnt even know how the community was on a small fraction of them. And even then, it will be exclusive to your personal experience in the game, during the short time you played on that server. If you dont have anything other than taking things to the literal extreme, then you are better off not saying anything. Personally, i dont really care what others think of my intelligence. Seems to be quite a big issue for you though?

- - - Updated - - -

Person uses a RAID in their example
    Respond in relation to M+ because it fits your agenda better.

- - - Updated - - -

"Why is this 14 pages long?" asked the man on page 19.
    "hey anyone interested in running whatever" has a much better ring to it. It sounds like elitism to you but it actually is like... education.

Look, here is the deal. This thread will go around and around in circles with the same arguement until the end of time - which im totally ok with. But one thing will not change - Communication is important in retail, and communication is important in Vanilla.

Currently, if you wish to do high end play of any kind that is not just farming - Mythic raiding, pushing high end keys, High end arena and in particular RBG; groups will require communication - typically discord / vent. Sure, the frothing classic fans will argue that they can gear to extremely high ilvls without communicating once - and this is PARTLY true - there is a lot of gear that can be obtained solo - but you will always have a quicker path to much higher ilvls through organised group content, and that will require communication.

In Vanilla, the skill cap was MUCH lower, and access to gear was far more restricted. Less ppl raided, and far more simply gained the best items they could by completing things like low level dungeons and elite quests. The frothing retail fans will say the game was "easy" and there was no challenge, and raiding was simply pushing 1 button (not entirely untrue, but often mentioned disingenuously) and based on this argument, communication wasnt really needed.

My issue is throughout this thread people are comparing Vanilla with Retail, and then taking their Vanilla experiences, and superimposing them over Classic and saying it will be the same. The second argument used frequently is 'i play on PS and we are all besties and we all hang out together and talk about politics' but again, you cant take the PS players and superimpose them onto the Classic community and say it will be the same. It will not be the same - it will NOT be the same community, because it will not be exclusively the same players - some argue it will mostly be PS players, others say none will come over as the Sub will be too much of a deterrent. Personally, i think its a mix of both - Some will pay the first month, maybe the second, before realising they are paying for something they had for free, and could STILL have for free.

What im trying to say, is we have no accurate information on the breakdown of the playerbase, their expectations, and their goals. Communication will happen, just like it still happens now in BfA. The main difference between communication in Vanilla (not classic) and the communication in Retail is the trigger point for starting the communication.

- - - Updated - - -

"hey anyone interested in running whatever" has a much better ring to it. It sounds like elitism to you but it actually is like... education.
    But they are not interesting in running "whatever" they are forming a specific group with a specific intention, and are looking for more / looking for members to join them in that activity. Clearly it is you in need of some education in relation to the abbreviations and protocol when forming groups in game. If you are just here on your BRAND NEW account to troll, i can promise you - you wont last long.

Yes, because they will have to. There is no LFG to hide behind and be an anonymous asshole. Will there still be dicks and groups that are toxic? Of course, but there will be MUCH less because your server rep is actually important and people can and will be blacklisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Warlock has DS/Ruin or SM/Ruin for pve; SM/Ruin, SL, or destro for pvp (along with some fringe specs I'm potentially forgetting). That's more customization than you can currently get out of retail.

Not to mention not viable, but fun specs like PoM+Pyro mages.

Sure, in raids warlocks essentially boiled down to shadowbolt spam, but the place where variance really shines in vanilla is pvp.

It's fine if you don't like the way vanilla talents are set up. Really, it is. But let's not pretend that there's no customization available because that simply isn't true
    Take your own advice. Either you know nothing about retail, or, more likely, you are just being extremely disingenuous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Yes, because they will have to. There is no LFG to hide behind and be an anonymous asshole. Will there still be dicks and groups that are toxic? Of course, but there will be MUCH less because your server rep is actually important and people can and will be blacklisted.
    If you honestly think you can complete anything even remotely high end in BfA without communicating - you are just advertising the fact you either have no experience with high end play, or, are just yet another 'retail basher'. Why is the classic community so obsessed with 'retail'? Its very possible to enjoy parts of BfA, and enjoy parts of Classic. There really is no reason to hate on it.

Take your own advice. Either you know nothing about retail, or, more likely, you are just being extremely disingenuous.
    "pICk ThReE PvP tAlEnTs!!1"

Wow much customisation, such variety. And perfectly dumbed down into a simple menu so it's nice and idiot proof for the BfA generation. mOdErN gAmE dEsIgN

Infracted {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-05-28 at 01:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Not really, usually only the final quest is elite. And by that logic, you could include any random dungeon quest you get after clearing entire zone in BFA. Woah, it took so much time, truly impressive.

And don't "wut" me. You supposedly crushed that hypothetical M+10 in no time, which indicates you have a group - or you're supposedly so great that everyone wants you in their group. Which takes care of the major issue with elite quests, at which point it's pretty much a formality to kill a slightly stronger enemy.
    Clearly you've either never played Vanilla, or you have your head so far up your own ass that you're automatically discarding anything contrary to what you percieve it to be.
    Woah, much surprise, BfA is better at giving you a social platform to interact in and the thousands, if not tens of thousands that has said the contrary are all oblivious to the truth. The water is turning the frogs gay.

Mate, are you trying to tell me that a +10 is difficult at all?
    You could put a toddler on a Demon Hunter and just tell him what to press and no one would be able to tell any difference. It's mindless as fuck outside of a select few affixes and those can usually be handled by the tank and healer either way.

Look, here is the deal. This thread will go around and around in circles with the same arguement until the end of time - which im totally ok with. But one thing will not change - Communication is important in retail, and communication is important in Vanilla.

Currently, if you wish to do high end play of any kind that is not just farming - Mythic raiding, pushing high end keys, High end arena and in particular RBG; groups will require communication - typically discord / vent. Sure, the frothing classic fans will argue that they can gear to extremely high ilvls without communicating once - and this is PARTLY true - there is a lot of gear that can be obtained solo - but you will always have a quicker path to much higher ilvls through organised group content, and that will require communication.

In Vanilla, the skill cap was MUCH lower, and access to gear was far more restricted. Less ppl raided, and far more simply gained the best items they could by completing things like low level dungeons and elite quests. The frothing retail fans will say the game was "easy" and there was no challenge, and raiding was simply pushing 1 button (not entirely untrue, but often mentioned disingenuously) and based on this argument, communication wasnt really needed.

My issue is throughout this thread people are comparing Vanilla with Retail, and then taking their Vanilla experiences, and superimposing them over Classic and saying it will be the same. The second argument used frequently is 'i play on PS and we are all besties and we all hang out together and talk about politics' but again, you cant take the PS players and superimpose them onto the Classic community and say it will be the same. It will not be the same - it will NOT be the same community, because it will not be exclusively the same players - some argue it will mostly be PS players, others say none will come over as the Sub will be too much of a deterrent. Personally, i think its a mix of both - Some will pay the first month, maybe the second, before realising they are paying for something they had for free, and could STILL have for free.

What im trying to say, is we have no accurate information on the breakdown of the playerbase, their expectations, and their goals. Communication will happen, just like it still happens now in BfA. The main difference between communication in Vanilla (not classic) and the communication in Retail is the trigger point for starting the communication.

- - - Updated - - -

But they are not interesting in running "whatever" they are forming a specific group with a specific intention, and are looking for more / looking for members to join them in that activity. Clearly it is you in need of some education in relation to the abbreviations and protocol when forming groups in game. If you are just here on your BRAND NEW account to troll, i can promise you - you wont last long.
    You could have just replaced "whatever" with a random dungeon and avoided this horrible useless post of yours.

You could have just replaced "whatever" with a random dungeon and avoided this horrible useless post of yours.
    And you could have just replaced "looking for people" with LFM and avoided looking like an absolute tool right now.

And you could have just replaced "looking for people" with LFM and avoided looking like an absolute tool right now.
    Don't worry about me, I've managed perfectly well pre lfg. You keep spamming LFM in orgrimmar then complain "I can't get a group we need lfg". Good luck.

It'll be shaky at first, obviously people from private servers are going to stick together at first, as the hype dies down, people will be forced to communicate with each other otherwise guilds will die. Classic isn't going to remain popular, it'll die out after the initial hype and stagger around 80-120k active players worldwide. Even Nost at it's highest point only had 300k active players and later they admitted that it included bot accounts and accounts that didn't even have a max level toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Clearly you've either never played Vanilla, or you have your head so far up your own ass that you're automatically discarding anything contrary to what you percieve it to be.
    Woah, much surprise, BfA is better at giving you a social platform to interact in and the thousands, if not tens of thousands that has said the contrary are all oblivious to the truth. The water is turning the frogs gay.

Mate, are you trying to tell me that a +10 is difficult at all?
    You could put a toddler on a Demon Hunter and just tell him what to press and no one would be able to tell any difference. It's mindless as fuck outside of a select few affixes and those can usually be handled by the tank and healer either way.
    Again, if you're at the point where +10 is trivial, it means you're pretty geared and have no problem forming groups... which would also trivialize Vanilla/Classic instances. There is a point where you no longer bother with CCing, just crush the mobs without any issues. But just like +10, you can still die if your "idiot dpser" pulls an extra pack you didn't quite expect.

At very least, those "select few affixes" keep things more engaging than yet another run for Crusader orbs, where the final boss mechanics involved couple seconds of sleep. Clearly no Demon Hunter would be able to handle such complexity.

Quote Originally Posted by Savagedragn View Post
    Will we ACTUALLY get back to people communicating with each other in Classic?
    No. Why would we? Just because you have to talk to put it together, that doesn't mean anything. You can't force interactions. The reason we are in the state that we are in is simple, people don't want to bother to begin with. Otherwise, they would.

"But its harder to ignore people on a server if you want to do stuff!". Yes, it is. Its also just as easy to just ignore them after the content or speak only when absolutely needed in a dungeon. Unless you're the leader organizing it, you don't even need to speak.

Bottom line, it fell apart because people don't want to communicate to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    No. Why would we? Just because you have to talk to put it together, that doesn't mean anything. You can't force interactions. The reason we are in the state that we are in is simple, people don't want to bother to begin with. Otherwise, they would.

"But its harder to ignore people on a server if you want to do stuff!". Yes, it is. Its also just as easy to just ignore them after the content or speak only when absolutely needed in a dungeon. Unless you're the leader organizing it, you don't even need to speak.

Bottom line, it fell apart because people don't want to communicate to begin with.
    No! It's blizzard's fault for not FORCING people to play together.
    People don't make friends rn because they don't want to. dassit. community died for antisocial people because they *needed* to be needed. When that went away, so did their interactions.

You don't need to communicate until BwL. So 80% of Classic players won't communicate
    And I'd rather not communicate with some "Classic enthousiath" from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Pretty much /thread.

People who want to make friends can talk to anyone they like, back then same as now. People who don't can just... not do it. And there isn't really anything wrong with that.

Communication for group content is going to work the same it does now - mostly without words and with an understanding of the demands of whatever it is you're doing. Putting marks on CC targets and all that, as it's needed.

Classic doesn't really have particularly challenging content, and it'll mostly come down to how bad people are at the game. The worse they are, the more communication will be needed. A skilled, geared group will plow through dungeons with barely a word, just like they do today.

- - - Updated - - -

If you honestly think you can complete anything even remotely high end in BfA without communicating - you are just advertising the fact you either have no experience with high end play, or, are just yet another 'retail basher'. Why is the classic community so obsessed with 'retail'? Its very possible to enjoy parts of BfA, and enjoy parts of Classic. There really is no reason to hate on it.
    Thats the point. You dont have to do high end in BFA. It is same content. It is same dungeons and raids what you have been runing in LFG and LFR. There is no reason to do them again on higher difficulty. Thats why WoW should have 1 set difficulty just like in vannila or tbc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    You don't need to communicate until BwL. So 80% of Classic players won't communicate
    And I'd rather not communicate with some "Classic enthousiath" from here.
    Well people alredy communicated lot at stress test on pvl 5 so you are obviously wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Pretty much /thread.

People who want to make friends can talk to anyone they like, back then same as now. People who don't can just... not do it. And there isn't really anything wrong with that.

Communication for group content is going to work the same it does now - mostly without words and with an understanding of the demands of whatever it is you're doing. Putting marks on CC targets and all that, as it's needed.

Classic doesn't really have particularly challenging content, and it'll mostly come down to how bad people are at the game. The worse they are, the more communication will be needed. A skilled, geared group will plow through dungeons with barely a word, just like they do today.
    They cant becouse in 99% of cases they will get ignored on retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Pretty much /thread.

Why would I in Retail talk to some random Joe, that acts like a self righteous ... who isn't even from my server, whom Ive been put together with at random, who wouldn't give me the time of day here or outside in the world ? On P servers I can tell you it is soo different than anything on retail, like many have said they are like two completely different games! On P servers you get randomly buffed by other classes just because every one knows how good it feels and how big a difference it makes. A gesture of gratitude normally follows, or healing a random player who is about to die (for no other reason than to be kind). Hell you can even be rezzed if you are lucky. Asking a mage for water and food before adventuring, or a portal etc. etc. There is just soo much flavor in Classic that makes it a totally different experience and where communication not only helps you but the community.

You will have a hard time in Classic if you play it solo. That fact alone will bring back a lot of the community feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    The beta is already full of it. The elitism from some people in low level dungeons like Deadmines is astounding. It's a beta ffs. Just take a chill pill and have fun.
    I honestly haven't seen any of this. Not saying it didn't happen, maybe I've been lucky but I haven't seen it myself.