Post Japan attack: Child among two killed in Kawasaki stabbing

Source

A knife-wielding man has attacked a group of schoolchildren waiting for a bus in the Japanese city of Kawasaki near Tokyo.

At least 18 people were injured in a residential area. Two of them, an 11-year-old girl and a 39-year-old man, have died.

A suspect, a man in his 50s, stabbed himself in the neck after his rampage and later died in hospital.

Violent crime is rare in Japan and the motive for the attack is unknown.

The suspect was holding knives in both hands as he attacked the victims - 16 of whom were schoolgirls.

Police later named the victims of the fatal attack as Hanako Kuribayashi, who was in the sixth grade, and foreign ministry official Satoshi Oyama, who is believed to be the parent of another child.

The suspect has not been named.

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe condemned the attack, saying he felt "strong anger" against it.

"It is a very harrowing case. I offer my heartfelt condolences to the victims and hope the injured recover quickly," Mr Abe said.
    Image caption Paramedics set up tents at the scene to treat the injured
    How did the incident unfold?

The incident took place just before 08:00 local time on Tuesday (23:00 GMT Monday) near a local park and a train station.

A number of students were waiting to board their bus to the nearby Caritas elementary school, a private Catholic school.

The driver of the Caritas bus told NHK that he saw a man approach the queue of students.

He began stabbing the children and then boarded the bus and stabbed children inside as well, according to the BBC's Japan correspondent, Rupert Wingfield-Hayes.

News agency Kyodo said the man was heard shouting "I'm going to kill you" during the attack.

He was apprehended by police and later died in hospital from injuries.

Emergency services arrived at the scene and set up medical tents to treat the wounded.

Locals have now begun placing flowers outside the site of the attack in a tribute to the victims.
    Image caption People have begun laying down flowers at the site of the mass stabbing

US President Donald Trump, who was in Japan on the last day of a state visit, also offered his "prayers and sympathy" to the victims.
    How common are such incidents in Japan?

They are extremely rare and Japan has one of the world's lowest rates of violent crime.

Our correspondent says that in his neighbourhood it is very common to see children as young as four walking to school by themselves - a normal practice in Japan because it is so safe.

However, there has been in recent years a handful of attacks involving knives.

In 2016, 19 people at a care centre for people with mental disabilities were stabbed to death by a former worker. He reportedly said he wanted those with disabilities to "disappear"
    What motivates people to do these kind of things? This is crazy!

15+ Year Old Account
    Fortunately he didn't have a gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Fortunately he didn't have a gun.
    good think he didn't have super saiyan powers either, imagine what could have happened then!
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    good think he didn't have super saiyan powers either, imagine what could have happened then!
    The situation would be ongoing for another 7 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    The situation would be ongoing for another 7 episodes.
    How many Z warriors does it take to change a light bulb?

just one, but it takes 20 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post

Oldie but goodie.

Showing your age. That joke is something like 20 years old or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Showing your age. That joke is something like 20 years old or so.
    Dragonball Z is 20 years old, damn I feel old

Did he use a bayonet? they liked that alot back in the days.

Crazy how much they changed btw from sucking the emperors dick and gladly die in his name to the japan we have today. Biggest change in a country that ive seen.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Good thing it wasn't a katana.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty damn sad especially because of the Children it happened to, also pretty strange being it happened in Japan.

Though I couldn't help but think of this when it described the Guy in the situation.

You are old when everything you liked as kid is making a comeback as an adult, it means they know you are so old enough you can be milked on nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s actually 30 this year.
    yeah I was thinking more when it came to the states, I don't think I seen an episode until 1999 or 98

Ya no DBZ is 30 years old it started in 1989 in fact just last month it was it's 30th anniversary of the anime Apr 26, 1989

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Ya no DBZ is 30 years old it started in 1989 in fact just last month it was it's 30th anniversary of the anime Apr 26, 1989
    Yeah, i know in japan it came out in 89 but it wasn't in the states, and most people didn't have internet to know about it until it came out on local TV, then cartoon network picked it up which made it more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    I was 5 years old at the time and had no way of getting the videos to America.

I started watching it when it aired in the US in 1996. Maybe 1997 when I started. It sucked because it took FOREVER to move to the frieza saga in the US. The amount of reruns was insane.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I was 5 years old at the time and had no way of getting the videos to America.

I started watching it when it aired in the US in 1996. Maybe 1997 when I started. It sucked because it took FOREVER to move to the frieza saga in the US. The amount of reruns was insane.
    The unedited Japanese version were so much better though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? The conversation devolved into Dragonball Z memery on the very first page?
    I need another break from this hellsite.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

The unedited Japanese version were so much better though.
    As a kid, it was perfect. The theme song sticks with me to this day, and I haven't seen an episode of DBZ in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Really? The conversation devolved into Dragonball Z memery on the very first page?
    I need another break from this hellsite.
    It's how we cope with grief. No need to be a dick.

Well there are like 127 million people in Japan so there are going to be a few psychos among them. It might not be a good thing that this gets so much publicity though. Copycats and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...