Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    I just expect Blizzard to nerf things to make the casuals happy. The only people who know how the game is suppose to play are those who have played on private servers, so I imagine Blizzard can get away with some things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Did you not look at the video in the OP? Why are you even commenting?

That's ONE mob, and Blizzard's word. How is "elites do less damage than they should" debunked from just that? Why are you so blindly trusting of Blizzard?
    Some random dude claims that blizzard have damage numbers off, blizzard replicates his test, confirms that their numbers are right. This whole situation is at best idiocy at worst conspiracy theory.

The same way you blindly trust that your local vendors ice cream is not poisonous.

And you do realize that "blizzards word" is literally where everything ends, because it's their game and only they have access to information how it really worked before?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Bob View Post
    I just expect Blizzard to nerf things to make the casuals happy. The only people who know how the game is suppose to play are those who have played on private servers, so I imagine Blizzard can get away with some things.
    Nope since they did not have any of the actual server scripts and were best estimates. Also most private servers were tuned poorly and more difficult.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Some random dude claims that blizzard have damage numbers off, blizzard replicates his test, confirms that their numbers are right. This whole situation is at best idiocy at worst conspiracy theory.

The same way you blindly trust that your local vendors ice cream is not poisonous.
    A company claims their data isn't off despite the fact that many players (most of the players on these forums even, which is a minority with much more time ingame than average) would get very frustrated if they died a lot in Classic. Blizzard has a very obvious reason to decrease difficulty in Classic, especially when it's hard to prove they're wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    A company claims their data isn't off despite the fact that many players (most of the players on these forums even, which is a minority with much more time ingame than average) would get very frustrated if they died a lot in Classic. Blizzard has a very obvious reason to decrease difficulty in Classic, especially when it's hard to prove they're wrong.
    Conspiracy theory it is then, glad we settled here
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

And you do realize that "blizzards word" is literally where everything ends, because it's their game and only they have access to information how it really worked before?
    Their game being launched in a faulty manner is entirely dependent on the playerbase's acceptance of said fault. If people aren't aware the numbers are off, why would they care? If people are aware they're off, Blizzard will change it or motivate why they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Karasike View Post
    It's not even from Private servers... This is not how Classic WoW operated. How can you idiots not realize this?
    Show us the actual numbers then. I mean, you must clearly have them somewhere or you would not be that sure of yourself.
    Or... Maybe you just got it wrong.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Maybe the issues is that we were all wearing garbo gear back then cause we were garbo players.
    You're not wrong in remembering the game being "harder", but that had more to do with your skill and understanding of itemization then, and less to do with mobs having lower damage numbers.

And before someone says "I wasn't garbo", are you 100% sure your healer wasn't staking spirit? Or that the warrior in your party wasn't rocking leather?
    Maybe you were truly a god amongst men, but the vast majority of your companions were clueless. Myself included.
    Exactly, way back then we had no idea about how to play the game properly since it was so new to a lot of people.. Hell I remember when I started playing in 2006 I had no idea what I was doing.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Bob View Post
    Ehm, no. Blizzard knows. Private servers could edit the numbers as they wanted and they actually had to in most cases as they simply did not have the data from actual Blizzard servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their game being launched in a faulty manner is entirely dependent on the playerbase's acceptance of said fault. If people aren't aware the numbers are off, why would they care? If people are aware they're off, Blizzard will change it or motivate why they won't.
    Basically you are saying "i don't like these numbers and i'm not willing to accept that i am wrong". Those people behind the server have access to data and means to run and replicate tests, all you have access to is faulty memory, guesswork and wishes.

Conspiracy theory it is then, glad we settled here
    Since this apparently isn't your strong suite, just follow along for a second - not every point of discussion is solved by asking someone with authority, because people with authority almost always have an agenda that doesn't coincide with those not in power. If the people with authority could have an agenda that doesn't coincide with regular people, their actions should be examined by a third party. Since Vanilla data isn't abundant enough to make it obviously clear that this is one way or the other, discussion needs to be had.

You'd think that you, being Russian, should have some semblance of an idea of this.

I tried to post this on official Battle.net forums just now, and received a temporary silence. Nice one Blizzard.
    You probably got silenced because they replied to you and now you're just spamming the forums after they told you that you were wrong. https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...ible-evidence/
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Btw, regarding private server difficulty. If you open a database you can get from open sources you'll find out most mobs have attack speeds in range of 0.5 to 1.5 while their damage is some triple compared to sources that could be considered official (such as the ancient Brady's book on mobs made with Blizzard licensing).

Most private servers, especially those of Nost derivates get almoust everything wrong. Alas it became the dominant branch with all it's incredible faults.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

It's not even from Private servers... This is not how Classic WoW operated. How can you idiots not realize this?
    So, you make a dumb thread in which you link your shitty videos, get called out on your bullshit, and insult people, and all of that within 4 posts. Impressive.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Well, with flowering language like this, I'm surprised you don't have more people agreeing with you.

I'm not surprised you got silenced in the official forums, though.
    Yeah after seeing how quickly the OP devolved into insulting people in this thread, not surprised that they got silenced on the official forums..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UbRMmDgG_0

This instance is 10 levels higher than the ones the OP posted. The average damage on the bear tank was in the 50s from the trash packs. OP is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Basically you are saying "i don't like these numbers and i'm not willing to accept that i am wrong". Those people behind the server have access to data and means to run and replicate tests, all you have access to is faulty memory, guesswork and wishes.
    Oof, I didn't know this was the level we were at. Ok: unlike you, I had actually read the OP before posting - the only thing Blizzard has proved is that one mob is doing the correct damage. I don't know if you played in Vanilla, but there were more than one elite mob. The OP presents other elite mobs that do far less (higher level elites, doing 1/4th of the damage of the mob Blizzard proved does appropriate damage) in order to start a discussion and question Blizzard.

Keep in mind (if you can) - I haven't claimed damage numbers are definitely off, but you've claimed they definitely aren't. Neither of us have any proof.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    So, you make a dumb thread in which you link your shitty videos, get called out on your bullshit, and insult people, and all of that within 4 posts. Impressive.
    And seeing that, not surprised the OP got silenced on the official forums..

Oof, I didn't know this was the level we were at. Ok: unlike you, I had actually read the OP before posting - the only thing Blizzard has proved is that one mob is doing the correct damage. I don't know if you played in Vanilla, but there were more than one elite mob. The OP presents other elite mobs that do far less (higher level elites, doing 1/4th of the damage of the mob Blizzard proved does appropriate damage) in order to start a discussion and question Blizzard.

Keep in mind (if you can) - I haven't claimed damage numbers are definitely off, but you've claimed they definitely aren't. Neither of us have any proof.
    Do you really think all mobs should hit for the exact same amount of damage? That'd make for a shitty game, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

A Mage was FAR more squishy in PvE than a Rogue because of Rogues' ~30% avoidance (increased due to difference in level) and higher armor, plus he's clearly being careful with the mobs despite being 30 levels above it. Graveyard is also a LOT easier than the other SM dungeons entirely because a lot of GY mobs are nonelites.

Those mobs hit a 60 Rogue for ~60 per hit, and you think 20 per hit vs a similar level with less armor than the Rogue is appropriate?
    The question here is not what is appropriate. People are whining about numbers being off compared to vanilla, they are not.
    Plus I linked the video because you were claiming elites did at least double the damage compared to normal mobs. It's just an exemple but they clearly didn't here.

Yes a mage will take more damage but look : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTYvq1dPUjk
    He is taking several rooms at once. Can't really see the damage because of shit quality but looks like it's only hitting in the 2-digits range. He is only in a bit of danger because he was taking like 20+ mobs and a boss at the same time.