Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

I decided to buy land in Papua New Guinea

Thailand is too expensive, California is too expensive, etc, so I figured, a country with so much unrest where no one ever dares to visit, the property can't be that expensive. I could buy a nice place somewhere and slowly during the 30 years I have left before retirement (35 probably), I could build a nice place to retire.
    Then the shock, a tiny amount of land that looks like Sahara desert - $90.000. A normal house for $500.000. Five hundred thousand US dollars! What the hell?!
    For that amount of money, I could change the weather here in Sweden and build my own harem. I don't need to move to New Guinea where there's a good chance I'll get beheaded and/or eaten.

The search continues...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I could change the weather here in Sweden and build my own harem.
    Why move then?

Puerto Nuevo, Mexico.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations, do you plan to build anything?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Thailand is too expensive, California is too expensive, etc, so I figured, a country with so much unrest where no one ever dares to visit, the property can't be that expensive. I could buy a nice place somewhere and slowly during the 30 years I have left before retirement (35 probably), I could build a nice place to retire.
    Then the shock, a tiny amount of land that looks like Sahara desert - $90.000. A normal house for $500.000. Five hundred thousand US dollars! What the hell?!
    For that amount of money, I could change the weather here in Sweden and build my own harem. I don't need to move to New Guinea where there's a good chance I'll get beheaded and/or eaten.

The search continues...
    You can't even buy a normal house for $500k where I live, more like a 800 sq.ft. townhome. A small two-bedroom single family house is more like $700k.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    You can't even buy a normal house for $500k where I live, more like a 800 sq.ft. townhome. A small two-bedroom single family house is more like $700k.
    Thank the Chinese!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where I live, $500k would provide 100 square meters apartment and expenses of the rest of my living

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.

The search continues...
    Weirdest Rant in a while. Anyway I don't know what you are looking at. Prices in Papua (The Indonesian side of the same island), are pretty reasonable, with a 3,100 sq. ft. house for about 100k USD. And Indonesia is slightly more stable then Papua New Guinea.

If you want better options, there is a lovely house in Madagascar for $47k USD, and it comes with about 7 sq km of land too. I am not sure why you would complain about a place you don't want to move though.

Gross, my house is 2 story with furnished basement around 1200 sqft and was new 148k Canadian.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Ah, sweet summer children. A 420 sq ft studio in hells kitchen in a shitty old house is approx $600k to buy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Gross, my house is 2 story with furnished basement around 1200 sqft and was new 148k Canadian.
    Do you live in like the north end of Winnipeg or something?

Do you live in like the north end of Winnipeg or something?
    Nope, Moncton NB. Cost of living here is cheap and it is great. Sales tax is 15% though which is the main shitty part.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, Moncton NB. Cost of living here is cheap and it is great. Sales tax is 15% though which is the main shitty part.
    I've always wanted to do an extended visit to the Maritimes, rent a car and visit as many little places as I can while listening to Stan Rogers for a couple months.

It's a beautiful place and seems very romantic (in the classical sense) to me.

I've always wanted to do an extended visit to the Maritimes, rent a car and visit as many little places as I can while listening to Stan Rogers for a couple months.

It's a beautiful place.
    It definitely is, I do not plan on moving ever because the cost of living is one of the big draws outside of how nice it is, and mostly everyone is friendly.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

I dont’ think I’ll ever be able to afford a house in Ontario, atleast around Guelph where I live.
    illuminati all over my body

Quote Originally Posted by eoyeffteedubz View Post
    In Ontario?? I dont’ think I’ll ever be able to afford a house in Ontario, atleast around Guelph where I live.
    New Brunswick, the bigger provinces suck unless you live in a small city.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    He didn't buy the land. So, probably not.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

New Guinea has a pacu problem, biting the nuts off fishermen and such, so don't go in the water if you move there.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    reading the thread is hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    He didn't buy the land. So, probably not.
    Yeah, I mean what are the plans, and what not, not for now but for whenever.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis