Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'd like to see them continue going rogue from the Alliance. Not "leave", but continue to operate outside and in defiance of SW with their best interest placed first.

• Have some vocal Alliance skeptics - Maiev would be great to lead this, and hopefully Tyrande might be moving in that direction as well
    • Have them take back Darkshore, western Ashenvale, and Winterspring
    • Become isolationist again with very hard borders that even their "allies" have to request formal entry into
    • Weaponize the Wild Gods and the forest like they used to

When you look at their history, it seems to me like the Alliance hasn't exactly been great for their well-being. Lets reflect that in their attitudes moving forward.
    When the Alliance has future offensives, I'd like to see the Night Elves weigh their options regarding committing their resources and lives to help the faction that didn't lift a finger to help reclaim their ancestral lands.

I would like to see Night Elves become their own army again. Make Tyrande and Malfurion leave the Alliance. Those loyal to Anduin can be led by Shandris.

Sentinels would be a new (non-player) faction focused on rebuilding their empire. Different branching arcs might led them in opposition of the Horde or Alliance while doing so and you can choose to side with the Sentinels or your own faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I would like to see Night Elves become their own army again. Make Tyrande and Malfurion leave the Alliance. Those loyal to Anduin can be led by Shandris.

Sentinels would be a new (non-player) faction focused on rebuilding their empire. Different branching arcs might led them in opposition of the Horde or Alliance while doing so and you can choose to side with the Sentinels or your own faction.
    Why would the Night Elves even consider working with the Horde??? They burned down their home for god's sake, what makes you think they're gonna be friendly to any Horde race??

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to have the NE blame the Alliance a little bit for their lack of action on their attack on Teldrassil, that would only push the NE relationship with all the races of the Alliance to be a little more "questionable" but also pushing together the Worgen and NE society, with this, the NE will embark on making a new home, hopefully in the Broken Isles (a couple of good places there for them), and even bring the Gilneas town that is in the broken isles back into the fold of Genn Greymane

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Why would the Night Elves even consider working with the Horde??? They burned down their home for god's sake, what makes you think they're gonna be friendly to any Horde race??
    Not directly but through mediums like the Blood Elves or Nightborne. Or maybe even the Tauren.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I would like to have the NE blame the Alliance a little bit for their lack of action on their attack on Teldrassil, that would only push the NE relationship with all the races of the Alliance to be a little more "questionable" but also pushing together the Worgen and NE society, with this, the NE will embark on making a new home, hopefully in the Broken Isles (a couple of good places there for them), and even bring the Gilneas town that is in the broken isles back into the fold of Genn Greymane
    So you propse them to leave their lands to live on the islands where two Horde races have their power bases and capitals? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I wonder, I know a lot have been thoroughly disappointed with the night elves in wow, so I wonder how you would like them to progress?

For me, I want the original vision in it's wonder, savagery, serenity and excellence restored. - that's in a nutshell for me.

1. Core territories: The Night Elves need to refortify Ashenvale, Darkshore, and parts of Stonetalon imo. Perhaps cleanse more of Felwood and hang out with the Worgen there. Fill Winterspring with more shrines and temples to Elune. They've been invaded enough that fortifications make sense, and the Horde's done enough damage to have the demigods from Hyjal and ancients in other areas on their side long term. Chimera, Mountain Giants, etc...

2. Diaspora: Have the nelfs in other areas buoyed by new arrivals. Nelf refugees in Broken Isles moving into Aszuna after Farondis and the others finally pass on. New warden trainees there while Val'sharah sees more traditional nelfs and bring the Gilnean town more fully into the Alliance, and refit Black Rook Hold for operations.

Nelfs in the Wetlands build up their town to bolster the EK alliance, maybe also have it be where alliance Jinyu / Ankoan and Tushui meet up due to Menethil harbor being nearby.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    1. Core territories: The Night Elves need to refortify Ashenvale, Darkshore, and parts of Stonetalon imo. Perhaps cleanse more of Felwood and hang out with the Worgen there. Fill Winterspring with more shrines and temples to Elune. They've been invaded enough that fortifications make sense, and the Horde's done enough damage to have the demigods from Hyjal and ancients in other areas on their side long term. Chimera, Mountain Giants, etc...

2. Diaspora: Have the nelfs in other areas buoyed by new arrivals. Nelf refugees in Broken Isles moving into Aszuna after Farondis and the others finally pass on. New warden trainees there while Val'sharah sees more traditional nelfs and bring the Gilnean town more fully into the Alliance, and refit Black Rook Hold for operations.

Nelfs in the Wetlands build up their town to bolster the EK alliance, maybe also have it be where alliance Jinyu / Ankoan and Tushui meet up due to Menethil harbor being nearby.
    I would like that too. I wish blizzard would write a grand nightelf campaign that shows them slowly gaining power, uniting with the various night elf groups not officially part of them, with some new ones and eventually claiming back their lost territories as a force to be reckoned with.

Just a slight note, broken isle zones are ancestral land night elves including nightborne have been living for 15,000 years, they arent diaspora night elves. However Wetlands/Duskwood druid based ones are diaspora, as only the druids ventured out into the world after wc3, even though the race came out of isolation, most, incl the shen'dralar stayed with themselves.

I would really like a faction of void elves to also be really into the night elves even Elune, and a form of friendship with high elves exist, and I think this should happen when the night elves start unifying again. I really hope the Farondis highborne dont pass on, but get revived, they would defintiely help immensely with the numbers and are the only group I feel ALL night elven groups as well as high elves and void elves would respect. This includes Illidari who they helped in Legion, druids and priests who are part of their numbers and are a highbonpfne group the Darnassians will respect cos they remained noble and were the first to fully oppose Azshara, as well as responsibly use the arcane in the excellent way night elves did before hubris came to dominate Azshara's court..when night elves wielded the arcane with great skill and responsibility even dragons joined them pondering and exploring the mysteries of the arcane . Shen'dralar Moonguard and nightborne would respect them greatly too including Prince Farondis. And we know high elves/void elves would have no issues with them, the Moonguard or the others.

I would get them using the well of eternity again, shaldrassil connecting the to the Emerald drem and the font of elu e in CoEN/ToS as empowerments that also restore immortality.

I would also introduce two new groups, naga who become knight elves with minor sea features, AZ'dorei, and emerald dream worgen night elves - also groups that join their federation. I would boost Illidari nypumbers by turning a lot of satyr who wa t to return to night elves like the first 2 elune converted back, however they get them to Illidari half demon night elves boosting Illidari numbers.

I would also have some nightborne firmly supporting the night elves and answer the call to reunification, regardless if some are still loyal to the horde...I think one of the price the horde pays for BFA is that some nightborne dont care about faction loyalties and are up for helping their kin right injustices...

Ultimately, night elves and nightborne largely but not totally leave the factions, with only some loyal friends in each faction, including the player. They dont become enemies, the player still, worksmfor their race, but is also loyal to the horde or alliance..so for exsmolemwhen the night elves forcibly take horde controlled territory back, the nightborne player doesnt join them, but instead tries to achieve the same result via diplomacy, for example, trying to get the night elves to accept horde race settlements that just wanna live in peace, respect the land and even get on with the nelves, spin some cases this works, in other cases some try to fight the night elves off, defying g warchief orders to stand down. Conversely, when it is the alliance they clash with or in some disagreement, the night elf player tries to de escalate the conflict and fine alternate solutions.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2019-05-29 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Not directly but through mediums like the Blood Elves or Nightborne. Or maybe even the Tauren.
    They don't want anything to do with the Blood Elves or Nightborne anymore. Remember that the Blood Elves were heavily involved in the War of Thorns and are very much pro Horde now (Liadrin screeching 'For the Horde' everytime she has the chance. And the Nightborne betrayed them when they joined the Horde, proving Tyrande's point. Just because they're Elves doesn't mean that they get along well with other Elves.

Its really a disgrace how the Blizzard writers have handled the Night Elves in WoW. I would really like to see their WC 3 incarnation return properly. I'd also like some reworks of some regions like Felwood, Moonglade, Hyjal and such, which could be regions firmly controlled by the Night Elves and their nature allies. If Blizzard would enlarge the world in general and thus the different regions, there should easily be enough room to put new content and settlements in it. Hell, in the Classic Alpha, Goldshire had 20 buildings, enlarge the world and towns and cities could be their own quest hub where a lot of story unfolds in these towns and cities as well, on top of having more story in the open world. Hell, Nordrassil should be way bigger compared to its ingame depiction. The Night Elves should be easily able to build a new capital city there. Hyjal is their most important region in my opinion, far beyond even regions like Ashenvale or Darnassus. I especially dislike the kind of ideas, that Night Elves will resettle to Gilneas or Quel'Thalas. They have no roots in these lands.

But i fear, if they don't have a good writer who likes them in their WC 3 incarnation, they don't have any proper, positive support among the writers and could become the next big punching bagg. The militaristic, toxic faction which needs to be slapped into the dirt, like the Orcs were in MoP. I fear that the writers will bring conflict into the Alliance, but not in an interesting, good way, but in a forced, retarded way and the Night Elves will be the center piece of the so called "bad guys".

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    Its really a disgrace how the Blizzard writers have handled the Night Elves in WoW. I would really like to see their WC 3 incarnation return properly. I'd also like some reworks of some regions like Felwood, Moonglade, Hyjal and such, which could be regions firmly controlled by the Night Elves and their nature allies. If Blizzard would enlarge the world in general and thus the different regions, there should easily be enough room to put new content and settlements in it. Hell, in the Classic Alpha, Goldshire had 20 buildings, enlarge the world and towns and cities could be their own quest hub where a lot of story unfolds in these towns and cities as well, on top of having more story in the open world. Hell, Nordrassil should be way bigger compared to its ingame depiction. The Night Elves should be easily able to build a new capital city there. Hyjal is their most important region in my opinion, far beyond even regions like Ashenvale or Darnassus. I especially dislike the kind of ideas, that Night Elves will resettle to Gilneas or Quel'Thalas. They have no roots in these lands.

Indeed, all but 2 zones of the Broken isles are Night elven based lands. 10 zones in Kalimdor are night elven, then there is Naz'jatar and Crystalsong Forest- that is a 16 zones, to send them over to share with humans or worgen seems a kick in the teeth, I'd rather they take over the broken isles that at least is an isolated landmass fitting their theme, and close both to Kul'tiras and the Eastern kingdom, but more importantly, it along with Naz'jatar are their most ancestral lands. I mean Suramar is where most of the Darnassian kaldorei core all come from, it was the capital of the Priesthood, the most esteemed arcane institution for their entire race was in Nar'thalas (and this was when they were at a height of arcane knowledge and power the non-night elven Azeroth races and groups haven't come close too), Val'sharah was the birth place of Druidsm.. Hyjal is the sacred place of the wild gods, and hosts the Well of Eternity too and nordrassil world tree. .. but it is funny that the broken isles already has the built capital we know the night elves come from so have every right to call it home as much as the nightborne, we know Val'sharah has a world tree there, and Azsuna the centre of arcane knowledge and study has the perfect spot for an arcane well - if blizzard decided the night elves would have a Star Well instead of the Well of Eternity which is now Cenarion Circle /wild gods controlled, not night elven specific.

I would move the night elves into the broken isles, beat the 2 horde allied races or reach an arrangement with them (even if they boot them out, there is space for highmountain in kalimdor, and nightborne can have some side with the night elves as they should have done, and some remain with the blood elves moving in with them or reaching some sort of arrangement where the race decides not to let faction squabbles of young races mean more to them than their own ideals and pursuits.

In securing the broken isles we would see the unifying of the various night elven groups (like Illidari, Moonguard, defected nightborne, Valewalkers etc with Sentinels, druids, priestesses, wardens) , and with some new additions (Farondis revived, emerald dream worgen, large naz'dorei naga restored night elven faction)), this is when shaladrassil, font of elune, new starwell would be harnessed. This would be their permanent current base, closer to the alliance, and then Kalimdor would be the place they launch strikes on to reclaim. And this time they would do it without an alliance army, maybe a faction of void elves drawn to the Black moon and void side of Elune throw in their lot with the night elves, as well as some of the draenei (if they were ever going to do high elves playable, I would make all the void elves get tight with the night elves, and leave the high elves to be the main elven group that interacts with humans)

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    But i fear, if they don't have a good writer who likes them in their WC 3 incarnation, they don't have any proper, positive support among the writers and could become the next big punching bagg. The militaristic, toxic faction which needs to be slapped into the dirt, like the Orcs were in MoP. I fear that the writers will bring conflict into the Alliance, but not in an interesting, good way, but in a forced, retarded way and the Night Elves will be the center piece of the so called "bad guys".
    It's not their writers I fear, it is their desire. If they don't really have a desire to see races like the night elves prosper, all the stuff I wrote above, that could be interesting and glorious, making the night elves just as significant as they felt in WC3, with a level of focus and import that rivalled humans and orcs wouldn't happen if they don't desire it

Face it, what we want most from WC3 portrayal of night elves, is the level of importance, focus, and effectiveness they had. We liked them being dangerous - (it's got nothing to do strictly speaking with them being savage (they never were), but they were dangerous and relevant. The horrible state of the night elves currently we have in wow got nothing to do with the arcane returning or moving out of isolation etc, those things are things we should have been expecting for a night elf rebuilding if you followed their story, it wasn't even the befriending of humans or joining the alliance (because that didn't have still happened with a much better story for them) the problem with Wow was the night elves became irrelevant, neglected, and a sideshow compared to when they were a major player and had focus.

I would argue that night elves are more played and loved, than humans, and human player numbers are inflated because of the Racial and being the most popular race for first comers as it is the most familiar - take that out, and night elves would easily be the highest played alliance race, currently they are a close second to humans (see realm pop, that has humans much higher below max level ..i.e. newer players, but at max levels, Blood elves have a higher population, and night elves are a tiny bit behind humans - and the only reason that is their racial, take that away and offer a free alliance race change to human characters and you'd see night elves win).. point is they are the most loved alliance playable race. Neither they, nor blood elves should be so insignificant to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Indeed, all but 2 zones of the Broken isles are Night elven based lands. 10 zones in Kalimdor are night elven, then there is Naz'jatar and Crystalsong Forest- that is a 16 zones, to send them over to share with humans or worgen seems a kick in the teeth, I'd rather they take over the broken isles that at least is an isolated landmass fitting their theme, and close both to Kul'tiras and the Eastern kingdom, but more importantly, it along with Naz'jatar are their most ancestral lands. I mean Suramar is where most of the Darnassian kaldorei core all come from, it was the capital of the Priesthood, the most esteemed arcane institution for their entire race was in Nar'thalas (and this was when they were at a height of arcane knowledge and power the non-night elven Azeroth races and groups haven't come close too), Val'sharah was the birth place of Druidsm.. Hyjal is the sacred place of the wild gods, and hosts the Well of Eternity too and nordrassil world tree. .. but it is funny that the broken isles already has the built capital we know the night elves come from so have every right to call it home as much as the nightborne, we know Val'sharah has a world tree there, and Azsuna the centre of arcane knowledge and study has the perfect spot for an arcane well - if blizzard decided the night elves would have a Star Well instead of the Well of Eternity which is now Cenarion Circle /wild gods controlled, not night elven specific.

I would move the night elves into the broken isles, beat the 2 horde allied races or reach an arrangement with them (even if they boot them out, there is space for highmountain in kalimdor, and nightborne can have some side with the night elves as they should have done, and some remain with the blood elves moving in with them or reaching some sort of arrangement where the race decides not to let faction squabbles of young races mean more to them than their own ideals and pursuits.

In securing the broken isles we would see the unifying of the various night elven groups (like Illidari, Moonguard, defected nightborne, Valewalkers etc with Sentinels, druids, priestesses, wardens) , and with some new additions (Farondis revived, emerald dream worgen, large naz'dorei naga restored night elven faction)), this is when shaladrassil, font of elune, new starwell would be harnessed. This would be their permanent current base, closer to the alliance, and then Kalimdor would be the place they launch strikes on to reclaim. And this time they would do it without an alliance army, maybe a faction of void elves drawn to the Black moon and void side of Elune throw in their lot with the night elves, as well as some of the draenei (if they were ever going to do high elves playable, I would make all the void elves get tight with the night elves, and leave the high elves to be the main elven group that interacts with humans)

It's not their writers I fear, it is their desire. If they don't really have a desire to see races like the night elves prosper, all the stuff I wrote above, that could be interesting and glorious, making the night elves just as significant as they felt in WC3, with a level of focus and import that rivalled humans and orcs wouldn't happen if they don't desire it

Face it, what we want most from WC3 portrayal of night elves, is the level of importance, focus, and effectiveness they had. We liked them being dangerous - (it's got nothing to do strictly speaking with them being savage (they never were), but they were dangerous and relevant. The horrible state of the night elves currently we have in wow got nothing to do with the arcane returning or moving out of isolation etc, those things are things we should have been expecting for a night elf rebuilding if you followed their story, it wasn't even the befriending of humans or joining the alliance (because that didn't have still happened with a much better story for them) the problem with Wow was the night elves became irrelevant, neglected, and a sideshow compared to when they were a major player and had focus.

I would argue that night elves are more played and loved, than humans, and human player numbers are inflated because of the Racial and being the most popular race for first comers as it is the most familiar - take that out, and night elves would easily be the highest played alliance race, currently they are a close second to humans (see realm pop, that has humans much higher below max level ..i.e. newer players, but at max levels, Blood elves have a higher population, and night elves are a tiny bit behind humans - and the only reason that is their racial, take that away and offer a free alliance race change to human characters and you'd see night elves win).. point is they are the most loved alliance playable race. Neither they, nor blood elves should be so insignificant to the story.
    I like warcraft races, because they are diverse, I remember this from a point you or your partner made at the time that was spot on. Warcraft elves are not 1-trick ponies. The Thalassians and the night elves feel like independent races with as much diversity as humanity has, without losing what makes them elven that they share.
    Magic, beauty and perfection - they both share that in diverse ways. They didn't even set up night elves to be an opposite to blood elves or thalassians, - sure they have contrasting qualities, but they are both elves, they have their own path.

Thalassian elves are largely about the arcane (magisters), the forest (farstriders) and the light (priests in high elves, palas in blood elves)
    Night elves are largely about the arcane too (highborne/nightborne), the forest (druids/hunters) and faith (the priests), the fel with Illidari

Night elves contrast by being the night version to the thalassians day, but being the original elves they have a higher degree of intensity in the areas they operate in.

You can see each one has it's own lore arc, that is related yet separate, night elves now woudl be on a journey of re-discovering their original identity and destiny - (or should be after the Legion's end, addiction's end and the War of thorns)... Blood elves have already rediscovered their destiiny and have an identity, which while not identical to the high elf's is close to it. An acceptable variation.

This is fascinating, than other genres that have dark elves just about arcane, or forest elves just about the woods and nature, and high elves just about being tolkein copies with no depth or individual flair.

Look i don't mind being a tolkein copy, warcraft copies everythign it has from somewhere, it's how they spice em up, and in the Thalassians, i have not been disappointed, they have given us High elves, angry high elves, blood elves, void elves, San'layn, Wretched - institutions like the Farstriders, Magisters and Blood knights, and historical connections to night elves via their highborne ancestory. It's bloody interesting.

Night elves have just as deep if not an even deeper span - necessary to build a more unique frame and understanding of the elf as a distinct race to humans - so you have to give it more. The night elf they created was unique, it's neither a dark elf, nor a forest elf, but has the best elements of both - both the high flying arcane magic, and the forest wielding magic. It was a good template to have and it qualifies the Thalassian elves too who are a more humanised version of the night elves which makes them perfect for the "humans" of the horde.. as we see their light and arcane magic is quite close to humans, whereas the night elves is rather different - having the interesting star and moon arcane magic side along with the deeper forest magic side. This is good.

They should be making you more interesting not ditching yo u.. and they alreayd have enough material in the lore they released on night elves 14 years ago to use and develop. Which is why you enjoyed Legion so much, and were so disappointed with the nightborne going horde (which could help the night elf cause if they are developed as night elves on the horde and not just purple blood elves)

What do you think about Jarod Shadowsong. He could be a good leader right?

looking on the horde side tho the belfs got shit story too over the years. blizzard pissed on pretty much every elf faction tbh
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

5+ Year Old Account
    Honestly this might be controversial but I want them, or at least a huge faction of them to become the villains. Imagine if Sylvanas is not put on trial after the war is done. Tyrande would go positively apeshit. Probably Genn as well. They could create a new militant version of the Alliance that hunts the Horde. And also the Alliance for being weak and too human potential centric.

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    looking on the horde side tho the belfs got shit story too over the years. blizzard pissed on pretty much every elf faction tbh
    When Belfs ever got shit story aside from Dalaran that btw did no damage to the faction at large but gave them a “pity me card” that they use to justify anything and everything in the world while simultaneously being portrayed as literally a nation on a rise as Lor’Themar says? Belfs are fine.

Gotta accept that until activision gets rid of Steve Danuser and Alex. There won't be anything good for nightelves. Danuser heald the nightelves back on darkshore, not allowing them to show there true ferocity. Darkshore was a sad joke. Sure players can express for change, but it won't happen until you get rid of the ones responsible for the garbage. Hopefully activision is taking note of this and reaction towards Danusers ideas. A good way to add things up in order to get rid of him from wow story.

5+ Year Old Account
    I've said it before, but I want a new Empire. The NEs are awkwardly split up and their position on magic has become now outdated since Cata/Legion. It'd be nice to see them evolve into something new and great, similar to the orcs and Thrall's Horde.

Tyrande should focus on unifying her people and establishing a proper homeland. Their current divided goals lead to wishy washy positions which cost them a lot, while blind arrogance like Azshara's cost them the most. Something in between that acknowledges the many facets of their society would be wonderful.

Edit: Thinking a bit more on it, frankly speaking Tyrande and Malfurion shouldn't be the racial leaders. Leaders of their orders is fine, but they are not cut out for the job. They are too devoted to Elune/Nature that they're willing to sacrifice their people for the sake of them. Someone with a more level head should be chosen, because Tyrande/Malfurion are better off doing their own thing while trusting someone else to make the political calls.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-05-29 at 07:16 PM.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I've said it before, but I want a new Empire. The NEs are awkwardly split up and their position on magic has become now outdated since Cata/Legion. It'd be nice to see them evolve into something new and great, similar to the orcs and Thrall's Horde.

Tyrande should focus on unifying her people and establishing a proper homeland. Their current divided goals lead to wishy washy positions which cost them a lot, while blind arrogance like Azshara's cost them the most. Something in between that acknowledges the many facets of their society would be wonderful.

Edit: Thinking a bit more on it, frankly speaking Tyrande and Malfurion shouldn't be the racial leaders. Leaders of their orders is fine, but they are not cut out for the job. They are too devoted to Elune/Nature that they're willing to sacrifice their people for the sake of them. Someone with a more level head should be chosen, because Tyrande/Malfurion are better off doing their own thing while trusting someone else to make the political calls.
    Maybe Jarod? Just saying - he is a military leader and rather level headed guy, not a druid and not Elune priest (i know males cant be priests but we have that awkward statue from archaeology so what can you do.) Empire is bit too ambitious but i would love to see kaldorei FINALLY asserting their control over Ashenvale and Darkshore and parts of the Fellwood fully and KEEPING it. No matter how much orcs want that sweet, sweet lumber. Maybe orcs can fucken go and actually ask for lumber from blood elfs or undead. See how they like their forests chopped.

I'd like to see them written by someone who
    a) is competent
    b) isn't an aging metalhead desperate to hold onto youth via orcs

Too much to ask, I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/