Thread: [TV] Batwoman

Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Well what would you define as good? Is it good to be character accrete? If so then it looks good even if it’s a character I don’t like.

Sure they could make a totally new character to make her more appealing but then what would the point of even using batwomen?
    So is it a recent development that Kate Kane complains about men oppressing women non-stop, because it sure as shit wasn't a thing in her run back in 2010. I've got the volumes on my shelf and thumbed through them to refresh my memory and I don't see anything like this garbage.

Also... That wimpy little black man is supposed to be Luke Fox?! MMA fighter, former Marine, TRAINED SPECIFICALLY BY BATMAN Luke Fox? Man, fuck this show.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2019-05-28 at 02:01 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So is it a recent development that Kate Kane complains about men oppressing women non-stop, because it sure as shit wasn't a thing in her run back in 2010. I've got the volumes on my shelf and thumbed through them to refresh my memory and I don't see anything like this garbage.

Also... That wimpy little black man is supposed to be Luke Fox?! MMA fighter, former Marine, TRAINED SPECIFICALLY BY BATMAN Luke Fox? Man, fuck this show.
    The trailer doesn’t actually have her complaing about men other then the one line. What it does show is her being arrogant abrasive and unlikable which all line up with her batwomen knows best comic appearance. It’s possible she’s changed after killing clayface which was the last comic I can remember reading with her but I doubt it.

A lot of the stuff I’ve read with her was awhile ago other then her team stuff with red robin orphan ect so it’s also possible my memory is skewed but with the team stuff I read last she seemed the same.

And if that’s suppose to be batwing then just woooow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Genuine question, as someone who has barely ready any comic book: If we agree that the character is shit, why give it more attention? I don't like 'clean' perfect characters either, but from what I've gathered so far there is no redeemable quality with Kate Kane whatsoever. Why even read or watch it? What is the gain?

Sorry if this sounds as if I'm making it personal, that's not my idea. But if the character is as she is in the comic books... where do the fans come from? It doesn't strike me as engaging or interesting to at best a very small audience, and making a series for them, in todays media landscape, just looks foolish.

I personally read stuff about her around the time she first came out from 2006-2010/2011 as I was reading pretty much every thing dc and marvel at the time. She was one of the characters I really didn’t like so I ignored her until she got put on a team with people I did like mostly being batgirl/orphan which meant I was stuck reading batwomen related stuff as a fair chunk of the story was about her.

She was by far the worse part of the team comics and I hated pretty much every thing she did. Thankfully her being awful got her off of the team so I don’t have to read her stuff any more.

As far as giving it attention on the forums, moving comic threads are hard to find on here...

The trailer doesn’t actually have her complaing about men other then the one line.
    Two lines and some background music shoving it in your face as well as taglines drawing attention to the fact she is a woman.
    What it does show is her being arrogant abrasive and unlikable which all line up with her batwomen knows best comic appearance. It’s possible she’s changed after killing clayface which was the last comic I can remember reading with her but I doubt it.
    Except she has no reason to be that arrogant yet since she just became Batwoman (by stealing all of Batman's shit).
    A lot of the stuff I’ve read with her was awhile ago other then her team stuff with red robin orphan ect so it’s also possible my memory is skewed but with the team stuff I read last she seemed the same.
    All of the team up stuff involving Batwoman involves her having been Batwoman for years, hence why she has the authority to point out how other heroes are being too careless and why Batman puts her within a position of authority within Batman Incorporated.

But this isn't that Batwoman. This is Kate Kane stealing Bruce Wayne's shit and dressing up for the first time ever. She does not have the experience to justify having the same attitude as an experienced Batwoman.
    And if that’s suppose to be batwing then just woooow.
    Yeah. Yikes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Two lines and some background music shoving it in your face as well as taglines drawing attention to the fact she is a woman.

Except she has no reason to be that arrogant yet since she just became Batwoman (by stealing all of Batman's shit).

All of the team up stuff involving Batwoman involves her having been Batwoman for years, hence why she has the authority to point out how other heroes are being too careless and why Batman puts her within a position of authority within Batman Incorporated.

But this isn't that Batwoman. This is Kate Kane stealing Bruce Wayne's shit and dressing up for the first time ever. She does not have the experience to justify having the same attitude as an experienced Batwoman.

Yeah. Yikes.
    That’s actually a good point the trailer seems to reflect her as if she’s been batwomen for awhile and I can’t say I remember if she was as bad when she first came out.

Also what was the second line i only remember the not taking credit one.

That’s actually a good point the trailer seems to reflect her as if she’s been batwomen for awhile and I can’t say I remember if she was as bad when she first came out.

Also what was the second line i only remember the not taking credit one.
    Not-Luke tells her the batsuit is perfect and she tells him it will be when it fits a woman. It would have made more sense if she had said "when it fits me" but no, the show has to make it man vs woman.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not-Luke tells her the batsuit is perfect and she tells him it will be when it fits a woman. It would have made more sense if she had said "when it fits me" but no, the show has to make it man vs woman.
    Ah I had forgot that one, would be funny if she tried it on but it was made for a bigger women because she never said which one.

Oh look, another female superhero thing and all the same complaints as the last several female superhero things. Don't you guys get tired of being perpetually outraged and offended?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Oh look, another female superhero thing and all the same complaints as the last several female superhero things. Don't you guys get tired of being perpetually outraged and offended?
    Pretty sure the complaint isn't about female superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Pretty sure the complaint isn't about female superheroes.
    Sure it's not. The outrage brigade jumps on every female superhero movie or tv show.

Sure it's not. The outrage brigade jumps on every female superhero movie or tv show.
    Well, did you really enjoy what was presented in the trailer?
    Yes, or no.

Citation needed.

Please explain the success of Wonder Woman, the character who is the only good part of the shit stain of a film that is Batman v Superman and her own film is widely regarded as the best of the DCEU (though Shazam is a contender now), while you're at it.

And I think my own behavior in this topic should display that I appreciate the character of Kate Kane (and Luke Fox) but think this adaptation is deliberately missing the mark in order to push a social message.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2019-05-29 at 04:25 AM.

Forced meme bullshit. I mean, are they even fucking trying anymore?

Citation needed.

Please explain the success of Wonder Woman, the character who is the only good part of the shit stain of a film that is Batman v Superman and her own film is widely regarded as the best of the DCEU (though Shazam is a contender now), while you're at it.

And I think my own behavior in this topic should display that I appreciate the character of Kate Kane (and Luke Fox) but think this adaptation is deliberately missing the mark in order to push a social message.
    Do you not remember all the bitching about Wonder Woman before it came out? It's the same shit every time. It's rather tiresome to have to hear the crying every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    The trailer worked! I now hate myself for being a male and won't be able to watch the show because that will be appropriating female entertainment culture!
    I mean, in a way that was the stated goal of the channel, so from that PoV it actually worked.

Do you not remember all the bitching about Wonder Woman before it came out? It's the same shit every time. It's rather tiresome to have to hear the crying every single time.
    You mean all the SJWs crying because she served in the Israeli Defense Force?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    You mean all the SJWs crying because she served in the Israeli Defense Force?
    No most complaints were that she didn't look the part. People said she was too skinny and not muscular enough, and that her boobs were too small.

Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    Apparently no CW show will come to netflix any more

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/16/1...media-att-deal
    Piratebay fixes those kind of issues lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    No most complaints were that she didn't look the part. People said she was too skinny and not muscular enough, and that her boobs were too small.
    Also, that her armor was not murican enough.
    And then we had the pinacle of Alt right and MRA philosoph Stefan Molyneux.... which just got bizarre.

It's never going to stop, man. Being anti-womanSJW gets clicks, views, and $$$$. So they don't care that they've become the same type of perpetually-offended idiots that they initially spoke out against when this whole SJW/anti-SJW thing started a few years ago.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2019-05-29 at 02:55 PM.

I also remember people saying Hugh Jackman was too tall to play Wolverine. It's almost like people question casting choices or something!

Though it is odd that you throw this criticism out when I cannot recall anyone questioning the casting of Ruby Rose as Kate Kane in this topic. We're calling out the actual content of the trailer and people like you keep making very broad criticisms that don't seem to apply.

But, once again, Wonder Woman has gone on to be the high point of the DCEU (both the character and her film).