Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Yeah, New Game+ and the scaling side quests will definitely be a huge boon for leveling alt jobs. I just wonder how many of the side quests there will be and how much xp you'll get from them. Based on my recent play through of Stormblood, the side quests along the way wouldn't even be enough to level a single other job using quests. I understand it would mostly be supplemental to roulettes, but still...leveling alt jobs is extremely tedious right now...especially for DPS who don't have the ability to chain queue dungeons without a 10+ minute delay in between. Dungeon grind groups in duty finder will likely be a thing too, we'll have to see.
    The problem with leveling alt jobs, imo, is that for groups, there is always one "efficient" way of doing it, and everyone flocks to that. It doesn't matter how many options SE provides, only one will be used. Like, I actually like FATEs. I find them relaxing and I like wandering around the open world. But ever since Palace of the Dead came out, no one does FATEs at all. If SE comes out with a new system to level that's more efficient than PotD, then PotD will die.

They can make multiple solo options for leveling. But I don't think they can make more than one (maybe 2 at most) group options.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the Viera look, I'll make a new character as one to see if I dig the animations and "personality" so to speak of the race before Fantasia-ing my main. I love my cat girl, their animations and personality match what I'm looking for quite well, but the tail gets annoying sometimes.

If the animations and personality are on point, I'll be a bunny girl. Otherwise I'll be staying a cat girl.
    After giving it some thought last night, I'm still gonna make a bunny woman since I've waited for them for so long. Besides, my miqo data stays saved it I don't want to stay.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    The problem with leveling alt jobs, imo, is that for groups, there is always one "efficient" way of doing it, and everyone flocks to that. It doesn't matter how many options SE provides, only one will be used. Like, I actually like FATEs. I find them relaxing and I like wandering around the open world. But ever since Palace of the Dead came out, no one does FATEs at all. If SE comes out with a new system to level that's more efficient than PotD, then PotD will die.

They can make multiple solo options for leveling. But I don't think they can make more than one (maybe 2 at most) group options.
    PotD and HoH have their uses, the issue is they're introduced a LONG time after launch. I understand why, but while the content is fresh and new I like getting at least one of every role up to max so I have options.

I really like PotD and HoH for what they can offer for people leveling alt classes, which is a straight forward and predictable way to level up that can be grinded out. Before HoH was released, the only real consistent predictable option for leveling an alt class reliably was roulettes and beast tribe quests which can be exhausted in a couple hours. After you did all those your reliable options were over and you were left with maybe grinding out dungeons, which is fine for tanks and healers, but DPS classes have trouble with that and can't really be relied upon. It's just woefully inefficient to do that as DPS unless you have a dedicated dungeon grinding group, which you can't reliably find...which is the problem.

There's something to be said for simply having a leveling option that can be relied upon and is grindable, allowing for as many hours as you can stomach doing it for if you're really dedicated to leveling up. That's all I really want, a reliable, grindable method for leveling up that I can muscle through on a weekend or day off or whatever when all I really want to do is have that class leveled instead of having it time gated by daily bonuses or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Catgirl View Post
    After giving it some thought last night, I'm still gonna make a bunny woman since I've waited for them for so long. Besides, my miqo data stays saved it I don't want to stay.
    You will have to change your username

5+ Year Old Account
    Well, I bought the new magic carpet mount...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    You will have to change your username
    Then I shall change my name to Bunnie Fister
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Almost got all my gear for my DNC set up, haven't really played BRD or MCH that much this expansion so been getting a set of 390 gear together and all I'll need is a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Almost got all my gear for my DNC set up, haven't really played BRD or MCH that much this expansion so been getting a set of 390 gear together and all I'll need is a weapon.
    Good thing the 390 weapon only takes 4 crystals from Alphascape now :P...or you could find a static and try your hand at a savage weapon.
    FFXIV: Zelliaind Rageborne - "FC Daddy" of Log Horizon <Lv??> on US-Leviathan
    FFXIV: Nihzoh'sae Grimwolfe - Co-Lead of Crimson Lotus Rebirth <_Ryu_> on US-Malboro

what gear did you collect? the aiminig one? i think ill play dancer aswell.

Been playing a good bit lately. Decided to finally unlock Eureka. Everyone mentioned that the Clog is pretty good for catching up, do I just find people around same elvl as me and just grind 30 mobs of each element? I was doing it solo and noped out after killing maybe 15 or so, too dry for me. I didn't know if trains were useful to me since I had always heard you can't get good credit on high level bosses and just die all the time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    One thing I've noticed about the "WoW Refugee" influx in FFXIV is the annoying "GO GO GO" mentality that they've brought with them. It pissed me off in WoW and pisses me off even more in FFXIV because of impatient assholes pulling ahead of me tanking whilst I'm waiting for another player who is in the "Viewing Cutscene" intermissions.
    Are you claiming that every "go go go" player you see is a wow refugee? How do you know that exactly? Even if they're sprouts there's no WoW icon that floats above their head and being a "go go go" DPS doesn't mean you're from WoW. It could just as easily be a DPS who has no clue that he's supposed to wait or an experienced player who simply doesn't care.

I get it, you have an irrational hatred for WoW because it hurt/touched you inappropriately when it added M+.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    This is what you get when you start catering to the impatient by offering story skips and jump potions. In the past, the MSQ would have washed these players out.
    It's also just as possible that story and jump potions have brought good players who are happy and helpful in the community in. So what makes you so sure your assessment is accurate over say mine?

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    And prevent a lot of people from playing with their friends as well. It's a tradeoff.
    Bingo.

Only if they manage to put it in in a way the complete opposite of the way WoW did it, where M+ curbstomps all over raiding.

If they could separate the 2 out unlike WoW I would be all for it.
    Just out of curiosity - how would you handle M+ in WoW? How about in FF14? It's easy to say oh it is bad or good, etc., but qualify it. Explain it and offer examples of what would make it good/better.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    We usually see QoL changes with each new patch/expansion. Honestly, what they've done with the world visit system is impressive. It's very smooth and seamless and gives me hope that the development team will be able to deal with the spaghetti code elsewhere in the game, too. Of course the real test will be the expansion itself but I always account for issues around launch time.
    Honestly, I don't care how good the expansion is.

We FFT now boys!

I get a gap closer, a new AOE weaponskill, another weaponskill finisher, the Holiest of Holies, and Divine Ruination. I'm good. I got everything I wanted. It's almost as if Yoshi called me up and was like Yo Wreck, I felt bad you got perma'd on the forums, I know you live and breath PLD, what do you want for Shadowbringers and I said, ayo hold my beer.

You're welcome PLDs.

Endlessly grindable gear that nullifies need to raid is bad for those of us who enjoy raiding, it lowers the pool of raiders when they can get the same for easier.
    What kinda raiding did you do in WoW? Which tiers (Legion+) and what difficulty?

The reason I ask, is I've found that M+ has actually bolstered the pool of applicants by raising their ilvl, not reduced it. I have seen instances where players who previously raided no longer because they prefer small party content, but I've seen just as many players who geared up through it and can now keep up with raiding because the gear investment is less steep.

What needs to go is fucking server only Mythic. I know server identity blah blah, it's 2019 and no one really cares what server they're on anymore. Open that shit up. Opening up cross realm raiding was one of the healthiest things FF14 ever did for Savage Raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelliaind View Post
    Good thing the 390 weapon only takes 4 crystals from Alphascape now :P...or you could find a static and try your hand at a savage weapon.
    I was so glad when I heard this. Upgrading from my 375 Diamond Sword/Shield to a 400 is a nice bump.
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 2019-05-29 at 01:30 PM.

NDA is over so all the news is breaking. Standouts so far for me include Trust being 5.0 only because the characters have dialogue and story arent just reskinned squadrons, RDM gets Ver Thundara and Ver Aera as some actual goddamn aoe which combined with a silence isn't exactly ground breaking changes but as a RDM main its nice to know i will have options in scenarios where right now i feel like either my dps is a detriment to the party or in the case of no silence i can't do anything at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did I hear right? Are spell interrupts becoming a thing? Is square enix adding more meaningful combat elements? If so, color me impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Just out of curiosity - how would you handle M+ in WoW? How about in FF14? It's easy to say oh it is bad or good, etc., but qualify it. Explain it and offer examples of what would make it good/better.
    I'd separate the gear out, make the it so the best gear for M+ comes from M+, best gear for raiding comes from raiding. I HATE M+ but it's the better way to get gear right now, specially trinkets and BIS azerite.

What kinda raiding did you do in WoW? Which tiers (Legion+) and what difficulty?

The reason I ask, is I've found that M+ has actually bolstered the pool of applicants by raising their ilvl, not reduced it. I have seen instances where players who previously raided no longer because they prefer small party content, but I've seen just as many players who geared up through it and can now keep up with raiding because the gear investment is less steep.

What needs to go is fucking server only Mythic. I know server identity blah blah, it's 2019 and no one really cares what server they're on anymore. Open that shit up. Opening up cross realm raiding was one of the healthiest things FF14 ever did for Savage Raiding.
    I stopped raiding hardcore when mythic came out, I enjoy smaller, more intimate raid sizes and didn't feel like raiding 20. So as heroic only M+ really screws you over, a +10 is easier then heroic but is grindable... and gives you basically mythic level gear. That and the general lack of respect from Blizzard over any raiding below mythic (i have heroic level geared characters that haven't even touched M+...) caused me to quit raiding entirely in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Did I hear right? Are spell interrupts becoming a thing? Is square enix adding more meaningful combat elements? If so, color me impressed.
    They've always been a thing in Savage/Extreme, albeit only rarely in specific encounters. I'm hoping this means they'll be more common although I'm pretty disappointed they're role actions and not job specific, but I am VERY pleased with my new abilities as a PLD.

I'd separate the gear out, make the it so the best gear for M+ comes from M+, best gear for raiding comes from raiding. I HATE M+ but it's the better way to get gear right now, specially trinkets and BIS azerite.

I stopped raiding hardcore when mythic came out, I enjoy smaller, more intimate raid sizes and didn't feel like raiding 20. So as heroic only M+ really screws you over, a +10 is easier then heroic but is grindable... and gives you basically mythic level gear. That and the general lack of respect from Blizzard over any raiding below mythic (i have heroic level geared characters that haven't even touched M+...) caused me to quit raiding entirely in wow.
    What defines good gear for M+ and for raiding though? How would you differentiate them? That's what I am asking. For specifics as to how you would accomplish separating the gear and making each valuable ONLY in its respective content form.

Then once you've done that, detail why you believe your implementation is a better decision than having multiple content forms that lead to the same gearing is a bad thing.

I can't argue with Trinkets, because at least one from almost every spec comes from M+ and before the current raid, it could easily have been two. However, most of my BIS Azerite has come from raids, in fact nearly all of it for me.

I too prefer smaller raid sizes. That's why I think M+ is one of the best systems raiding has seen since flex. I can face genuinely challenging small party content that regularly offers meaningful and valuable rewards? It's literally the best possible solution to the problem I had.

Granted, I still love raiding and enjoy it in a casual 1 day a week heroic guild who will try and beat the first 3-4 mythic bosses for fun on an extra day if people want to. I don't know what you're going on about heroic raiding and respect though.
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 2019-05-29 at 05:36 PM.

What defines good gear for M+ and for raiding though? How would you differentiate them? That's what I am asking. For specifics as to how you would accomplish separating the gear and making each valuable ONLY in its respective content form.

Then once you've done that, detail why you believe your implementation is a better decision than having multiple content forms that lead to the same gearing is a bad thing.

I can't argue with Trinkets, because at least one from almost ever spec comes from M+ and before the current raid, it could easily have been two. However, most of my BIS Azerite has come from raids, in fact nearly all of it for me.

I too prefer smaller raid sizes. That's why I think M+ is one of the best systems raiding has seen since flex. I can face genuinely challenging small party content that regularly offers meaningful and valuable rewards? It's literally the best possible solution to the problem I had.

Granted, I still love raiding and enjoy it in a casual 1 day a week heroic guild who will try and beat the first 3-4 mythic bosses for fun on an extra day if people want to. I don't know what you're going on about heroic raiding and respect.
    For one thing, it wouldn't need to be completely separate, but I'd love something like "dungeon sets" that have specific set bonus's that work better, or only, in dungeons and work with what dungeons are, and similar raid sets that do the same.

Raiding heroic it's like... why am I wasting 6 hrs a week dealing with all these people failing when I can get 4 people and spend 3 hrs doing M+ and get 2-3x the gear? I want to raid, I prefer raiding over M+ (specially in it's current form, it's far too "trash" based) but our guild broke up over the lack of separate reward for raiding over M+.

Azerite may be better now honestly, since they added a specific ring, but I really wish they would have expanded on the specific trait from uldir instead of just ditching the idea, the problem was beyond 1 of them they were kind of crap, if they had been good to have in raid it would kind of fulfill the set thing, and then dungeons specific azerite powers from M+.

This is only a singular problem with gearing in wow honestly though... the entire gearing path for wow is screwy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is quite frustrating, however it's not any different than what's been in game up to that point. Also, high level ilevel gear is relatively cheap on the MB. When I recently leveled an alt through Stromblood, when I hit 70 I immediately bought all ilevel 380 gear in order to avoid that, but a full set isn't necessary. Each piece was ~250k, for a total of ~3 million for a piece in each slot, but you can meet the minimum required with a good mix of dungeon, high level and mid level gear without too much effort.

Obviously not ideal, but options are there.

The only thing I liked about Minfilia was looking at her, otherwise she was pretty useless IMO. My favorite is definitely Y'shtola as she plays a much more active role in the story and I just love her attitude. Her Heavensward gear set also looks amazing.
    yea both of them have good looks.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

When can we claim FEAST Season 13 Collars/Rewards ? Got Gold.

And on a side note; are there any Daggers that look like Kukris ?

Wished there was a WoWHead.com equivalent for FF14... or some website to browse glamours. That https://ffxiv.eorzeacollection.com/glamours site sucks.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2019-05-30 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post

Wished there was a WoWHead.com equivalent for FF14... or some website to browse glamours. That https://ffxiv.eorzeacollection.com/glamours site sucks.
    It's not a full dressing room like wowhead but garlandtools has a 3d model viewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post

I use this site to prototype glamours

It's not a full dressing room like wowhead but garlandtools has a 3d model viewer.
    That site's great!