Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    O. M. G. GUYS!!! A politician has been lampooned.....for the 1 millionth time since forever ago. GTFO of here with this shit. Bush was made fun of, Clinton was made fun of Hillary was made fun of, Obama was made fun of, Chenny was made fun of Quayle was made fun of On and on and on.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

At least they don't have to doctor footage of Trump to make him an embarassment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see a bunch of "both sides" nonsense, but the only doctored stuff I've seen of Trump was to make his hands look less small.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    I dunno, which exact "journalist regulations" are you talking about? I'm absolutely fine with consumer protection. Unsure if consumers should be protected from Fox lying almost 24/7 to push a pro-republican agenda, or Maddow pushing Russia conspiracies, or let's say pseudo race science on IQ, or pseudoscience on climate change and more.

I see these things as personal responsibilities. If uncle joe wants to consume them, so be it. I will definitely consider talking to him and telling him they might be wrong and why. But I'm not gonna forbid that type of content for him.

Hell, if we're supposed to control fake news, we'll have to close down all religious TV stations
    In extreme situations, yes. There's a former Scientologist that is selling books promoting bleach as a miracle cure. This blatant misinformation should be silenced, he shouldn't be allowed to use religion as an excuse for potentially killing his followers. In a lesser issue, Creationists want intelligent design to be taught alongside evolution. While they can make their arguments in debates and at academic intstitutions, their flimsy arguments do not hold enough water to deserve being in public textbooks.

take down the same things of trump then sure take these down

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Ignoring the second part and personal attack in your post, I'm quite fine with her suing for libel. Not FB, but the individual that created the video, though.

Needless to say this will result in people with more money being essentially able to defend themselves against libel, and the poor peasants not having access to lawyers and the courts. But, such is life, I guess.

Edit: actually, on 2nd thought, I'm fine with her suing FB as well. Suing doesn't mean she'll win. Go sue, m'lady NancyP.
    Yes, sue the anonymous creator of a video, one who know one knows who it is. What?

Quote Originally Posted by Cockus Maximus View Post
    Good to see the Trump administration finally starting to fight fake news with fake news. The entertainment value of this presidency is a big part of the reason why I'm happy he won
    No need to fake what Trump does because he only doing grazy s**t

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    No need to fake what Trump does because he only doing grazy s**t
    I was just shaking my head at that post cuz it implies Trump hasn't been using fake news since the day he announced he was running.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I was just shaking my head at that post cuz it implies Trump hasn't been using fake news since the day he announced he was running.
    I'm fully aware of all the fake news being spread about him by the deep state because they see him as a threat.. but could you enlighten me as to what fake news he has spread himself until now?

There are lots of videos on CNN of him contradicting himself (only adding to his entertainment value) but he's not a politician and isn't trained to keep track of everything he says. What legitimate fake news has he spread? If you need an example, collusion with Russia is one that the left has used since his election.

Also, please don't try to mention Hillary's emails. That's an example of REAL news that's been brushed off by the left in an attempt to keep the public from realizing how full of BS our entire political system is- both left and right. Not to mention it was Wikileaks, not the Trump administration, that revealed it to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Yes its true the original has been removed by twitter. It was posted with the literal tag line of pelosi parody, just google a bit and youll find people talking about it. And you mean like they do to conservatives everyday? Just scroll through this thread and youll find your brothers in arms doing the exact same thing I am. They brought it to the mud, but I can easily follow them in.
    It doesn't really matter if the original was posted as satire.

If anyone presents it without it being obviously framed as satire, it can be considered libellous. The origin of the content is completely irrelevant, the only thing that matters is how the one accused of libel was using said content.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-video-on-site

Today in pathetic news.

Basically a bunch of trolls spread a transparently fake video that was slowed down to make Pelosi seem... drunk or something? And for some reason a bunch of gullible idiots bought into it.

It's really pathetic that this is the best propaganda they can come up with.
    Man you really have a hate boner for conservatives, it's pretty sad and pathetic.

Jimmel Kimmel is a late night talk show host.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post

Jimmel Kimmel is a late night talk show host.
    This was fairly entertaining to watch, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Wanna sue, find out, why am I supposed to care? I most definitely don't, I don't give a singular fuck about these politicians and their reputations, almost all are cynical lying PoS. Even if Facebook "takes it down", it's already uploaded in plenty of other places. Like Bitchute for example. Vimeo? Reddit? GAB? The Chinese/Russia VK or whatever they have?

You're fighting a lost war. Which is good, I don't want censorship of political mockery to win.

Also, while we're here, why is this such a big deal again?

Old people are on a lot of medications all the time. Some could be opiates against pain. Let's assume she might have been had a glass or three of champagne before. SO WHAT? Let's assume she had a stroke? SO WHAT? I don't see where's the outrage, I am rather thinking "get the ambulance and take care of her, make sure she's OK".

The fact that she's a politician doesn't make her a robot.

Also, the only people that are 'freaking out' (falsely) about this are partisan republican types that already hate her with a passion. It's not like you'll ever get them to love her.

Such a tempest in a teapot.

Also, apparently there are more videos. Trump shared a different one than the one causing this outrage. Apparently. He shared one from FOX. Who edited with an emphasis on her messing up a gesture or whatever dumb shit.
    I don't know where you got anything here. I was just pointing out it's stupid to say "Sue the creator" when they're some anonymous rando on the internet. Dial back on the hate, a'ight?

I mean, isn't this just another case of "private entity" that we often hear about on these forums?

10+ Year Old Account
    All for that. BTW, Scientology and their E-Meter/auditing have been torn-down online and pretty much debunked. Wonderful use of video against falsity, I love it when it happens. As for ID, Youtube also served a great role in debunking it again, and again, and again. Yet again, good use of technology to expose falsity, love it when it happens. In short, good people have won against those that want to deceive us and profit from it too.
    You and I have watched these videos, and yes they are entertaining. However, the guy selling books about bleach cures is not targeting people who watch debunking videos. He's targeting gullible people who would rather trust a religious authority than verify his claims. And now he's moving his 'ministry' to Uganda, where there is a lot less skepticism towards religion in the general population. Debunking videos sometimes reach the people who need it most, but it's rare. When it comes to selling bleach as a cure, maybe we should prioritize human life over free speech.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    No hate intended, just frustration. My apologies if you felt like there was hate involved.
    Nah, I didn't think it was directed at me or anything. We all get passionate about these things, especially politics. I would agree that it's important to be able to mock and satire politics and things too. People who get upset about such things are a little silly in my mind. The only argument I'd be on the side of is actual news organizations claiming it as being real fact (which is wrong and they should be held accountable), rather than something doctored for laughs.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2019-05-29 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Do they take down altered videos, or out of context videos, of Trump?
    Nope they sure don't, because liberals are hypocrites. I'm not saying it was okay to spread false news about Pelosi in this manner because it's not, but it's hilarious when liberals cry when a conservative finally uses they same tactic against them they've been using for years now.

Dear Diary,

Today Trump was mean and he said a bad word!

He is a mean bad man!

Jokes on him though as I'm going to support an establishment democrat in the next election who takes money from the same corporate interests and who propagates false narratives and endless wars. Also I hate rednecks so I'm going to crash the economy and sky rocket oil so they can't afford to fill up their pickup trucks anymore.
    got 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    To be honest my mom spotted it was a fake and she barely thinks anyone outside of Hollywood can edit videos. If people are dumb enough to believe its real it is because they want it to be which means you wouldn't be telling them anything they will listen to as an opposite.
    You're talking about Trump supporters man. They could be shown a picture of Trump on the moon and they'd think it was real.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I mean, isn't this just another case of "private entity" that we often hear about on these forums?
    Except it doesn't apply when it's fake content of a person that wants it taken down (if she does). Libel and slander being things and all.

Its funny how Americans are no longer proud of not being manipulated by a foreign nation, Now they embrace their propoganda and love it. This is what happens when you demonize being intelligent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Dear Diary,

Today Trump was mean and he said a bad word!

He is a mean bad man!

Jokes on him though as I'm going to support an establishment democrat in the next election who takes money from the same corporate interests and who propagates false narratives and endless wars. Also I hate rednecks so I'm going to crash the economy and sky rocket oil so they can't afford to fill up their pickup trucks anymore.
    got 'em.
    So do you make up for free? I sure hope not. Especially when all the shit you list is what the republicans have been doing since the 80s.