Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Patch 8.2 PTR - New Hunter Boss Tames, Conflict and Strife PvP Talent Changes

Patch 8.2 PTR - Build 30613

Patch 8.2 PTR - Hunters Can Now Tame Oondasta and Horridon
    A new addition to the PTR is the ability for hunters to tame the Pandaria bosses Horridon and Oondasta. These are unique skins for both direhorns and devilsaurs!

Patch 8.2 PTR - Conflict and Strife PvP Talent Changes
    The latest update to the PTR changed some of the more controversial PvP talents for certain specs. Here is a list of the ones that changed. Blizzard previously mentioned that the initial talents were not final and would be changed. To see the talents that haven't changed, check out our initial preview.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    • Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Balance
        • Thorns - Sprout thorns for 12 sec on the friendly target. When victim to melee attacks, thorns deals up to 5% of the attackers total health in Nature damage. Attackers also have their movement speed reduced by 50% for 4 sec.
      • Feral
        • Thorns - Sprout thorns for 12 sec on the friendly target. When victim to melee attacks, thorns deals up to 5% of the attackers total health in Nature damage. Attackers also have their movement speed reduced by 50% for 4 sec.
    • Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Beast Mastery
        • Hi-Explosive Trap - Hurls a fire trap to the target location that explodes when an enemy approaches, causing 60 Fire damage and knocking all enemies away. Trap will exist for 60 sec.
      • Marksmanship
        • Hi-Explosive Trap - Hurls a fire trap to the target location that explodes when an enemy approaches, causing 60 Fire damage and knocking all enemies away. Trap will exist for 60 sec.
      • Survival
    • Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Arcane
        • Temporal Shield - Envelops you in a temporal shield for until cancelled. 100% of all damage taken while shielded will be instantly restored when the shield ends.
      • Fire
        • Temporal Shield - Envelops you in a temporal shield for until cancelled. 100% of all damage taken while shielded will be instantly restored when the shield ends.
      • Frost
    • Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Holy
        • Holy Ward - Wards the friendly target against the next full loss of control effect.
    • Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Assassination
        • Maneuverability - Sprint suppresses all movement-impairing effects for 4 sec when used.
      • Outlaw
        • Maneuverability - Sprint suppresses all movement-impairing effects for 4 sec when used.
      • Subtlety
    • Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Enhancement
        • Thundercharge - You call down bolts of lightning, charging you and your target's weapons. The cooldown recovery rate of all abilities is increased by 30% for 10 sec.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The chosen abilities in PTR data are not final. In particular, the ones that would clearly be overpowered or problematic in PvE (such as Leader of the Pack) are generally cases where the final decision of which PvP Talent to give hasn’t yet been made.

The primary goal of Conflict and Strife is to provide an interesting choice in PvP by allowing access to an extra PvP Talent. It’s not necessarily going to be a strong option for PvE. The acquisition of this Essence is via PvP, and is totally optional for PvE-focused players. While there may be interesting PvE uses for some of the choices, it is not expected to be a strong competitor on usual PvE criteria (like total throughput) on every spec.

Reminder: WoW Classic Stress Test Today
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Just reminding everybody that the next WoW Classic stress test is happening Wednesday at 2:00pm PDT, the full details are in the original thread: WoW Classic Stress Test on May 29

Your characters are looking forward to seeing you again and we thank you for your continued support!

Mike Morhaime to be Honored at Gamelab Barcelona
    The official Gamelab site released a press release today revealing that Blizzard co founder Mike Morhaime will receive the 2019 Honor Award at the Gamelab Barcelona event in Spain. He will get the award for his successful career in gaming and his key role in the creation of some of the most groundbreaking and influential game universes of all-time.

Regardless of how all of us feel about any WoW topic or issue...

i think we can all agree Mike Morhaime deserves to be honored for his work in gaming as much as any man alive (not named Miyamato)

10+ Year Old Account
    You know Mike, you shouldn't accept this award.
    You think you do, but you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good that they changed the dps druid pvp talents, those would been so broken. Thorns is still nice though.

Oondasta!!!!!!

THANK YOU BLIZZ! Can't wait to tame that bad boy

And congrats to Mike Morhaime. Will never forget his quote about seeing the world for what it can be and not for what it is presently. Has been good to apply to both WoW and life

good luck to any hunter that can tame oondasta... he's usually dead in 3 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bois are you ready for hunters ganking Oondasta?

Btw. Mike deserve it more, than anyone atm on Blizzard.

I can't imagine anyone being able to taming Oondasta, frankly. He's heavily camped for the mount, even at 4:AM there was a crowd at him last night...
    They should add his lookalike as a MoP rare spawn (the ones you track).

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I can't imagine anyone being able to taming Oondasta, frankly. He's heavily camped for the mount, even at 4:AM there was a crowd at him last night...
    They should add his lookalike as a MoP rare spawn (the ones you track).
    Sometimes it's OK if things are really hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Sometimes it's OK if things are really hard.
    "Really hard"?
    Ain't nothing "hard" about the fact that Oondasta is always relevant for people to kill, meaning he won't be up long enough/unattacked long enough to even begin a tame. The only way he'll be tameable is if you happen to be there before anyone else. That's not challenging, I hope you understand, that's luck.

Tracking rares is a whole lot more of a challenge and requires patience too, really. Or the literal challenge tames used for the MoP spirit beasts.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-05-29 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    Another feral nerf? Without compensation? The spec is almost dead and they nerf it even further. Blizzard, you can create all the 8.2 content you want, but I won't play it if the spec I like to play is utter dogshit. Feral has been one of the least desired and therefor least represented specs in PvE and PvP for months. Why are you sitting on your hands instead of doing something?
    It's odd that you consider a placeholder trait that never made it live being changed to something else as a nerf.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by getupkid55 View Post
    It's odd that you consider a placeholder trait that never made it live being changed to something else as a nerf.
    Thorns lasts 12sec on live. Try again. (and no, I was not talking about LotP essence)

So Druid still stays pretty decent for PvE/PvP Strife choice and Hunters actually became worse.
    The trap doesn’t always trigger correctly due to terrain or a movement suppression on the enemy (unlike Shamans Thunderbolt, Warriors Barrelthru or whatever it is, or even the Priest knockback).
    Oondasta is going to be terrible to tame, but will be kind of nice seeing any Hunters that get lucky, somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    "Really hard"?
    Ain't nothing "hard" about the fact that Oondasta is always relevant for people to kill, meaning he won't be up long enough/unattacked long enough to even begin a tame. The only way he'll be tameable is if you happen to be there before anyone else. That's not challenging, I hope you understand, that's luck.

Tracking rares is a whole lot more of a challenge and requires patience too, really. Or the literal challenge tames used for the MoP spirit beasts.
    It's really hard to win the lottery. It's really hard to turn up tails 800 times in a row. Luck (or better worded: extremely difficult/bad odds) can still make things hard. You are confused in thinking that "hard" things can only be overcome by skill (or SHOULD only be overcome by skill).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Regardless of how all of us feel about any WoW topic or issue...

i think we can all agree Mike Morhaime deserves to be honored for his work in gaming as much as any man alive (not named Miyamato)
    Yeah ehm no, all the devs who started with vanilla should get this award, not only Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    It's really hard to win the lottery. It's really hard to turn up tails 800 times in a row. Luck (or better worded: extremely difficult/bad odds) can still make things hard. You are confused in thinking that "hard" things can only be overcome by skill (or SHOULD only be overcome by skill).
    I'd call it unlikely, not hard per sé. Maybe it's my first language, but hard to me = something one can overcome by working for it, not having luck.
    And as such I maintain that the current way of Oondasta spawning and the ability to tame him with be a question of luck, not hard earned through effort.

And they should make him or a beast looking like him a challenge tame, as far less imposing, impressive models of beasts were before him.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    Another feral nerf? Without compensation? The spec is almost dead and they nerf it even further. Blizzard, you can create all the 8.2 content you want, but I won't play it if the spec I like to play is utter dogshit. Feral has been one of the least desired and therefor least represented specs in PvE and PvP for months. Why are you sitting on your hands instead of doing something?
    First, it's not a nerf because you never had the talent to begin with. Things change on PTR and anyone who thought Feral would get that broken crit buff was delusional.

Priest now got Fear Ward 2.0. Now every healer needs to pvp *sigh*.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keioshin View Post
    good luck to any hunter that can tame oondasta... he's usually dead in 3 seconds.
    i was thinking the same thing. unless they got insanely lucky in finding him up without anyone there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    You know Mike, you shouldn't accept this award.
    You think you do, but you don't.
    Leave Mike alone. That's J. Allan Brack's stupid quote.