Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    I'd like to see them written by someone who
    a) is competent
    b) isn't an aging metalhead desperate to hold onto youth via orcs

Too much to ask, I know.
    Oh hy Feanor. And yes, aging metalheads who use orcs and undead to fulfill their fantasies at the expense of everything else in the game are the worst. i wonder if Danuser falls into that category or he is just a self inserting weeb.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Maybe Jarod? Just saying - he is a military leader and rather level headed guy, not a druid and not Elune priest (i know males cant be priests but we have that awkward statue from archaeology so what can you do.) Empire is bit too ambitious but i would love to see kaldorei FINALLY asserting their control over Ashenvale and Darkshore and parts of the Fellwood fully and KEEPING it. No matter how much orcs want that sweet, sweet lumber. Maybe orcs can fucken go and actually ask for lumber from blood elfs or undead. See how they like their forests chopped.
    An empire in that they have absolute control over an entire region or sections of several different ones. It could also just be called a kingdom, but a proper nation would be nice.

Jarod is a nice pick and the only decent candidate we really have. I think the inclusion of NEs like him would be a nice way to depict the different aspects of NE society, similar to Lor'Themar/Liadrin and BEs. Sure they have magic/nature, but those extremes aren't all they are.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Oh hy Feanor. And yes, aging metalheads who use orcs and undead to fulfill their fantasies at the expense of everything else in the game are the worst. i wonder if Danuser falls into that category or he is just a self inserting weeb.
    Nice to be back until the next time the Horde echo chamber cries hard enough to get me banned.

It wouldn't surprise me. After the nuclear cringe of Azeroth Choppers, I gave up any hope of Blizz employees acting their age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Nice to be back until the next time the Horde echo chamber cries hard enough to get me banned.

It wouldn't surprise me. After the nuclear cringe of Azeroth Choppers, I gave up any hope of Blizz employees acting their age.
    Ah yes i still remeber that shitshow. Literally. And i also just recently got unbanned. Sometimes it gets hard to even care when they gang up on any post and report you en masee.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    They should do a story where Tyrande and Malfurion are killed and the rest of the Night Elves go into hiding. Have new characters pop up and take charge and really have them earn the leadership role this time. Don't make it a love triangle this time and have their opinions differ. And focus way more on the people's survival, instead of how Tyrande just bailed on them to save Malfurion and then came back and got a power up and got "Revenge" for them, have the new characters fight with their people and survive together.

Imo, 3 groups should pop up. Maybe one is more into working with the Alliance, while one is working more with the Wild Gods and the last one is more focused on fighting the Horde even if the Alliance is at peace with the Horde.
    Yeh lol. Tyrande basically pulled the boss and bubble hearthed leaving the boss to kill the raid while they were AFK.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Yeh lol. Tyrande basically pulled the boss and bubble hearthed leaving the boss to kill the raid while they were AFK.
    What she could do? Go and burn with the rest of them? Battle was lost when she arrived.

Well, he said he liked S8, that automaticaly puts him into the "absolute tosser" territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Well, he said he liked S8, that automaticaly puts him into the "absolute tosser" territory.
    Whats a “tosser”? And wtf is S8?

Whats a “tosser”? And wtf is S8?
    Per urban dictionary

the word tosser describes a person with a tendency to show off or brag in an excessive and embarrassing way.
    S8 refers to the much reviled Game of Thrones, season 8.

Per urban dictionary

S8 refers to the much reviled Game of Thrones, season 8.
    Ah i see. So one shitty asshole writer liked the work of other shitty writers. It all adds up.

n
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Also why isn't the Well of Eternity and Shaladrassil used ? this is both an arcane empowerment and nature one? A 3rd lies n the Font of Elune? This would empower them in the arcane, nature and Elune again especially when the lore now has opened the door to all 3. There is no reason to no longer abstaning from using the Well of Eternity, with the Legion vanquished and discovered to actually have bene after the planet, with the Well only a means of several --furthermore, nothing to fear in addiction having understood its cause, having a cure for it and knowing how to prevent it - furthermore having elves skillfull and knowledgeable enough to use it and needing its power to both rebuild the cities AND cleanse the forest - arcane works with nature in wow, it enhances it, and this si the foundation the night elves are built on, marrying of arcane and nature, dark elf and forest elf. Shaladrassil is cleansed, and healed, surely a connection and link to the Emerald dream for a nature boost can occur boosting the night elves. And finally with the Cathedral of Eternal night cleasned fully of the corrupt taint, the Font of elune can be a source of purity and empowerment too to the night elves - they could even extend it as a means to restore willing nightborne tot heir kaldorei form removeing the nightwell changes, - and can be used to restore wiling naga and satyr - although for them it returns satyr to a half night elf/demon state like the illidari, swelling their numbers, and it mostly restores naga, leaving some some traces of their former existence allowing for this Naz'dorei concept
    The fan service is so strong, it hurts. Curing Satyrs and reversing Naga would be bad for the gravity of the story (any gravity that is left, that is).

The truth is that 10 millennia of druidism have reduced the Kaldorei IQ to such low levels, that cannot wield Arcane anymore.

Better grant the Well to the glorious Sin'dorei. They might use it for something good. Like making mana bombs.

Edit. Also, you didn't mention the Watchers? The fourth big faction in the NE society? Sentinels, Druids, Demons and Maïev's lackies?

- - - Updated - - -

Season 8 was decent. Especially the ending.

Decent for post-Tywin GoT, that is. S8 is not different from 7, 6 or 5.

The other day I just randomly watched some scene from S6, and what did I see? Ramsay getting scolded by Roose Bolton for letting "le key to le North" escape. What a shitshow. I felt it from S5, and I never even read a single book by GRRM!

But people love it. They only started hating it in S8. Some only in the journey to the wall episode in S7...

And many, many people consider Sansa's non-canon marriage to Ramsay a rape! They equate marriage to rape! Benioff does it himself!

But yeah, Season 8 was fine. Some unexpected turns, actually. Bittersweet. Really surprised at the ending, did not want to vomit.
    Last edited by Adunai; 2019-05-30 at 04:17 PM.
    The Sin'dorei reign supreme! © Grand Astromancer Capernian

Quote Originally Posted by Adunai View Post
    n

The fan service is so strong, it hurts. Curing Satyrs and reversing Naga would be bad for the gravity of the story (any gravity that is left, that is).

The truth is that 10 millennia of druidism have reduced the Kaldorei IQ to such low levels, that cannot wield Arcane anymore.

Better grant the Well to the glorious Sin'dorei. They might use it for something good. Like making mana bombs.

Edit. Also, you didn't mention the Watchers? The fourth big faction in the NE society? Sentinels, Druids, Demons and Maïev's lackies?

- - - Updated - - -
    Technically, druidsm being pure nature, shouldn't that make them healthier than ever physically, healthy brains etc, their intellect should still be enhanced because they are naturally linked to the arcane source, which is why they are taller, eyes glow silver, skin in purple hue, the enhancments also boosts intelligence - and is why the high elves lost much of this. The difference is, when the night elves used the arcane, their intellect was further enhanced by the active use... this is where the elves learnt how to do that, so when the night elves stop using the arcane or spells during the long vigil, that extra topping is lost, and the high elves who set up a sunwell, who may have lost some of the preset higher intelligence when they are cut off, gain arcane enhanced intellect to leap frog night elves who aren't using the arcane.

However this isn't likely true for night elves who still use the arcane, like shen'dralar, highborne, Moonguard and ofc, all nightborne

Someone did a race concept for a group of naga that turn back to Elune, however instead of completely turn them into night elves like she did for 2 satyrs, she leaves some vestiges of their aquatic life, i assumed like some reminder - I really liked that post, and I noticed Ravenmoon was quite active there too, and since then keeps bringing them up in the night elf empower fantasies. Personally, if something is really good, they should go for it.. just make it interesting and worth it.. i personally would ike to see a thalassian ones, ofr example maybe someof them try to achieve the same thign on their own, get similar results but not the original night elf form and thus have pale skin instead of purple with coloured scales, blood elf like gold/orange bright hair colour schemes.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2019-05-30 at 08:16 PM.

Its very odd that blizzard has always dropped characters as if the characters don't mean anything to them. Alleria and turalyon were always the talk when they would appear, but now they are being ignored. The same goes for every interesting character, darius Crowley, Jarod shadowsong, all the leaders of the Dragon aspects, the draneai, the moonguard and tons of other characters that I can't remember right now. I just don't understand why they can't keep their story moving.

Oke, back to the night elfs, do you know how frustrating it is being mocked playing night elf? My friends are all horde, and all they say is the night elfs are useless and they are actually right when it comes to world of Warcraft. They once got attacked by the horde in ashenvale (just orcs) in cataclysm and variant had to save them. He had to SAVE THEM IN THEIR ENVIRONMENT. After that the night elfs didn't even make their defence in ashenvale better, instead they rebuild their stronghold in ferales from scratch. I'm wondering why they even rebuild it, darkshore was in ruins and ashenvale got attacked. I just... don't they have 20 writers for this stuff??? To be honest, I wanted malfurion and Tyrande to die, so that the night elfs would literally get beaten down and after that Jarod and Maive Shadowsong would finally pick up Tyrande and malfurions mess and clean their shit they made. Tyrande and Malfurions time are over, they never adapt, they never learn from their mistakes even though they are 10.000 years old. Varian had to tell Tyrande in mop that it isnt a good idea to charge without a plan. Well duh but for Tyrande it was a revelation.
    Last edited by Talrath; 2019-05-30 at 08:03 PM.

That’s the thing that irks me the most of it all, the Night elves are always beaten down, but for the dumbest of reasons: to elevate another character, usually a lame one.

In Cataclysm they got beaten in their own forest, just to show that Garrosh was a warmonger, and also to elevate king Varian, the square-jawed proxy for every comic book cliche ever.

In MoP, Tyrande got humiliated (“A little patience”), to show what a good commander Varian was.

And now in BfA, they get curb-stomped by the Horde just to show what a tactical genius Emofang is (Ooh, if you can’t get through a wall, go around it, Napoleon would be astounded, verily!)

Anyway, i hope the Night elves (And the forsaken too, for that matter) get some sort of place of their own, being relegated to being homeless refugees in SW/Org is a pathetic state for any race to be in.

Your cries about "Horde echo chamber" would have some merit if you weren't discussing them with an Alliance poster.

What do you mean? It subverted expectations, ergo it's automatically good!

Quote Originally Posted by Adunai View Post
    Season 8 was decent. Especially the ending.

Decent for post-Tywin GoT, that is. S8 is not different from 7, 6 or 5.
    But seasons 5 (well, not GRRM parts of it), 6 and (particularly) 7 were already steaming garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I think i could do a better lore, vanilla setup would be:

Eastern kindom: The forsaken are the bulk of the forces and control the upper eastern kindoms. To counter them you could say that the Alliance has send a major part of humans to alterac valley (Stromgarde). With almost all gnomes and dwarves they make sure that the forsaken dont cross the bigg wall. The forsaken can easily crush them but they wont because unlike the living they cn reproduce. So they are content with just a few skirmishes and hidden operations to make secret bases beyond the wall.

While in Kalimdor: The horde is atm quite small and cant afford sending people to ashenvale, while the kaldorei are in the woods observing the horde. The kaldorei dominate in ashenvale, ferales and stonetalon mountains and the rest they dont even touch.

All groups are in a cold war situation where they cant attack because they dont have enough people or dont want any bloodshed.

In TBC: the coldwar is getting heated.
    The kaldorei assist the dranae with the crash and in return the dranea are reinforcing the outposts of the kaldorei with crystal tech. The majority of the kaldorei dont want it but some outposts embrace it because the horde are breeding like rabbits. (in war of thorns a female orc said she had 8 kids). Trespassing horde in ashenvale is dealt with death.

In the eastern kingdoms again: the bloodelfs now are getting help of the forsaken in return that the bloodelfs help with putting outposts beyond the wall. Humans, gnomes and dwarves know something is up but dont know what.

Lich King: They have the army to counter the lich king and keep bolstering their numbers.

Cata: All out war, since the horde finally has goblins who can make some tanks really fast, the goblins dont care about safety of the driver while gnomes do and thats the reason why gnomes cant manufacture their machines fast enough. So horde under garrosh blasts through ashenvale with tanks and other gadgets of the goblins.

The forsaken now have the valkys and have now the means to revive their own people, so they go all out against the Alliance in the eastern kingdoms. But the Alliance have been putting defences everywhere with dwarven and gnome tech. So they wont be going down that easily.
    Deathwing and chogall are still there, to fight them the horde and the Alliance have to turn their attention to deathwing. But ofcourse they cant because horde and Alliance are in all out war. they dont trust eachother.

Ofcourse this isnt perfect but has more potential then what blizzard is doing.

Hopefully they ditch the Alliance and take Genn with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    An empire in that they have absolute control over an entire region or sections of several different ones. It could also just be called a kingdom, but a proper nation would be nice.

Jarod is a nice pick and the only decent candidate we really have. I think the inclusion of NEs like him would be a nice way to depict the different aspects of NE society, similar to Lor'Themar/Liadrin and BEs. Sure they have magic/nature, but those extremes aren't all they are.
    Idk, I never really had a problem with Tyrande and Malf, other than how the devs depicted them ingame. The only thing that's wrong with the nelves is the devs having a hate boner on them, imo.

5+ Year Old Account
    All elves should form a faction
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

They could take over dire maul and make it the next city. They already have feathermoon stronghold and i think that the new stronghold was there before the cataclysm. So they actually had 2 big fortifications in ferales, meaning they wanted to take over ferales and eventually also dire maul. The cataclysm changed that and now its taking longer, but now all night elves can help take over dire maul since its the only place where they can really launch attacks on the horde and have a city.

- - - Updated - - -

They had the new stronghold just after wrath, story wise not ingame wise