Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Therazane rep daily q hub, Ramkahen rep daily q hub, Twilight highlands dworf/orc reps daily q hub, guardians of hyjal, Tol Barad daily hub, great badge system with the daily heroics says hi. People were doing the dailies just fine. Chain running dungeons still wasn't that much of a thing. I would say it started in mop really. Random group finder only came with 3.3, mind you. It was still new to use it like that. I remember vividly how even the dungeon finder was "empty" certain times of the day, like after 10 pm? You couldn't really find anything. Before 8 am? Nope.
    Wow there were daily quests in Cataclysm albeit not as bad as usual, almost kind of exactly what I said. Logic says hi. Plus, you could just run dungeons for rep, you didn't need to log on everyday for daily quest rep. Even if you were losing rep from not doing the dailies every day, you were still able to grind out the rep whenever as opposed to needing to log on every day. So good try, good try.

I just solo ran normals on my max level characters. Soloing Grim Batol with the drakes was easy enough that even my freshly max level Rogue could do it. My prot warrior was even easier.

I dunno what kind of personal, subjective experience you had with running dungeons for rep but I did it just fine. Not sure what you're trying to argue by saying "LFD was still new and you couldn't find groups!", was never my experience with it at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    they claimed that to be the case (levelling up that is) but in reality they screwed up the xp gains vs levels available and thanks to that you could hit max level within a few hours played making the 'grind' start so much sooner and another thing that added to that was archaeology, the new profession added here, i was lucky and got the battle tank mount rare as one of the first in the region, first on my server so i farmed kalimdor like a man possessed, by the time i was done i had also done the bone raptor mount because i had farmed that many fossil sites trying to get tol'vir sites to spawn, not to mention every night elf rare along the way also, once that was done i went over to EK to farm for zin'rokh, never getting it and eventually giving up because of burnout, there were far too many 'mandatory' weapons for raiding in the archaeology loot pool for early rank pushes.

as far as your second statement, yes it's true that blizz have had instances where content has been made to last longer than it should have but this time around for the first time really you could 'feel' the lack of content and you could tell they had nothing else in the works that could be pushed out as a stopgap to help lighten the burden of farming the same 2 dungeons for months on end until the new tier came out.
    I have literally never once done archeology, nor do I think the epics from it were ever mandatory. The 2h, I recall, was sort of BiS for a couple of speccs pre-raid, but hardly something you had to get for "early pushing".

I think you just got bored of WoW in general and blamed the burnout on Cataclysm. Outside of the most recent tier of raiding there was hardly anything to really do in the game at any stage of its life, and looking back on it I don't see how Cataclysm was very expressly different from that fact aside from the removal of gated raid progression from Vanilla/TBC.
    Last edited by therealstegblob; 2019-05-29 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freaking Frumpy Frak View Post
    At least he didn't have to see WoW at the absolute worst it has ever been.

Like who? Stalin?
    I'd say Jesus but hey what do I know.

He had his ups and downs but yeah you can't say anything about that yet I guess, not enough time passed.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    He wasn't my favorite streamer, in fact, I never saw his twitch streams. I pretty much stopped watching him alltogether after he discontinued his WoW content. But it is a fact that he was a pioneer when it comes to games in social media. He inspired many of the gaming content creators who came after him. His wow radio and Blue plz were one of a kind. Even if he quit in Cata, you can think of him what you want, but his contribution to the WoW community in it's early days cannot be denied even if he parted ways with WoW.

It's a matter of simple human decency to acknowledge that, but alas, human decency is hard to find with the current dev team it seems. Everyone is just busy with their personal vanity and delicate egos.

Not to mention he actually worked for Blizzard as an esport caster at Blizzcon.
    You are aware the current dev team has absolutely nothing to do with death acknowledgements right? That is the PR team, not the devs. Talk about someone who is busy with his delicate ego.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boy Kirk View Post
    Who are you again?
    Don't quote me.

Quote Originally Posted by KLOCKWERK View Post
    Don't quote me.
    delet this
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Wow there were daily quests in Cataclysm albeit not as bad as usual, almost kind of exactly what I said. Logic says hi. Plus, you could just run dungeons for rep, you didn't need to log on everyday for daily quest rep. Even if you were losing rep from not doing the dailies every day, you were still able to grind out the rep whenever as opposed to needing to log on every day. So good try, good try.

I just solo ran normals on my max level characters. Soloing Grim Batol with the drakes was easy enough that even my freshly max level Rogue could do it. My prot warrior was even easier.

I dunno what kind of personal, subjective experience you had with running dungeons for rep but I did it just fine. Not sure what you're trying to argue by saying "LFD was still new and you couldn't find groups!", was never my experience with it at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I have literally never once done archeology, nor do I think the epics from it were ever mandatory. The 2h, I recall, was sort of BiS for a couple of speccs pre-raid, but hardly something you had to get for "early pushing".

I think you just got bored of WoW in general and blamed the burnout on Cataclysm. Outside of the most recent tier of raiding there was hardly anything to really do in the game at any stage of its life, and looking back on it I don't see how Cataclysm was very expressly different from that fact aside from the removal of gated raid progression from Vanilla/TBC.
    the part i have bolded is important, back then if you were pushing for server first or a high world rank (which is what i was doing at the time) it was mandatory for raid prep to have the BiS gear pre raid, that meant having every crafted BoE available (engineering goggles/rep epics/archaeology weapon for your class/spec) going into raiding, there was no time gating behind raiding it was simply rush to cap and get the best gear possible by spending a couple of hours farming dungeons for your other gear while doing the rest during downtime, outside of heroic nefarian and the reclaimed ashkandi due to human racial passive for swords which for fury warriors was huge, which is why zin'rokh was BiS because you weren't replacing it in a hurry, for casters it depended on race/spec, since there was a lot of early boss weapon drops on heroic for casters that didn't come for melee specs, if you're not in that environment i can understand why you wouldn't think it was a big deal but at the time it was a huge deal as raiders were forced to log in every day to do the daily heroic for valor points + the random loot bag you get, and with no other end game content outside of raiding there was literally nothing to do which for many was the reason they quit the game and didn't come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait he died? That is sad to hear. Never watched him but we all know him obvious.
    Hope he had a fun life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

the part i have bolded is important, back then if you were pushing for server first or a high world rank (which is what i was doing at the time) it was mandatory for raid prep to have the BiS gear pre raid, that meant having every crafted BoE available
    This has never been true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    LOL, Cata was shit.... One big shit, especially Dragon Soul raid, I mean WTF was Dragon Soul, last raid complete shit, then Throne of the Four Winds garbage, only kinda good one was Firelands
    I think Cataclysm was by far the best expansion we had. Amazing dungeons, fantastic leveling zones, revamp of EK/Kalimdor was great, we got transmog, archeology and much more nice stuff as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd call telling people to "get cancer and die" and also supporting harassment of women horrible. But you do you.
    Do u know the backstory of that quote?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    This has never been true.
    you're free to have that opinion, it's just wrong.

you're free to have that opinion, it's just wrong.
    You go on telling yourself that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You go on telling yourself that.
    Ladies, settle down. You're both pretty.

You're also both right. Some guilds require every single piece of gear possible before raids, some don't. Stop acting like everyone plays the game the same way.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

He was dead wrong with 5 mans.
    Since MoP they have gradually committed to making harder, more important 5 man content for this game.

I have a lot of respect for the guy, but the first video he started complaining about difficulty of the game in featured him dead on the ground of stonecore while it was happening.

He didn't know what difficult and competitive 5 man content was at the time, but if he didn't give up on the game so quickly he would have seen tremendous features come.

I'm sure he was at least aware of CM in MoP and WoD. I wonder what his thoughts were?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd call telling people to "get cancer and die" and also supporting harassment of women horrible. But you do you.
    That's a pretty tame insult compared to alot of other shit on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    That's a pretty tame insult compared to alot of other shit on the internet.
    Ironic, though. In this case.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Oh man, I had no idea he had died. That sucks.

Oh wow, I did not know he passed away. I was subbed to him too on Youtube.

Nostalgic pink goggles.

aah yes the usual Totalbiscuit topic.

Disagree: "Omg he is dead! show some respect!"
    Agree: "I know right, he was totally right in his predictions"

Congratz, he made a video about dungeons quite a few expansions ago. Which is completely irrelevant now, since the WoW we have now is completely different to the WoW then