Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    That'll convince him! You did it!

Lol.
    Lol! I have heard all the arguments before.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    We each live with our choices.
    Yes, we do. You would have to live with the choice of driving your daughter away. I would have to live with the choice of supporting my daughter when she decided to get an invasive clump of cells removed.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

That'll convince him! You did it!

Lol.
    I am not trying to change the mind of my father's clone, I am expressing my distaste in a conversation with my father's clone.

Additionally I included references to the irrefutable facts that I use as the basis for my conclusions on the subject being discussed, which anyone else can easily verify in 60 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Yes, we do. You would have to live with the choice of driving your daughter away. I would have to live with the choice of supporting my daughter when she decided to get an invasive clump of cells removed.
    But I know my daughter and you do not. She understands my convictions and shares them.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

So your goal is to just come on here and tell people you don't like them?
    That is a leading question, initially I thought there was a remote chance being presented with information would influence someone's perspective, eventually we got to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everything is debate club poindexter sometimes it's better to just let someone know they're a retard and call it a day.

Unlike the 90 percent plus of people that use this cesspool of a forum? Don't make me laugh now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Not everything is debate club poindexter sometimes it's better to just let someone know they're a retard and call it a day.
    I do not think of any one as a retard. But I do think it is best sometimes not to reply and consider it not worthy of one. The best way to handle some on here who are persistently insulting or not really wanting to discuss something in a mature way, is place them on ignore.

Ok, so less leading question... you are in an argument with someone and you've stated that you're not trying to convince them of your perspective. What are you trying to do?
    Not let wildly arbitrary ethical guidelines go unchallenged in case someone reading hasn't made up their minds.

Your off topic curiosity is consequently a lot more pointless than my continued engagement with the zealots.
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-05-30 at 03:16 AM.

But I know my daughter and you do not. She understands my convictions and shares them.
    Maybe in the abstract she shares them... if it ever happened to her though... she might reconsider. A lot of people do when it happens to them.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe in the abstract she shares them... if it ever happened to her though... she might reconsider. A lot of people do when it happens to them.
    You mean like Pro-Life and/or Anti-Gay Republican Congressman who suddenly switch their tunes when their mistress becomes pregnant or they're caught soliciting sex from young men in airport bathrooms?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    A person's convictions will be tested at times. And at times, they may fail to live up to them. No one is perfect and even if they fail, does not mean they are doomed to repeat them. This can apply not only to abortions, but many other aspects of life.

I do not think you would accept any other cases from whatever website. And sure they are debatable. Which is why the thread was created in the first place.
    No, brain death is not debateable, and no, that's not why the thread was created.

No doctor anywhere mistakes a coma for brain death. Only a fictional doctor made up for a propaganda site for morons to swallow as validation for their distorted views.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

The audacity of these people:
    -You want to create legislation that strips women's rights for soulless flesh and you believe that the smokescreens you throw up are heavy enough that your true motivations are not obvious
    - strip education funding,
    - strip infrastructure funding
    - strip environmental preservation funding and regulation
    - institute tax regulations that rob most americans and help the few that need it the least
    - you advocate for stripping mental healthcare for veterans who fight in the wars that you push
    - you handwave situations where a R senator rapes a child
    - you do your utmost to make the destitute worseoff by cutting aid programs
    - you try to destroy net neutrality to skyrocket prices, one in a litany of similar examples
    - you try to cut retirement for people
    - you put immigrants in camps where they are abused, where children have died,
    - (I am a gun owner) your flamboyant advocation for deregulation of weaponry and public healthcare is causing children to die at school
    (all of this is just the tip of the iceberg for your sins)

You cartoon villains think any of us believe you are pro life?

You think you are seen as mature?

You are a fiend, a demon of modernity.
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-05-30 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    You mean like Pro-Life and/or Anti-Gay Republican Congressman who suddenly switch their tunes when their mistress becomes pregnant or they're caught soliciting sex from young men in airport bathrooms?
    Pretty much that, yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    To the specifics of your argument: those opposed to abortion believe that abortion is murder. Harvesting organs is not. So yes, they see it as worse.
    And some PETA extremists think eating meat is murder.

That wouldn't justify them killing butchers to "save the cows". And you know why? Because their opinion is definitively, objectively wrong. Opinions aren't magically immune from being beholden to reality. If your opinion flies in the face of basic definitions, you're just wrong. Period. And if you won't change that opinion when this is pointed out, you're stubbornly, obstinately wrong. It isn't an argument.

Abortion is, definitively, not "murder". It can't be. The claim is as nonsense as saying that the Earth is flat or that 2 plus 2 is 5. It's just wrong, and doesn't deserve any consideration.

I'm not going to entertain people's counterfactual delusions and disinformation, and that's really all this boils down to. It's not a difference of opinion; they're lying, and want me to agree with their lie. Since it's a lie, I'm not going to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm an average Joe living an average life doing uninteresting, unimportant things.

So...w/e.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

People are denied for life insurance all the time. I guarantee you that no one would want to issue life insurance on babies, where the miscarriage rate is something like 20%. Come on man, just trust me, this isn't a thing. I'm not saying anything about my religious beliefs, I'm just trying to get people off of this silly "life insurance means abortion is ok" line of reasoning because it's bizarre and completely irrelevant. I'm pro choice btw.

And the tax/legal liabilities for fathers? What exactly are those? Is it anything significant?
    person hood means rights such as being able to claim a fetus as a child in your tax forms, filling child support for a fetus, medicare, medicaid, etc. All these implications have to be sorted out if the nut jobs get their way.

- - - Updated - - -

So you are new to this parenting thing

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    I'm an average Joe living an average life doing uninteresting, unimportant things.

So...w/e.
    Aren't we all! You're a very likable person, Sunseeker. Chin up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    Aren't we all! You're a very likable person, Sunseeker. Chin up!
    Well thanks, I certainly appreciate it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.