• Northrend Revamp

47 27.49%
  • Cataclysm Revamp

6 3.51%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    Snip
    I like all of your ideas, especially the one in Karazhan that can play in some role for ley lines and dimension as some hub or point of reference. However I think you are misunderstanding my comment, sure small stories are very nice for leveling and even side stories to pace out/give a break from the main plotline but Blizzard now goes with a superpowerful threat since BC, there is no way back to return to mudane things, we know in BTS the centaur are all nice and live in peace with the rest of the kalimdor races, pirates are just fodder at this point as we saw with the ashvane company and the tirigarde questline and the defias alongside any bad thing Stormwind has done has ben sweep under the rug while Anduin is made more holier than jesus.

So in a resume, your ideas are nice for a continuation of the leveling sub-plots but for an overall expansion are literally trash as the mongrel horde of Garrosh, the expansions main theme are like the avengers movie, dealing with world threats, alien invasion and superhero stuff.

Honest
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Would be fun with another dragon coming up from the ground. They call him: Lifewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    A world revamp ala Cataclysm (but not as bombastic or silly) is way overdue in my book. But I'm not holding my breath.
    I would highly doubt Blizzard would do this, they (Hazzikostas) said they spent so much work on Cata with very little gains for the amount of effort. This is why we see almost no updates to the old world unless they pertain to the newest content.

:: puts tinfoil hat on:: also a good way to sell instant max levels if level cap is awesome but leveling sucks.::takes off tinfoil hat::

With all that said, it would be awesome if they finally updated the world, but they would need to rewrite how the game plays.
    If they were to remake Azeroth they would need to give a reason for max levels to come back, which right now the only reason is to world PvP or level professions.
    To do this would need to add frequent world events and add world quests for max levelers. But that is basing off their current method to keep players in the world. They might think of something better.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    They
    Won't
    Revamp
    Azeroth
    It's
    A
    Waste
    Of
    Time
    Yet we're just about to see Classic go live, a bona fide rollback.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Would be fun with another dragon coming up from the ground. They call him: Lifewing.
    "One of Sinestra's eggs fell through a crack in reality created by the battle when she was defeated and ended up in the Emerald Dream. Now it matured and under the influence of the Dream, wants to mend Azeroth's scars and rid it of all parasitic growths, us."

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    "One of Sinestra's eggs fell through a crack in reality created by the battle when she was defeated and ended up in the Emerald Dream. Now it matured and under the influence of the Dream, wants to mend Azeroth's scars and rid it of all parasitic growths, us."
    World of Warcraft: Twilight Extermination

What a nice story!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Unfortunately they said there's no plans for a massive old world revamp in an interview during the earlier part of the year.
    Hmmm, do you have a Link that you could post there to say where they said that, since all the Vibes and info I have gotten are that blizzard are focusing on Revamping the entire leveling system in a major way (and that would also be combine with a world Revamp), 2 birds with 1 stone ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    I like all of your ideas, especially the one in Karazhan that can play in some role for ley lines and dimension as some hub or point of reference. However I think you are misunderstanding my comment, sure small stories are very nice for leveling and even side stories to pace out/give a break from the main plotline but Blizzard now goes with a superpowerful threat since BC, there is no way back to return to mudane things, we know in BTS the centaur are all nice and live in peace with the rest of the kalimdor races, pirates are just fodder at this point as we saw with the ashvane company and the tirigarde questline and the defias alongside any bad thing Stormwind has done has ben sweep under the rug while Anduin is made more holier than jesus.

So in a resume, your ideas are nice for a continuation of the leveling sub-plots but for an overall expansion are literally trash as the mongrel horde of Garrosh, the expansions main theme are like the avengers movie, dealing with world threats, alien invasion and superhero stuff.

Honest
    We should really see more Lore and quests around the Leylines... since they are so important to us and Azeroth aswell, in all of the Lore books the city around Karazan should be way bigger then it is, here is a secret... if you go inside Karazan... then where you summon the Dragon boss, you can see another verson of the outside of Karazan that was way bigger and with way more houses and structures, behind and infront of the tower + at its sides, with a revamp of Deadwindpass they could do stuff like that
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Really doubt they will remake EK/K again. If they do, I would want them to do something different with it along the way. Make EK/K relevant for all levels and have content for both leveling and max lvl in EK/K.

The problem when they redid Azeroth back in cata was that it only served for those leveling and it got quite quickly forgotten about.

Hmmm, do you have a Link that you could post there to say where they said that, since all the Vibes and info I have gotten are that blizzard are focusing on Revamping the entire leveling system in a major way (and that would also be combine with a world Revamp), 2 birds with 1 stone ^^
    It was from the Vanion interview with Ion earlier this year -
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=289956/...-azshara-plans

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Zone design in Kul Tiras and Zandalar is beautiful, but traveling back to the old zones feels like a completely different game. Arathi and Darkshore overhauls were nice, can we get more?

It almost is a completely different game when some of those zones are 10 years old! The big challenge is that redoing old zones is a huge undertaking which takes resources away from making brand-new content for the current game. They're always looking for reasons or excuses to do it, such as a meaningful piece of new content in the old world (Warfronts), and they'd like to continue it for select zones over time, but it's hard to imagine deciding to update old zones over creating new ones; it wouldn't be in players best interests overall.

We should really see more Lore and quests around the Leylines... since they are so important to us and Azeroth aswell, in all of the Lore books the city around Karazan should be way bigger then it is, here is a secret... if you go inside Karazan... then where you summon the Dragon boss, you can see another verson of the outside of Karazan that was way bigger and with way more houses and structures, behind and infront of the tower + at its sides, with a revamp of Deadwindpass they could do stuff like that
    Yeah on that I fully agree, that is why Karazhan could work as the main hub/port to travel to others dimension, in fact I always though that place could be the door to the shadowlands, the void realm and others places when we have to travel to face some enigmatic enemy in their own ground(after all BFA is foreshadowing a lot of things happening in the shadowlands and the culprit that killed Vol'jin is from there)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Blizzcon 2019 is comming up, we are all super hyped!!!
    Are we after last year's Blizzcon?

BfA should have come with a major world revamp. It had the perfect setting to warrant it. I can only imagine this for the next expansion when either the Void or N'zoth are basically destroying Azeroth.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Greetings good Gamers and World of Warcraft fans

Blizzcon 2019 is comming up, we are all super hyped!!!

What do you think will happend at the World of warcraft Stage (with a new Expansion comming up)

----> LETS SAY A REVAMP OF AN OLD EXPANSION WOULD COME... WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY WILL PICK? or WHAT DO YOU WANT THEM TO PICK? <-----

lets talk and see what will happen.

If you ask me, an Azeroth Revamp is 100% needed to be also used in the future since in the end WORLD OF WARCRAFT has all of its CORE LORE on AZEROTH!

great to hear what you think and lets open a discussion, since the internett is alla about what YOU think!!!

Cheers from Italia!!!

Moderator Note: Don't create threads with misleading thread topics. Constructing this as if it had been announced is against site rules. The thread title has been changed. {ML}

PS: Dear Moderator Note... Thanks for the change of the titol. Since I am close to never on the forums, I have no idea that a titol like that would seem misleading... the Site rules have never been read by me and I have no idea where to find them...

PSS: Its is very arrogant as a moderator to assume I am doing it on purpose and want to Mislead people... insted be polite and tell me the rules that has been broken... and if you find more Threads from me doing this very thing... then you could get all Agressive (if you ask With Kind and helpful words it works 10 times better on people then going all Facist on a person who you have no idea who are.

PSSS: in the end, I thanks you for the change and Appreciate that you even took your time to do a change to my Thread, since I'm here to talk to people and Promote Positive ideas and attitute, wish you many great thing (Mr. Moderator Note).
    I'm Italian aswell, but your english is so bad i'm ashamed of my country...
    Please atleast double-check what you type.
    c

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Revamping Azeroth or any other zone does not fit Blizzards design prerogative of only making the current content mean anything.

We will just find another "missing" landmass that was "shrouded by magic" like the Dragon Isles.
    I could agree on the Dragon isles, but I think that blizzard see that in the end World of Warcraft is about Azeroth and the Old roots of its Lore, again, low level in scrucial to be revamped and get some meaning into, so that is why I hope and have high faith in blizzard that it will happen
    -

I would like to see a revamp of EK/Kalimdor.
    This would make leveling allied races much more fun.
    Would fit well with a level squish too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Really doubt they will remake EK/K again. If they do, I would want them to do something different with it along the way. Make EK/K relevant for all levels and have content for both leveling and max lvl in EK/K.

The problem when they redid Azeroth back in cata was that it only served for those leveling and it got quite quickly forgotten about.
    I coulnd't agree more, and somthing that happend back with Cataslym was that it ended up beeing rushed... (Example the Tauren Wall at the Border between Mulgore and South barrens have ZERO GUARDS.... they just forgot about it... so a real revamp if you ask me is needed since so many places in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdomes have the signs and feels very rushed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Indil View Post
    I'm Italian aswell, but your english is so bad i'm ashamed of my country...
    Please atleast double-check what you type.
    My dear friend, happy to see a fellow Italian among us, english is not our strong side (sai di cosa parlo)

Arrivederci fratello

PS: Its a post in a forum that is about a game... I think that few people come here to correct of nit pick on the Grammar of a person, just typing stuff and giving words to my ideas... so I am chekcing what I am writing but, not with 100% care.
    -

A world remake is required. New leveling content is required.

But this time they should make sure to release a new race alongside it, unlike they did in Cata. Give people a reason to go do new content.

In addition, there need to be reasons to go to these zones at max level. Even if it's just some kind of world quest or Emissary system. "Restore order to Ashenvale" that rewards people for dealing with the threats in that zone. Hell, make it a weekly. One new zone a week.

People may not have gotten much out of the world revamp at the time of Cataclysm that seems fully worth it. But I feel it certainly added to the longevity of the game to have the story of the zones evolve and give new leveling content.

So much will have changed in the world since Cata. Foes defeated. New races introduced. Demons invading the world. Giant sword quaking the world. Azerite wounds. Battles raged. Cities sacked. Capitols destroyed. Races displaced. I would love nothing more than to see the world updated to reflect these changes permanently.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2019-05-28 at 10:39 AM.

Revamp everything, make the whole world endgame. End WoW there after the expansion is finished, let it run in maintenance mode for another 15 years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    A world remake is required. New leveling content is required.

In addition, there need to be reasons to go to these zones at max level. Even if it's just some kind of world quest or Emissary system. "Restore order to Ashenvale" that rewards people for dealing with the threats in that zone. Hell, make it a weekly. One new zone a week.

People may not have gotten much out of the world revamp at the time of Cataclysm that seems fully worth it. But I feel it certainly added to the longevity of the game to have the story of the zones evolve and give new leveling content.

So much will have changed in the world since Cata. Foes defeated. New races introduced. Demons invading the world. Giant sword quaking the world. Azerite wounds. Battles raged. Cities sacked. Capitols destroyed. Races displaced. I would love nothing more than to see the world updated to reflect these changes permanently.
    What you are saying is so much fun... I think exaclty the same, things like this could give us content for so many months/years... since in Kalimdor/eastern kingdomes we have over 20 zones per continent... just think about how much area we would have to give us Max level content... even make new dungeons in the old world... there are plenty of area that it would fit 100%

There is place for new dungeons in "The Hinterlands, Tirisfal glades, Gilneas, Loch Modan, Badlands, Redridge, Dust Wollowmarsh, Mulgore, Ungoro crater, Felwood, Winterspring.

All zones with no dungeons at all, that could have 1 or even 2 very easly with in the story of the zone, so a revamp could bring so much more to the world...

Btw, and all of the DEAD area witch was just "mountaons" in vanilla since they needed to fill it up since the world was way to big for them to cover every eare with used terrain.
    -

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Unfortunately they said there's no plans for a massive old world revamp in an interview during the earlier part of the year.
    It could be a way of making a huge suprise since telling people that a revamp is comming would make everyone understand what expansion it is and the very Hype and speculations would be off...
    -

We could conspiracy this a bit and say they want to revamp Azeroth again so in 5 to 10 years when the release of Cata and beyond expansions happens people will be hype to see middle-Roth again. Although I am not sure it will be as effective. Yeah, probably over the top.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Anyways...OT: After Cataclysm, I doubt they touch Azeroth again...unless they drown it in a flood^^. But they can still add areas...apparently there is another side to Azeroth?

The other continents are fine as they are IMHO. I would have liked Outland to be more of a warzone everywhere, but there is no point making it that way now.

I really rather have new stuff for people to hate, than remake / revamp what is there and have all this "Speak to NPC to go back to an earlier version of this area" - which I find especially annoying for Darkshore and Undercity.
    With all of this Hype for Classic and getting back to our roots, I think that current World of Warcraft need to work on its very Core "low leveld base" from that point they can look forward... since building a house on a bad ground level will make the entire house fall, but ofc, now days their team are way bigger and they have a very good time schedual so if they did a revamp of azeroth, I dont think they would rush it like they did in Catacyslm, they could even scale it all up to max level and give us special world quests and story progression in the entire world

PS: if they did the revamp, I think they would add the Time-bronze Drake in a major capitol city to change all of the zones... instead of haveing an NPC in every zone
    -