Thread: [TV] Batwoman

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    But, once again, Wonder Woman has gone on to be the high point of the DCEU (both the character and her film).
    Yes, and Captain Marvel was also a success. The Superwoman TV show is doing well too as far as I know.

Hell, people had nearly the same bitchfit about Black Panther as well and that did perfectly fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's never going to stop, man. Being anti-womanSJW gets clicks, views, and $$$$. So they don't care that they've become the same type of perpetually-offended idiots that they initially spoke out against when this whole SJW/anti-SJW thing started a few years ago.
    They are exactly the same type of perpetually-offended idiots. Not only that, but it seems there are far more of the anti-SJWs then there are actual SJWs. Or at least they're louder.

Citation needed.

Please explain the success of Wonder Woman, the character who is the only good part of the shit stain of a film that is Batman v Superman and her own film is widely regarded as the best of the DCEU (though Shazam is a contender now), while you're at it.

And I think my own behavior in this topic should display that I appreciate the character of Kate Kane (and Luke Fox) but think this adaptation is deliberately missing the mark in order to push a social message.
    I mean, I think this trailer was shit, but let's not wash away the history of the outrage at Wonder Woman, before it released. From Gal Gadot's "skinniness" to her accent, to the marketing campaign which touted her as the first-female led superhero movie, etc, the rage was very similar to what Captain Marvel received, except it's now more in the past.

And then people were placated by the movie.

Regarding WW, they were placated by the script, acting, directing...etc...
    Batwoman looks and sounds like garbage. And it damn sure isn't because "woman."

I also remember people saying Hugh Jackman was too tall to play Wolverine. It's almost like people question casting choices or something!

Though it is odd that you throw this criticism out when I cannot recall anyone questioning the casting of Ruby Rose as Kate Kane in this topic. We're calling out the actual content of the trailer and people like you keep making very broad criticisms that don't seem to apply.

But, once again, Wonder Woman has gone on to be the high point of the DCEU (both the character and her film).
    The main complaint I saw on casting Ruby Rose (and I don't think it was wide-spread) was some complaining she's not Jewish, and others complaining that as a gender fluid attracted to women, she was only a lesbian sometimes and therefor did not represent the lesbian audience.

And yeah, folks complained about Gal Gadot's physique, but I don't recall much of it being rebutted as "you hate women!" the way things have gotten now. Simpler times I suppose. The accent stuff I didn't see at the time, heard about later, so not sure how big it got. I don't recall anyone saying Wonder Woman was going to suck because the trailer sucked or anything, but she did have the advantage of being in BvS first.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Yeah but its easy to dismiss someone as crazy when they're talking about Gal Godot and her physique because most men would love to be with her and most woman would love to look like her. So its pretty stupid.

Its the same as people hating on Robert Pattison being cast as Batman without a hint of film being shown because OMG TWILIGHT.

That trailer shows a fair amount of actual content and it looks garbage. Criticism is valid.

Just like the awful sonic movie coming out got hit with negative feedback and is rightfully so pushing the release day to work more on his image, good choice.

This show should just be shelved though and the producers/staff having an entire restructure/deep thought on why they want to make tv shows in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Regarding WW, they were placated by the script, acting, directing...etc...
    Batwoman looks and sounds like garbage. And it damn sure isn't because "woman."
    Considering Batwoman looks just as cringy and poorly-written as the rest of the CW superhero fare, let's have some other explanation for the hate, if you please.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah but its easy to dismiss someone as crazy when they're talking about Gal Godot and her physique because most men would love to be with her and most woman would love to look like her. So its pretty stupid.

Its the same as people hating on Robert Pattison being cast as Batman without a hint of film being shown because OMG TWILIGHT.
    It is amusing to see all the old interviews with him trashing Twilight though. I don't know what Batman he'll make, but there are lots of candidates I'd think, so not sure why they always go for an odd duck out.

That trailer shows a fair amount of actual content and it looks garbage. Criticism is valid.

Just like the awful sonic movie coming out got hit with negative feedback and is rightfully so pushing the release day to work more on his image, good choice.
    Maybe it's just because I lived in the era of Brendan Fraser movies, but the Sonic trailer didn't look that bad to me! :-p
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Considering Batwoman looks just as cringy and poorly-written as the rest of the CW superhero fare, let's have some other explanation for the hate, if you please.
    I think its safe to say that you don't watch the CW shows and have no interest in Batwoman. So, what? You're here to get upset at people that you agree with but want to just complain about people complaining about SJWs?

I do enjoy the CW superhero shows, and was looking forward to Batwoman, that doesn't mean the trailer isn't anything but trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Yes, and Captain Marvel was also a success. The Superwoman TV show is doing well too as far as I know.

Hell, people had nearly the same bitchfit about Black Panther as well and that did perfectly fine too.

No it wasn't, and no it isn't. Captain Marvel has recieved some of the harshest criticism by both fans and critics of all MCU movies to date, putting it in the lowest quarter of the MCU, aside movies like Iron Man 3. The movie owes its financial success to it being sandwiched into the biggest cinematic happening of this decade, riding on the coattails of several significantly better characters and movies.

The Supergirl show has lost 3/4 of its audience, from almost 10 million in season 1 (when it was still CBS) to 3.1 million in season 2 under The CW and 2.5 in season 3. Interest in the show has dropped significantly.

Both the show and the movie did ok. To say they did well is false, both subjectivly and objectivly. Black Panther did well. That movie is a succes story. Captain Marvel is merely ok.

The other CW superhero stuff has gay/lesbian stuff in it...just not so damn "IN YO FACE" stupid. It's written well enough that it just feels naturally a part of the show. At least when I did watch them. (Although Supergirl was annoying at times)

Cant be negative guys the sjw superheroes are out in force with insults now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post

I didn't say "a success". Wonder Woman was the high point of the entire franchise until Shazam came along.
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I mean, I think this trailer was shit, but let's not wash away the history of the outrage at Wonder Woman, before it released. From Gal Gadot's "skinniness" to her accent, to the marketing campaign which touted her as the first-female led superhero movie, etc, the rage was very similar to what Captain Marvel received, except it's now more in the past.

You mean they were placated by her appearance in Batman v Superman, a film where people bitched to high heaven that Ben Affleck was cast as Batman.

If you're going to accuse people of washing away history maybe you could try getting it right yourself. Also, I did exactly no washing as I merely cited another male example of exactly the same thing happening with Hugh Jackman. I did again in this post with Ben Affleck. Are you beginning to see my point yet?

I didn't say "a success". Wonder Woman was the high point of the entire franchise until Shazam came along.

You mean they were placated by her appearance in Batman v Superman, a film where people bitched to high heaven that Ben Affleck was cast as Batman.

If you're going to accuse people of washing away history maybe you could try getting it right yourself. Also, I did exactly no washing as I merely cited another male example of exactly the same thing happening with Hugh Jackman. I did again in this post with Ben Affleck. Are you beginning to see my point yet?
    I mean, I've modded this subforum now for like, what, 6 years, and I don't remember this Ben Affleck outrage. People wondered if he could play the part, but it rose nowhere near the level often cited towards female superheroes. There was a bigger question about whether Heath Ledger could be the Joker. Unfortunately, these forums didn't even exist when Hugh Jackman was cast as Wolverine in 2000, so I can't speak to that in terms of the online reaction, but seeing as I had just graduated high school, and was a pretty big movie buff, I don't remember people being that upset about Hugh's height either.

And here's the thing about the Gal Gadot thing: people bitched even after her appearance in BvS. They said she looked too skinny, and her costume was too dark, and they could barely understand her, or some shit like that. Then the marketing for Wonder Woman started, and people bitched about that.

It wasn't until the actual movie came out that people thought, "Hey, maybe she's fine for this role." And they did that with a script which ended up making Wonder Woman look like an indecisive, lovesick girl, like every trope ever, and being badass only in her action sequences. I guess that was the right "balance."

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I thought Aquaman was considered the best DCEU film? If not, I personally thought think it is.
    you mean post the dark knight right?

Probably a Tie really.

A lot of people dont like the ending of Wonder Woman which is kinda valid.

Yeah, the ending was shit.
    yeah would have been nice to see Princess DIANA do something outside of a CGI battle.

CGI battles are so egh

I mean, I've modded this subforum now for like, what, 6 years, and I don't remember this Ben Affleck outrage. People wondered if he could play the part, but it rose nowhere near the level often cited towards female superheroes. There was a bigger question about whether Heath Ledger could be the Joker. Unfortunately, these forums didn't even exist when Hugh Jackman was cast as Wolverine in 2000, so I can't speak to that in terms of the online reaction, but seeing as I had just graduated high school, and was a pretty big movie buff, I don't remember people being that upset about Hugh's height either.

And here's the thing about the Gal Gadot thing: people bitched even after her appearance in BvS. They said she looked too skinny, and her costume was too dark, and they could barely understand her, or some shit like that. Then the marketing for Wonder Woman started, and people bitched about that.

It wasn't until the actual movie came out that people thought, "Hey, maybe she's fine for this role." And they did that with a script which ended up making Wonder Woman look like an indecisive, lovesick girl, like every trope ever, and being badass only in her action sequences. I guess that was the right "balance."
    If you're judging outrage solely by what you see on these forums then you have selected a ridiculously small metric by which to judge things.
    I thought Aquaman was considered the best DCEU film? If not, I personally think it is.
    They seem to be held in equal regard in some circles but due to the lack of controversy (other than some stupid people trying to accuse Mamoa of abusing his kids) it tends to go unmentioned most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    you mean post the dark knight right?
    The Dark Knight trilogy is not considered part of the DCEU.

---

Oh yeah, and then there's the casting of Jesse Eisenberg as Luthor. I mean... Wow.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2019-05-30 at 01:15 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

The difference between Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel. Is that Wonder Woman proved the early Naysayers wrong. Captain Marvel was the shitstain everyone expected it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    The difference between Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel. Is that Wonder Woman proved the early Naysayers wrong. Captain Marvel was the shitstain everyone expected it to be.
    Wut, Captain Marvel was a perfectly fine Marvel movie.

I mean, I've modded this subforum now for like, what, 6 years, and I don't remember this Ben Affleck outrage"
    You have selective or short memory then. There were calls for boycotts of the movie itself, of DC as a whole, people proclaiming the movie DOA as soon as Affleck was announced, there was a BOATLOAD of outrage over Affleck being cast.

If you're judging outrage solely by what you see on these forums then you have selected a ridiculously small metric by which to judge things.
    This forum is like, one of the most outraged corner of the internet. You'd have to go to 4chan or worse to get more outraged. You hear more objective opinions on reddit. If I don't remember outrage on this forum, I find it hard to believe it existed in a broader context.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    You have selective or short memory then. There were calls for boycotts of the movie itself, of DC as a whole, people proclaiming the movie DOA as soon as Affleck was announced, there was a BOATLOAD of outrage over Affleck being cast.
    Really? Where? I don't remember that here.