Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Meebo View Post
    I find it hard to believe that so many still listen to the WHO.
    they're out on their farewell tour right now actually.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

It most definitely is. Gaming addiction can ruin a life just like any drug can.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Everything is a disorder/disease nowdays... Play games disorder, being fat disease, drinking to much of something disease, like sex, disease.
    Fuck it, when will they announce that just being human is a disorder?
    Most the time it's to sell medicine. in 4-5 years they have lowered the "healthy standard" for numerous conditions just so they can get you quicker on the pills.

For example , when i was studying , the normal glicemic number was between 75-115 , above that and you were looking at diabetes. Nowadays it's between 75 and 100 i think.

Also hypertension. until 2017 if you had 130/80 mmHG you were fine , now you should be getting medication for it because you have type 1 hypertension.
    https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...1111/jch.13343

Something something oppressed, something something rise up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Great. Let's all make disability claims!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meebo View Post
    I find it hard to believe that so many still listen to the WHO.
    They're a great band!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero3 View Post
    So the WHO released an updated International Classification of Diseases ( the last one was 25 years ago) and in it there's modern problems like workplace burnout is considered a disorder and also gaming disoder but that's for 0.5% to at max 1% of the gaming population appartently.
    I don't think "workplace burnout" has ever been less of a problem than it is today. If you want to see workplace burnout, travel back 100 and some years in time. I can see problems with always being available to everyone via social media and phones but we are just a few generations away with people being somewhat fine with dying from your job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    So does this mean I can call in sick from work for my "gaming disorder" to stay home and play PoE next league? Can the doctor give me a medical certificate of my gaming disorder?
    Thats like goin to your boss and tellin em you got a bag of weed and need a week free because of it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrossive View Post
    So working a job should be considered an addiction because we do it even though it has many negative consequences and prevents us from doing other interests.
    Lol! Good point.

It should come as no surprise, anything we do which is abusive and causes us to neglect normal responsibilities is a addiction.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    I don't think "workplace burnout" has ever been less of a problem than it is today. If you want to see workplace burnout, travel back 100 and some years in time. I can see problems with always being available to everyone via social media and phones but we are just a few generations away with people being somewhat fine with dying from your job.
    It's always been a problem but until today it wasn't a dedicated illness . Workplace burnout was always considered more like a symptom of a bigger illness like depression, anxiety , stres etc. Now it's up there with it's own title, symptoms, causes, treatments, method of diagnosis.

Sweet, now I can get permanent disability for my disorder which will allow me to play more games!

What the heck is considered a normal responsibility? Eating, pooping, showering? I think were responsible to sustain ourselves and responsible to find our own happiness.
    illuminati all over my body

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    So they now say gaming disorder is a disease but wants to remove gender dysphoria. WHO is a bunch of politically motivated idiots.
    There are details that that explain how a person gets classified with this disorder. Its just addiction, similar to drugs or gambling, but in the form of video games. The sky isn't falling and your point is very flimsy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Everything is a disorder/disease nowdays... Play games disorder, being fat disease, drinking to much of something disease, like sex, disease.
    Fuck it, when will they announce that just being human is a disorder?
    There is a difference in playing games and being addicted to games. Just as you can drink alcohol and not be addicted to alcohol.

7+ Year Old Account
    tfw no gf and addicted to video games yet you get no neetbux.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    We've known about addictive personalities for ages by now, what's the point of separating into its own disease because it involves a video game in some cases? It can happen to certain people over anything that revolves around rewards. And meanwhile other things that are clearly illnesses are complete ignored or treated as normal.

Honk honk.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    We've known about addictive personalities for ages by now, what's the point of separating into its own disease because it involves a video game in some cases?
    It's just a sub-category under "Disorders due to addictive behaviours" along with "Gambling disorder". They probably made a separate entry for it because it is somewhat different than gambling. Since substances like cannabis, synthetic cannabinoids, cocaine, stimulants etc. get their own addiction sub-categories, it's not really a big thing for "Gaming disorder" to have an entry like this.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    It's just a sub-category under "Disorders due to addictive behaviours" along with "Gambling disorder". They probably made a separate entry for it because it is somewhat different than gambling.
    Oh so it's just a category under the larger issue, that makes sense. I should have known better than to just read the OP and check the link instead. Thanks.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn