Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why do people call BfA - Legion 2.0? It's no where close

I read a lot of people saying BfA is just Legion 2.0. LOL, not even close. Legion is the 2nd or 3rd best expansion ever for WoW, and BfA is easily the second to last worst expansion.

Expansions ranking's;

- Wrath #1
    - Legion #2
    - BC #3
    - MoP #4
    - Cat #5
    - BfA #6
    - WoD #7

Maybe my ranking isn't exactly right, but pretty close, there's no arguing Legion is towards the top, and BfA for sure towards bottom of list.

Legion gave us such great things;

- Class Halls were AMAZING, and sad to see them leave
    - Class Hall specific quests, were great story's and fun to work on
    - Artifact weapon appearances, and the quests to unlock new ones, and find hidden appearances
    - Mage Tower
    - Artifact Weapon was pretty cool idea, yeah it needed to be tweaked and revised better, but it was a fresh idea, way better than a fucking necklace
    - Tier gear still ten billion times better than Azerite garbage
    - Classic Raids like Nighthold, ToS
    - Introduction of M+ dungeons
    - Dalaran one main Faction shared city, and easy and quick to get around. These two overly large complex mazes of cities in BfA blow balls.
    - Class specific mounts to work on getting
    - Zones all in one main continent, not split up needing to take a boat and port a long ways to get to another zone.
    - Classes, back when they good before BfA broke them
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2019-05-30 at 06:21 PM.

Agreed. Legion 2.0 because they tried to make something similar with the azerite and neck but failed miserably. Legion still is and will always be my second favorite expansion.

because it is legion minus artifacts, they copy paste the wq system that was boring 1 month into legion, same bland classes, still ignoring pvp, ect, ect

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I read a lot of people saying BfA is just Legion 2.0. LOL, not even close. Legion is the 2nd or 3rd best expansion ever for WoW, and BfA is easily the second to last worst expansion.

Expansions ranking's;

- Wrath #1
    - Legion #2
    - BC #3
    - MoP #4
    - Cat #5
    - BfA #6
    - WoD #7

Maybe my ranking isn't exactly right, but pretty close, there's no arguing Legion is towards the top, and BfA for sure towards bottom of list.

Legion gave us such great things;

- Class Halls were AMAZING, and sad to see them leave
    - Class Hall specific quests, were great story's and fun to work on
    - Artifact weapon appearances, and the quests to unlock new ones, and find hidden appearances
    - Mage Tower
    - Artifact Weapon was pretty cool idea, yeah it needed to be tweaked and revised better, but it was a fresh idea, way better than a fucking necklace
    - Tier gear still ten billion times better than Azerite garbage
    - Classic Raids like Nighthold, ToS
    - Introduction of M+ dungeons
    - Dalaran one main Faction shared city, and easy and quick to get around. These two overly large complex mazes of cities in BfA blow balls.
    - Class specific mounts to work on getting
    - Zones all in one main continent, not split up needing to take a boat and port a long ways to get to another zone.
    - Classes, back when they good before BfA broke them

your ranking is completely subjective, not right or wrong.

They just mean design wise. BFA is pretty much just more of Legion, minus content. God, minus so, so, so much content.

5+ Year Old Account
    They mean in terms of borrowed/similar systems. Like Ocarina of Time to Majora's Mask.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

It's great that you have an opinion of your own, but not everyone has to share it. Whether you like BfA more or less than Legion (and other expansions for that matter) is subjective. Myself I find both good and bad things about both expansions, and I tend to disagree with the "majority" who believe that Legion's fast gameplay was good for the game. People already seem to have forgotten the absolute shitstorm Legiondaries, the Netherlight Crucible and Argus itself created.

these forums have turned into a blog site.

Expansions ranking's;
    Stopped reading there.

I've never seen the whole "Legion 2.0" used as a compliment. It's usually a complaint that BfA didn't innovate enough.

Legion was great because it reinvented the game. It overhauled huge chunks of the standard gameplay (world content, dungeons, progression) so that you felt like WoW was slowly making progress towards becoming a this century kind of game again. And then BfA didnt continue that trend. It just copied those new systems (badly in some cases) and didnt touch proffessions or pvp or the LF system.

WoW needs to move forward and BfA (1.0 at least) is a step sideways at best.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Stopped reading there.
    Can't argue that Legion is for sure in the top 4 maybe not 2nd best, and BfA, cannot be any higher than 6th. Just the facts ma'am.

Legion is absolutely better than WoD, it's better than BfA, because it's the father of it, and I say better than Cat, which destroyed the game for awhile. But BC, Wrath and MoP were all great, as well as Legion. The two craptastic expansions are WoD and BfA.

Calling it Legion 0.5 is a lot more accurate

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally haven't heard a single person call it Legion 2.0.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelik14 View Post
    these forums have turned into a blog site.
    MMO was always full of narcissistic people who thinks that world resolve around them and only way to "save" WoW is bending game to their preference.

To be honest, I'm here only because hype threads and news, otherwise I would left long ago.

I hear Legion 0.5 a lot but 2.0 is the first time I even read about that statement. Although I gotta say blizzard has to do something with the reputation/AP grinding
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Aside from your 100% subjective post and observations which hold little to no weight, people say stupid things on the internet.

BFA is clearly not Legion 2.0 in the same way WotLK was not BC 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    I've sincerely haven't seen a single person saying BFA is Legion 2.0 on the contrary everyone is saying it's a bad version of Legion
    Same features - just nerfed or badly re-implemented
    Exactly this - BfA is an attempt to take Legion's primary ideas (artifacts, class identity) and flip it into something else that's similar (azerite gear and faction (identity? pride? story?)), it just hasn't really worked, at least so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    Aside from your 100% subjective post and observations which hold little to no weight, people say stupid things on the internet.

BFA is clearly not Legion 2.0 in the same way WotLK was not BC 2.0.
    On the other hand, BC was clearly Vanilla 2.0, and I'll fight you if you deny that. BfA is clearly inspired by Legion, so Legion 2.0 isn't that much of a stretch, but it is needlessly whiny.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not complicated.

People might say it's Legion 2.0 because most of the systems are derived with less modification than usual from Legion. They aren't saying that it's as good as or anything like that. WoW developers saw that Legion was pretty successful so they didn't change a lot. Unfortunately the stuff they did change hasn't worked out well.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I've kinda felt like it was more akin to Legion 0.5 than anything. It's half the expansion Legion was IMO.