10+ Year Old Account

Current WoW habits you need to get out of when playing Classic

While playing the stress test, I have come across some awful current WoW habits that I need to get out of when playing Classic?

1) Remembering that mining nodes require more than attempt to get ore out of. The amount of time I walked away from a node after one try...
    2) Keeping your eyes off the mini map when lookign for quests, I cannot stress how many times my eyes have constantly wandered to the top right of the screen to see if there are any nearby quest givers.

I will most likely have more and I'll return to this thread when I find any. Trying to get back into the play style I was in 14 years ago is hard

In the meantime is there any you have had?
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-05-30 at 06:42 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Biting more than you can chew (aka doing a orange quest to kill a big bad guy)
    I died...5 times trying to get Fizzle's Claw from Fizzle Darkstorm.

Was only able to do it when people came to the rescue.

ALSO start practicing on stress test the leveling experience from 1-10.

IMO you should just kill mobs when expansion launches and zones are chaotic.

There will be add-ons that allow you to see quest givers and other things like vendors on the mini map so it won't be an issue there lol.

I have kind of stopped using my cds while questing and leveling and that really makes a large impact in classic were they can be quite needed.

This sounds more like a "things about classic that suck" thing than having to do with wow "habits". It's not a habit if you're playing the game as it's intended to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    This sounds more like a "things about classic that suck" thing than having to do with wow "habits". It's not a habit if you're playing the game as it's intended to function.
    I tried like a million times for the "tracking" feature on minimap.
    I tried to click the button on mini map to open world map...to find nothing.

I clicked the red question mark numerous times to open interface...only to fail.

And to all people saying vanilla leveling was easy...i died 8 times to level 10.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    AoE Looting. Gotta remember to loot every individual mob.

Just step on the brake and get used to playing at 10-20% of the retail pace. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Just step on the brake and get used to playing at 10-20% of the retail pace. That's all.
    And cry for help on chat to do difficult quests or to group up when everyone is killing your mobs.

Trying to look good in my armor. Back to clown suits.