Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    I thought most countries had this "wait til out of office" rule. He should have to pay for any violations but it's not necessarily a problem for it to be delayed unless it passes a statute of limitations deadline.
    Having corrupt leaders who get away with their corruption is totally fine with you apparently.

I thought most countries had this "wait til out of office" rule. He should have to pay for any violations but it's not necessarily a problem for it to be delayed unless it passes a statute of limitations deadline.
    I don't think there are term limits for prime minister in Israel, so if you followed this logic he'd be immune to all prosecution for as long as he keeps getting re-elected.

Nope, even the US doesn't have that in law technically.

Only thing that stops Trump for example from going to jail now is politics actually and not anything that is written in the law. If the Supreme Court deems it so they can say that the DOJ guidelines of not indicting a sitting president (remember this was written under Nixon) because otherwise he/she couldn't fulfill his/her constitutional duty is contradictory bullshit.

You want to remove any person in power (including a judge) from office before sending them to jail because you really don't want to be put in an position where the leader of your country is in prison while still making decisions now do you.

Is Netanyahu having anyone shot? I don't think so.

I'm just saying he shouldn't have to waste his time in court otherwise they could waste all of his time with a never ending sequence of charges.

Also he's not a dictator unless he cancels the next voting cycle.
    I'm sure his lawyers will represent him. If he does not have the nerve to have some lawsuits going while doing his job, then he's not fit for it.

Your argument is still retarded, it should be obvious that the head of state upholds the law.

- - - Updated - - -

Some western countries do not have max terms for a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    In a democracy with separation of powers, you can't make sure of that because the next government could simply overturn the laws that keep you from being prosecuted.
    Ha but most laws don't work like that.

Sure it can be different by country but I imagine that in allot of countries it work like this
    If something that used to be illegal becomes legal you can't be prosecuted for crimes committed now it's legal
    If something turns from legal to illegal you can't be prosecuted as well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Ha but most laws don't work like that.

Sure it can be different by country but I imagine that in allot of countries it work like this
    If something that used to be illegal becomes legal you can't be prosecuted for crimes committed now it's legal
    If something turns from legal to illegal you can't be prosecuted as well
    If the process of creating those laws is deemed unlawful then both could have become illegal though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump is doing what he can to help Netanyahu block a new snap election while he's under investigation for fraud, bribery and corruption.
    UPDATE: Netanyahu does not make the deadline. New elections.

Less than two months after his biggest-ever electoral victory, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has failed in a desperate bid to form a new government. The Knesset has now voted to hold a new election on September 17th.

This is a bigly yuge JOBS political defeat for Netanyahu. It's the first time since the founding of Israel that a prime minister has missed the deadline to form a coalition after winning an election. Netanyahu has opted for new elections so that Israel's president will not offer one of his political rivals an opportunity to form a government instead.

New elections will prevent Netanyahu from passing laws to give himself immunity from three pending indictments for bribery, fraud and breach of trust.

Netanyahu's plans to pass legislation allowing politicians to override supreme court rulings, and his ability to disrupt the legal proceedings against him, will also be hampered

The new elections in Israel will also further complicate the Trump administration's plans to launch its long-awaited Middle East peace plan. The White House hoped to have a new Israeli government in place before rolling out the first phase of the plan next month in Bahrain.
    Bolded for emphasis. Bolded for schmuck.

LOL WUT haha /snort. Man 2019 is drunk and needs to go home.

The left was trying to impede the authority given to him by the voters. Such trolling must wait until *after* he is out of office so that it will not hinder his ability to govern effectively.
    I missed this a few days ago, but my god, even for PrimaryColor this is a bit beyond the pale.

Clearly the actions of an innocent man.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/mideast...HJb1JNwrYnlSDE

looks like netanyahu could be out as some of his coalition partners refused to form a government with him, maybe these new revelations could swing the new election in bennys favor
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2019-05-30 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The negotiations failed because he demands immunity to be part of the new deal.
    That and Lieberman, leader of the secular nationalist Yisrael Beitenu party, is refusing to budge regarding a law on military service for ultra-Orthodox Jewish young men, who are currently exempt from Israel’s otherwise universal draft.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can be prime minister for life. Using election fraud to continuously get reelected. Puts himself above the law "until out of office".

Can't wait to prosecute Netanyahu in the grave.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    If the process of creating those laws is deemed unlawful then both could have become illegal though.
    I don't think it would be done in an unlawful way, just unethical because normally you would have a parliament stopping you from even thinking about a law like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any act of self-perpetuation should be deemed as questionable.

Any act proposed by Bibi should be deemed as questionable, period, while we're on that subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if Trump had to maintain a full cabinet or face a new election.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I don't think you grasp how politics work in Israel. The people didn't vote for Netanyahu. They voted for Likud. Netanyahu is the leader of Likud. Likud, if they wanted, could kick him out any time they wanted. The Knesset would then choose a new person to be Prime Minister.

By your logic the US shouldn't have impeachment proceedings. Politicians commit crimes sometimes. There's nothing special about them that deserves protection. If Trump was impeached, Pence would be the new President. That is continuity of government in action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I don't think you grasp how politics work in Israel. The people didn't vote for Netanyahu. They voted for Likud. Netanyahu is the leader of Likud. Likud, if they wanted, could kick him out any time they wanted. The Knesset would then choose a new person to be Prime Minister.
    You'll have to forgive us Americans. We're really not taught very much about how parliaments work.

By the way, time for Guess the Speaker again.

It looked like a total win for Netanyahu, who’s a great guy, he’s a great guy. And now they’re [Israel’s] back in the debate state and they’re back in the election stage. That is too bad. Because they don’t need this. I mean they’ve got enough turmoil over there, it’s a tough place.
    Go ahead. Guess.

I wonder, though, is the "enough turmoil" before, or after, the unilateral move to take Jerusalem from the Palestinians?

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Imagine if Trump had to maintain a full cabinet or face a new election.
    I really want a parliamentary system.

I wish we could see Trump on the floor having to debate with the house on what he is proposing. why don't we do that?

America in wanting a system to get away from monarchy virtually went with the most monarchy like system of modern democracy, sure it was the first early early form but for fuck sakes change already.