Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Most players? Fuck no. Not ones who actually played TBC. I'm an old fogey and most players I know joined long after TBC or so late in TBC that they didn't actually raid, so have no fucking idea what they were actually like. If we take players who were actually playing in TBC, I think we will find very few regard it as a "golden age" without rose-tinted spectacles. The sheer annoyance and pain that Kara caused to guilds by being a 10-man was huge and people like to forget it. Plus the vast majority of players who talk about the Sunwell never even went there! Let alone downed it. It's like Woodstock, in a sense - about 100x as many people claim to have finished Sunwell as actually did, maybe more.

I get what you're saying re: raids actually being themselves, rather than just tiers, and I liked that, but they were not particularly well-designed or fun or engaging or loreful. Legion's raids were far better from pretty much all those perspectives. So I guess if all you care about is loot feeling more significant, and the atmosphere of the raid, then TBC could do well (though Naxx, Ulduar and ICC all spanked the TBC raids on atmosphere). First though? Not without rose-tinting OR very specific, probably niche tastes.
    Guess then i am one of those players with niche taste. The atmosphere was awesome. Lady Vashj is one of my all time favorite fights. And our guild didn't have any issues building 2 raid grps for Karazhan at the beginning, but you are right it was a bit annoying but manageable.

But this doesnt mean that the raids nowadays are worse, they are also designed very good!
    Somehow raiding felt more epic in the old days with only one size to me.
    Even though my guild didn't clear every raid in TBC for example, it was ok for me and my guild and motivated us to try harder next time.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You are aware the current dev team has absolutely nothing to do with death acknowledgements right? That is the PR team, not the devs. Talk about someone who is busy with his delicate ego.
    Orly, how do you know that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boy Kirk View Post
    I'd call telling people to "get cancer and die" and also supporting harassment of women horrible. But you do you.
    1) Personally meeting and apologizing to the person he said that to and the person forgave him for it so can't be held against him that well, and
    2) never happened.

No offense but can we let this dude rest in peace.

Seems like everytime his name is brought up, drama erupts over his comments. It's the internet, I've heard and seen many of you say and do way worse.

People here act like they are saints, I promise if the FBI confiscated many of your computers, they'd probably find way worse than telling someone to "get cancer and die" on a twitter post.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boy Kirk View Post
    I'd call telling people to "get cancer and die" and also supporting harassment of women horrible. But you do you.
    lmao ok. I actually just realised who you actually were. Makes sense you'd post this.

Ah I remember him and his fps police attempts where he listed such games like ff7 as non 60fps games to set a standard

Also I think you guys need to realise that just because someone is dead, the opinion of some people will change. Yes someone can have a tragic death, but it would be pretty dishonest to suddenly act like you felt any type of empathy for him in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

For me, WoW died with that 4.2 patch. I loved the beginning of Cataclysm as a Shaman healer. I remember TB at that time and stopped playing when he did.
    Skipped Pandaria and WoD, came back to Legion but was appalled at the state of the classes, rng etc etc . Left for good after 3 months of BfA. It's really sad he's gone. He was a part of the early years and I remember him fondly.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Wow there were daily quests in Cataclysm albeit not as bad as usual, almost kind of exactly what I said. Logic says hi. Plus, you could just run dungeons for rep, you didn't need to log on everyday for daily quest rep. Even if you were losing rep from not doing the dailies every day, you were still able to grind out the rep whenever as opposed to needing to log on every day. So good try, good try.

I just solo ran normals on my max level characters. Soloing Grim Batol with the drakes was easy enough that even my freshly max level Rogue could do it. My prot warrior was even easier.

I dunno what kind of personal, subjective experience you had with running dungeons for rep but I did it just fine. Not sure what you're trying to argue by saying "LFD was still new and you couldn't find groups!", was never my experience with it at all.
    Some classes maybe could do it, very few of them. Not all of them certainly, and wasn't time effective. Running dungeons solely for rep on the whole playerbase scale just wasn't a thing. I didn't say you couldn't find group. I said people played overall less, and the dungeon finder was empty at certain times of the day. LFG was new means that people weren't "abusing" it that much. The playstyls was totally different. There were no streamers showing smart tricks and powerleveling guides, there wasn't that many streamers, guides came on youtube and not immediately. There wasn't this many groups going at the same time, there was a tank shortage, and a healer shortage. ("DUNGEONS ARE HARD!")

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Orly, how do you know that?
    Because the development team works on developing hte game. Death acknowledgements and the like are done by the same people who make all the announcements on the internet and social media, the PR department. It's how a business operates.

I wanted to keep this to discussion about the game and his thoughts on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexism View Post
    Ah I remember him and his fps police attempts where he listed such games like ff7 as non 60fps games to set a standard

Also I think you guys need to realise that just because someone is dead, the opinion of some people will change. Yes someone can have a tragic death, but it would be pretty dishonest to suddenly act like you felt any type of empathy for him in the first place.
    I don't really think that's the case. At least with me.

People act like he did some unspeakable horrible things. The dude was a typical internet gamer who liked to talk shit online. Majority of the people I meet on the internet including myself talk shit and make toxic remarks. He was not much different than anyone of us and I think people need to realize that.

I find it funny that some people criticize him for saying get cancer and die and then you look at their post history and see multiple infractions for saying way worse.... lol
    Last edited by Poe; 2019-05-30 at 11:11 PM.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

So what are all of your thoughts on this video or on TB's views of WoW in general?
    I was a fan of TB's and watched him regularly.

That said I never really agreed with his stance on cata dungeons. The mistake was putting heroics as part of the LFR que-that was a horribly toxic experience.They needed to separate LFD from heroics.

I find it a bit tedious the way online discussion focuses on how great it is when wow is difficult and hardcore (I'm not talking about TB now). That's not how people actually play wow think: it is just how people talk online because they want some kind of alpha nerd status. There's a place for people who want to be organized and discuss tactics so forth: I don't, most people don't, and you won't optimize the game's commercial potential that way, it is just a fact.

Another aspect: no wow content is actually that difficult in the generally agreed sense, even mythic. It is not at all intellectually challenging. The challenge is to grind up gear so you can do the content and organize everyone. This feels like office teamwork to me.

Additionally I think people who go on about those dungeons being dumbed down haven't done much dungeon queing recently. Even in the modern era, where gear outlevels that content quickly in a way it never did at the time, it is still common for people to wipe on the instadeath mechanics in cata dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Ladies, settle down. You're both pretty.

You're also both right. Some guilds require every single piece of gear possible before raids, some don't. Stop acting like everyone plays the game the same way.
    No, I'm right. That's all there is to it, lol.

"Some guilds" requiring BiS pre-raid gear =/= You need to have the gear for the content. He wasn't saying "Well, my guild required it", he was attempting to objectively claim that you NEEDED that gear, which you don't. If anything, it only slowed down your attempts at pushing high level progression. He was clearly full of shit.

This has never been true.
    Oh, it hasn't? Odd, I mean I trust you ofc because you posted it, but I seem to remember the opposite. Please tell me how correct, right, factual, etc you are, so I can sleep peacefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Some classes maybe could do it, very few of them.
    Well, my Rogue did it so I'm pretty sure every class could, lol.

and wasn't time effective.
    "Wasn't time effective", you fucking what? Time effective compared to what? Not doing it at all and getting no rep? You're talking out of your ass, dude. Just stop.

Running dungeons solely for rep on the whole playerbase scale just wasn't a thing.
    Yeah dude, after an ENTIRE EXPANSION of running dungeons for rep, running dungeons for rep was "not a thing" to the playerbase. Fucking stop.

LFG was new means that people weren't "abusing" it that much.
    "Abusing"? You mean using?

There wasn't this many groups going at the same time, there was a tank shortage, and a healer shortage. ("DUNGEONS ARE HARD!")
    There's always been a tank and healer shortage. Fucking stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to keep this to discussion about the game and his thoughts on it.
    You're not gonna get that with the anti gamergate mob trying to remind you that he was a piece of shit that doesn't deserve to be remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsReality View Post
    Oh, it hasn't? Odd, I mean I trust you ofc because you posted it, but I seem to remember the opposite. Please tell me how correct, right, factual, etc you are, so I can sleep peacefully.
    The saddest thing on earth is someone trying to be smug even though they're wrong.

You've never needed BiS gear to push high end content. It's simply not been true, regardless of whatever you 'remember'. Sure, maybe you remember other wrong people claiming you needed to have XXX piece of gear or whatever, but that doesn't mean it was right.

If you think people in Cata were pushing world first races only after farming the 2h from archeology, then lolololololol.

So what are all of your thoughts on this video or on TB's views of WoW in general?
    I started watching him when and Jessie Cox around the end of WotLK, when they started to cover Cata beta stuff. Seemed interesting, but always felt like he was too much of a purest/elitist of what he thought WoW should be and how it should cater to the hardcorest of players.

I do wonder how he'd react to Classic WoW being a thing, I don't recall them announcing it before his death.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    inb4 edgelord post shitting on totalbiscuit.
    Or just correctly pointing out how unfunny and tiresome he was?
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Well, my Rogue did it so I'm pretty sure every class could, lol.

"Wasn't time effective", you fucking what? Time effective compared to what? Not doing it at all and getting no rep? You're talking out of your ass, dude. Just stop.

Yeah dude, after an ENTIRE EXPANSION of running dungeons for rep, running dungeons for rep was "not a thing" to the playerbase. Fucking stop.

"Abusing"? You mean using?

There's always been a tank and healer shortage. Fucking stop.
    Aggressive much?

By "an entire expansion where you ran dungeons for rep" you mean wrath? The lfg tool only came with 3.3. before that, you had to manually look for people, on your server, which took a LOT of time. Nobody (or not many) farmed dungeons solely for rep.
    I'm also talking about doing the thing in it's time. If you dinged on the first or second day and you wanted to max out your reps asap, you did the dailies, and wore the tabard in dungeons obviously while you farmed gear or did your daily heroic. But you didn't farm dungeons day and night, there were no groups if you didn't have friends with similar aspirations and a lot of free time. And even if YOU had a lot of free time that didn't mean your realm or battlegroup had the same free time. like I said: group finder was often empty, you could clearly see how people's work shift ended/kids got home after school. It was not like today that you can find a group for pretty much anything, anytime. Especially on a smaller or mid pop realm.
    Sure, if you want to farm rep TODAY, you jsut head to the dungeons and kill stuff. But not in the first 1-2-3 months of Cata. It wasn't a thing. Players were flooding the daily areas.

Care to show me your armory? You can see mine in my sig, you can see how I progressed in my reputations. Reps are always the FIRST for me in a new expansion/patch (lol not since Legion). So i kinda know a thing or two about rep farming.
    In wrath, you were lucky if you had 4-5 achievement hunter "hardcore" player on your whole realm. Achieves were new, and divided people as people started with different tasks. Before group finder, crossrealm groups, connected realms, and people playing so much less it was very hard to do group activities.
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-06-01 at 01:48 PM.