Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is it just me or is this forum already getting way slower...

Are people hyped-out already? It's not even June yet...

Well I mean, we got a taste and loved it and really have nothing else to add until we can play the game.

I suspect many are playing the beta or stress test, or are watching Twitch or Youtube vids of people playing. I think we've beaten most topics to death at this point.

The thing with Classic is that there's almost literally nothing to discuss, everything is known. You think you can make new hybrid builds in Classic? Nope, everything has been tested and discussed. You think you've found a new farm spot? Nope. New tactics for a dungeon? Nope.

Until the game is out and we can talk about actually playing, there's little to say.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    The thing with Classic is that there's almost literally nothing to discuss, everything is known. You think you can make new hybrid builds in Classic? Nope, everything has been tested and discussed. You think you've found a new farm spot? Nope. New tactics for a dungeon? Nope.

Until the game is out and we can talk about actually playing, there's little to say.
    Pretty much this. I mean, we've discussed every other topic about the game to death already. I'm still hyped, but there's not a ton more to talk about other than bugs and such on beta, and the game won't be launching until August.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Pretty much this. I mean, we've discussed every other topic about the game to death already. I'm still hyped, but there's not a ton more to talk about other than bugs and such on beta, and the game won't be launching until August.
    Yep. I mean, so many topics have been discussed to death that even combinations of those discussions have been discussed to death. Example: what class is the fastest to level with? Ok, but what COMBINATION of classes is the best to level with? etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a nice change from 20 new threads per day on what should be changed in Classic.

I'd imagine a lot of people are just keeping their heads down until release to avoid hype burn-out before it even comes out, 100 days is a very long time to focus on the same subject on a daily basis.

To be totally honest, i think the game design is better, but most of us, we did all that stuff already, do you really want to go back to do it all over again? I just really don't want to waste my time on classic. I played a bit on beta and the time it took me to get a single tag on a mob was enough for me to quit playing it, the grind, man, the grind, i don't think in my adult life i have the same time. Classic wow has everything better than bfa, but at same time, i don't feel like going back to this old zones, doing this old raids, something i have seen over and over, i prefer retail because it adds something new everytime, classic won't have "something new", the story is the same as it was, raids and dungeons... I just feel it's a waste of time, maybe if you're having a lot nostalgia, is good for a while, but more than that, idk man. This section won't have much to add tbh.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annka View Post
    To be totally honest, i think the game design is better, but most of us, we did all that stuff already, do you really want to go back to do it all over again? I just really don't want to waste my time on classic. I played a bit on beta and the time it took me to get a single tag on a mob was enough for me to quit playing it, the grind, man, the grind, i don't think in my adult life i have the same time. Classic wow has everything better than bfa, but at same time, i don't feel like going back to this old zones, doing this old raids, something i have seen over and over, i prefer retail because it adds something new everytime, classic won't have "something new", the story is the same as it was, raids and dungeons... I just feel it's a waste of time, maybe if you're having a lot nostalgia, is good for a while, but more than that, idk man. This section won't have much to add tbh.
    To each their own. I quit in Cata but miss playing wow every night for a few hours. Been wanting to come back, but the modern game is just too much for me. I would not know where to start. Classic works out nicely for me. Except the dps classes will be cookie cutter and hybrids will will pretty much heal.
    But we will see how it shakes out.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The beta is on a bit of a lull. There isn’t much to do at 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    If you ever find yourself asking a ”is it me or...” question then the answer is yes. It is just you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    To each their own. I quit in Cata but miss playing wow every night for a few hours. Been wanting to come back, but the modern game is just too much for me. I would not know where to start. Classic works out nicely for me. Except the dps classes will be cookie cutter and hybrids will will pretty much heal.
    But we will see how it shakes out.
    I understand that. It's hard to even make my friends play, so much to level up and it's a race to max level for the content to not be even that great. I payed my cousin all expansions, he got tired after a week. On classic that wouldn't have happened, i mean, if he started on classic. Modern game is for "casuals" but at same time, it doesn't feel like it, not in terms of game design, but because it doesn't hook new players easy, it hooks the old wow players because of the nostalgia. Most of the people that are new, just buy all expansions, get a boost to 100 (legion) and 110 (bfa) and start from there, start making some gold, buy heirlooms, level some other classes/races and then starts getting tired. It doesn't hook much, but it offers new content and new stories that are amazing, in BfA SO FAR nothing hooked me much until N'zoth and now safe haven trailer made me proud of horde, but you know, that's me, a nerd that loves the lore and knows everything about wow lore.

Hi /v/ 10characters
    Yohohoho

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    It is a nice change from 20 new threads per day on what should be changed in Classic.
    That or arguments about prot paladins tanking raids lol.

This forum hasn't been very active for a long time. Biggest reason is probably that a big majority of MMO-Champion posters are against Classic in some way, so the most activity we get here are trolls who just post to shit on Classic in some way (which mods generally won't do anything about) or we get threads about the same topics over and over like demanding changes for example. People are not really very interested in Classic as a game here. There are also really not that many people playing the beta so there isn't much to talk about in that case beside whatever streamers do.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The official forums are just a sea of Streamer Privilege anyway. I'd take slow over that hell.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    Forum activity is down, so is reddit so is Twitch viewship. There is nothing new to see. People want to play.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We've been stuck at 30 for two weeks. Raising the level cap will probably drive the hype back up, but it won't be anywhere near the hype when the beta initially launched. The only big hype levels will be 50-60 and the eventual launch of the game itself. Regardless of what your opinion on classic is, limiting the game to level 30 isn't exactly that exciting (at least for prolonged periods of time).

It's not like there is a lot to discuss either. Everything is known and it's not like somebody is going to come up with a huge revelation. The only threads that seem to get any traction are those where people are convinced Blizzard messed up combat and dungeon damage completely compared to private servers. Which is sort of hilarious because they came out today and revealed that parry is near 10% higher on classic realms, and that dodge is around 1.5% higher than displayed on private servers.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    We've been stuck at 30 for two weeks. Raising the level cap will probably drive the hype back up, but it won't be anywhere near the hype when the beta initially launched. The only big hype levels will be 50-60 and the eventual launch of the game itself. Regardless of what your opinion on classic is, limiting the game to level 30 isn't exactly that exciting (at least for prolonged periods of time).

It's not like there is a lot to discuss either. Everything is known and it's not like somebody is going to come up with a huge revelation. The only threads that seem to get any traction are those where people are convinced Blizzard messed up combat and dungeon damage completely compared to private servers. Which is sort of hilarious because they came out today and revealed that parry is near 10% higher on classic realms, and that dodge is around 1.5% higher than displayed on private servers.
    Honestly I think the streamer hype has sailed already. Unless Blizz raised the cap to 60 and opened raid testing I think if you're still watching Classic streams you're the same kind of person that's still posting here.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)