Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I think Harry Potter did that for him, years before Twilight. It's just that nobody remembers anything but Twilight lol Though Twilight is where he no doubt made all his money.
    The issue is that he has to work his way into serious films by doing indie stuff that no one actually sees. It's a valid strategy but you need one hell of an agent to get you back into hollywood proper. The same was true for daniel redcliffe and I actually like some of his movies, but he certainly didn't pick them all too well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I think Harry Potter did that for him, years before Twilight. It's just that nobody remembers anything but Twilight lol Though Twilight is where he no doubt made all his money.
    Kinda. Because Harry Potter is what got him the role in Twilight. However, I think if he'd JUST played Diggory, he never would have been as huge as he became. It's that old question of "Does having a smaller part in a larger franchise benefit you more than having a larger part in a smaller one."
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    Robert Pattinson is to Twilight what Daniel Radcliffe is to Harry Potter. Both have had success after their breakout roles but it's hard for them to shake off their link to the character. I feel sorry for them both in this regard.
    I will always remember Daniel as a farting corpse now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this could be really interesting, but so much depends on the angle they are taking, how it is written and whether they have any actual reason to tell more Batman stories on film or just want to make more guaranteed money.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a great actor, he has had some stellar performances outside of Twilight. Definitely seeing him winning a couple Oscars in the future, but a superhero movie, shit can backfire.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    He's a great actor, he has had some stellar performances outside of Twilight. Definitely seeing him winning a couple Oscars in the future, but a superhero movie, shit can backfire.
    Especially with DC and them still struggling to actually find a good formula..

I will remain optimistic about the role until we see some more pictures and teasers. I thought Ben Affleck did just fine in the role, but he was too old to be cast in the DCEU to be able to continue to play that role for a long period though. I suppose RDJ was in his mid 40's when he was cast as IM, but he wears a suit, so the physicality of the role isn't entirely required.

If the only choose is ben or robert, its pretty much same same. Heck, i can do it instead

not sure if its been mentioned yet, but Pattison is far FAR better actor than people give him credit for. he's done a whole bunch of less known indi movies and he was actualy pretty darn impressive in them. and versatile. so its going to come down to writing and directing more then anything else, really.

First preview of Pattinson as Batman

I like this costume so far.

Man, I can wait to see how this director is going to do the Wayne parents' death scene!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Man, I can wait to see how this director is going to do the Wayne parents' death scene!
    Hopefully not at all. Anyone that is interested in this film knows what happened to them: we don't need to see it yet again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    People whinged about Heath Ledger being cast as the Joker, so I am staying neutral until I see him in action (despite having an original hate for Pattinson).
    Could be great, could be average, could be shit.

Who knows?
    Pattinson has done some phenomenal acting post-Twilight, so I'm sure he'll do fine if the script is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG batman enters "twilight" if u know what i mean

10+ Year Old Account
    (From a costume perspective, to me, he seems to lack some of the *bulk* of Batman. Seems to look to me like Tim or Dick as Batman, rather than Bruce, but just personal observation)
    Rumor is this will be early Batman, drawing inspiration for Batman: Year One so him being more slim and agile rather than a walking tank makes sense.

I have heard the same from many, I never really have seen anything or heard since the Twilight stuff, so I am keeping an open mind. All the Batman actors were actually dang good, just the script/direction for some let them down (Clooney, Affleck, and Kilmer).
    We shall see though, and will watch it anyways as I am a Batman fanatic
    After seeing him in Good Time and The Lighthouse, I have full faith in him. He is actually an amazing actor. Also, I am pretty sure he hates the Twilight movies more than anyone at this point.

People whinged about Heath Ledger being cast as the Joker, so I am staying neutral until I see him in action (despite having an original hate for Pattinson).
    Truthfully, people have been whinging about actors cast in Batman movies for 30 years. Started with Michael Keaton.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm mixed, on the suit. I like the armoured look, at the symbol is great, but the cowl looks wrong...

I'm hoping that's an angle issue, though. And I have a lot of faith in Patterson as an actor and Reeves as a director. So I'm still fairly hopeful about this.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sho the ears for god's sake!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The modern fit-suits in costumes are amazing and with a real director in the chair I think this'll be a success. Because that's the real scoop here, not who'll be the actor picking up the mantle. Time will tell.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2020-02-14 at 12:31 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I'm mixed, on the suit. I like the armoured look, at the symbol is great, but the cowl looks wrong...

I'm hoping that's an angle issue, though. And I have a lot of faith in Patterson as an actor and Reeves as a director. So I'm still fairly hopeful about this.
    It reminds me of Daredevil's. Not that I care per se, all that really matters to me is whether or not the movie is good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Truthfully, people have been whinging about actors cast in Batman movies for 30 years. Started with Michael Keaton.
    Yep, back then people wrote their death threats and outrage by hand, and mailed them in with envelopes! There weren't none of this newfangled social media or internet.

/shakes stick at MMO forum goers