Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So you got done saying they had a month long communication black out and then this guy teases something. And how they can't do that despite saying they were communicating before his comment. You are looking for stupid shit to get triggered over. This isn't the first time you've went off over dumb things despite your weird attachment to the game.
    Monthlong before yesterday's livestream, yes. Then Jesse cryptically responds to a post after the stream which only muddies the waters rather than clear anything up.

I'm not "triggered", that shit is stupid. I'm more flabbergasted with how poorly they're handling the game and the community team is performing.

You even say the their is nothing wrong with the statement until you invent a reason to get triggered over it. Relax. Stop getting your undergarments in a twist.
    No, that's not what I said. It being 8 weeks is disappointing, but at least that's clear communication. This followup tweet made things significantly less clear because all it did was raise more questions about what he actually means. See above for a few example follow up questions that he opened the door to with his response.

Again, there's literally zero strategy or tactics behind their communications that I can figure out. Usually there's a narrative that the company is trying to set, a goal they're building up towards with communication, or well...some kind of thought behind what they say. This just seems to be silence followed with mixed signals followed by more silence followed by "Please be excited."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Critisizing an incompetent company is an irrational attack? Mkay. I hope theyre paying you for these posts
    When you do it irrationally yes. Duh.

The testing hasn't even hit the test server yet. Most articles reference how Bioware doesn't want to answer certain questions until testing is underway on the test server. Because clearly things might change based on player feedback. But hey that is being cryptic. Because they haven't said 100% of what will happen on things that might change. Because we take one tweet out of context to swear and rage about a person. Yep not irrational at all. Perfectly fine criticism. No wonder the world is messed up when people handle their anger like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm not "triggered", that shit is stupid. I'm more flabbergasted with how poorly they're handling the game and the community team is performing.
    Several swear word and personal attacks on a guy indicate otherwise. Misusing the word literal is also a clear sign of triggered. Literally all communications haven't said 8 weeks and done. One article even says 8-10 weeks and Bioware will explain more once the PTS gets under way. That was Forbes which isn't exactly a gaming site even though they have decent coverage of games the past few years.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    When you do it irrationally yes. Duh.

The testing hasn't even hit the test server yet. Most articles reference how Bioware doesn't want to answer certain questions until testing is underway on the test server. Because clearly things might change based on player feedback. But hey that is being cryptic. Because they haven't said 100% of what will happen on things that might change. Because we take one tweet out of context to swear and rage about a person. Yep not irrational at all. Perfectly fine criticism. No wonder the world is messed up when people handle their anger like that.
    Imagine thinking its irrational that not liking that the company you gave money to has no idea what theyre doing. Should you not expect a restaurant to know how to cook? ecks dee

They should have just scrapped this game a few years ago. If you spend more than a year in preproduction its already in trouble
    Yeah but they managed to get a pretty decent game in the end even if it displeases the Games-As-A-Service crowd.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Yeah but they managed to get a pretty decent game in the end even if it displeases the Games-As-A-Service crowd.
    Meh. I had to choose between anthem or my kh3 jigsaw puzzle and i did my puzzle instead. Granted im in my old lady puzzle mode.

Several swear word and personal attacks on a guy indicate otherwise.
    I swear a lot, that's not an indication of "triggered".

I think Jesse is doing a terrible job. That's not a "personal attack", that's a criticism of his performance as a community manager. A personal attack would me be going after him for something personal, not something professional.

Misusing the word literal is also a clear sign of triggered. Literally all communications haven't said 8 weeks and done. One article even says 8-10 weeks and Bioware will explain more once the PTS gets under way.

Literal slide from the livestream. Here's a bunch of media pickup of that repeating the 8 week duration -

https://kotaku.com/bioware-shares-ne...ata-1835134388
    https://wccftech.com/anthem-cataclysm-livestreamk/
    https://gamerant.com/anthem-catacyls...tail-how-work/
    https://www.usgamer.net/articles/bio...ataclysm-event

Literally said 8 weeks on the livestream and nothing about any part of it returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I mean personal opinions and whatnot, but "pretty decent" is potentially overselling it a bit. Reviews were solidly "average" from critics, and things haven't really improved significantly since launch. We're over 3 months in and we got some nice QoL updates like being able to relaunch without needing to return to Fort Tarsis and we got a single new Stronghold, but given the amount of work the game needs there's been frighteningly little done on it during this time period.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2019-05-31 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Oh man, its starting to feel like No Man Sky thread 2.0 over here ~ #SeanMurrayDidNothingWrong
    Way too early. We need to look at the game in a year to know how it will end up. Will it continue to be supported with regular content updates. I would imagine that player count will play a big role in that decision.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Way too early. We need to look at the game in a year to know how it will end up. Will it continue to be supported with regular content updates. I would imagine that player count will play a big role in that decision.
    The next “oooooo shinyyyyyy” game will be out by then and nobody will care

15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine thinking its irrational that not liking that the company you gave money to has no idea what theyre doing. Should you not expect a restaurant to know how to cook? ecks dee
    It is irrational to go to a restaurant over and over if you don't think they can even cook. It is irrational to attack a restaurant if they say a special might stay on the menu in some form after the special pricing is done.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I mean personal opinions and whatnot, but "pretty decent" is potentially overselling it a bit. Reviews were solidly "average" from critics, and things haven't really improved significantly since launch. We're over 3 months in and we got some nice QoL updates like being able to relaunch without needing to return to Fort Tarsis and we got a single new Stronghold, but given the amount of work the game needs there's been frighteningly little done on it during this time period.
    I was actually under selling it from my position, obviously you might feel different from your experience but Anthem was one of the most enjoyable shooter games I'd played in a long time and I got more than my money's worth from the campaign with any extra play being a bonus (which took me over 200hrs with more when new content comes.)

It is irrational to go to a restaurant over and over if you don't think they can even cook. It is irrational to attack a restaurant if they say a special might stay on the menu in some form after the special pricing is done.
    So your doing the same thing now u did in the NMS thread......"shocker".

This isn't a restaurant, Its a GaaS game and it will be criticized for being as such. If they can't get on the ball with making content and fixing its overall issues then people have full right to criticize it.

They shouldn't make promises they can't keep "just like the NMS thread" and they shouldn't treat their playerbase like idiots ether.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Trust me, i didnt play the uncooked game much and i certainly didnt think it was good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Literally said 8 weeks on the livestream and nothing about any part of it returning.
    They didn't say it won't stick around either. Which is why there is nothing wrong with what the guy said in his tweet when taken in the context of the question and answers. It would be silly for a company to develop an end-game system only to abandon it after a few months. Yet that logical statement sent you into a frenzy.

The Kotaku article says based on what was shown it will last 6 weeks (a pre-event event still only makes the main thing 6 weeks) even though they show the slide saying 8 weeks. They also indicate the possibility that Bioware is holding some information back about Cataclysm. Gamerant said they gave a rought over view as Bioware wants specifics to be a mystery to allow discovery. I didn't check out usgamer because it doesn't like ad blockers and gave me a whole screen pop up.

Everything they mentioned indicates they were be some testing and figuring out of the event. The comment on twitter doesn't go against anything said. The event can last for 8 weeks but the maps/mission/content can stick around in some form or another. It could cycle back. They haven't talked about what will happen yet. There is no reason to get worked up into a frenzy over it.

Blizzard for example doesn't give every detail at the first announcement of a system or event. Even ones they plan on reusing in some fashion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This isn't a restaurant, Its a GaaS game and it will be criticized for being as such. If they can't get on the ball with making content and fixing its overall issues then people have full right to criticize it. They shouldn't make promises they can't keep "just like the NMS thread" and they shouldn't treat their playerbase like idiots ether.
    Really it isn't a restaurant? Duh. It was a metaphor that I didn't even use first. Like seriously at least try. I never said people don't have a right to criticize the game. I never said people don't have the right to criticize NMS either. Of course Bioware shouldn't make a promise if they can't keep it. This specific case has nothing to do with anything you just said. Not all criticism is valid or warranted. None of the responses in the tweet is treating the player base like idiots or breaking a promise.

I have never once said NMS or Anthem did nothing wrong and is the best game ever. I have defend parts that were not as bad as some made out. Things are not black and white. It isn't Best game ever or Worst game ever.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-05-31 at 06:36 PM.

Really it isn't a restaurant? Duh. It was a metaphor that I didn't even use first. Like seriously at least try. I never said people don't have a right to criticize the game. I never said people don't have the right to criticize NMS either. Of course Bioware shouldn't make a promise if they can't keep it. This specific case has nothing to do with anything you just said. Not all criticism is valid or warranted. None of the responses in the tweet is treating the player base like idiots or breaking a promise.
    It was a shitty metaphor because with a restaurant your spending money each time, With Anthem you likely have only done it once.

No that actual tweet didn't treat the playerbase like idiots but past ones have and as it stands that slide shows the event only going on for 8 weeks.

Here is a simple thing, If it isn't 8 weeks long then they should come out and say as such. The fact they haven't shows that ether once again their communication is shit or it is 8 weeks and they don't want to say it because it will piss off what little of the playerbase is left.

All of this could be fixed by them going ether A) Its not a limited time event or B) It is a limited time event. If it is a limited time event they are a bunch of idiots for doing it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

They didn't say it won't stick around either. Which is why there is nothing wrong with what the guy said in his tweet when taken in the context of the question and answers. It would be silly for a company to develop an end-game system only to abandon it after a few months. Yet that logical statement sent you into a frenzy.
    Given BW's decisions thus far, it's absolutely reasonable to assume this would be a one-off event. Them not even hinting that any part of it would return/stick around is precisely why folks asked about it repeatedly.

This could have all been handled infinitely better if they'd just, I dunno, used the livestream, something designed to engage with a community, to actually engage with the community. Take questions, give some answers on-stream so that information can get out broadly.

The Kotaku article says based on what was shown it will last 6 weeks (a pre-event event still only makes the main thing 6 weeks) even though they show the slide saying 8 weeks. They also indicate the possibility that Bioware is holding some information back about Cataclysm. Gamerant said they gave a rought over view as Bioware wants specifics to be a mystery to allow discovery. I didn't check out usgamer because it doesn't like ad blockers and gave me a whole screen pop up.
    6 weeks of the Cataclysm, 2 weeks of pre-events. 8 weeks total. It's consistent throughout all coverage.

Everything they mentioned indicates they were be some testing and figuring out of the event. The comment on twitter doesn't go against anything said. The event can last for 8 weeks but the maps/mission/content can stick around in some form or another. It could cycle back. They haven't talked about what will happen yet. There is no reason to get worked up into a frenzy over it.
    Your hyperbole is exhausting, dude. This is just poor communication from their part, plain and simple. Nobody is expecting them to reveal all the details, that's in part what the PTS is for. But general information like, "The Cataclysm will run for 8 weeks, with 2 weeks of pre-events and 6 weeks of the Cataclysm itself. Some aspects of this event will be re-used down the line so this work won't go to "waste" once the event ends." is a simple, straightforward, clear message.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was a shitty metaphor because with a restaurant your spending money each time, With Anthem you likely have only done it once.
    I didn't even make the metaphor in the first place. Past tweets have nothing to do with a current tweet though. You can't judge every statement based on every single thing ever said. The tweet and Cataclysm lasting 8 weeks is not a contradiction.

I didn't even make the metaphor in the first place. Past tweets have nothing to do with a current tweet though. You can't judge every statement based on every single thing ever said. The tweet and Cataclysm lasting 8 weeks is not a contradiction.
    Ya you can because one the core of the issues is communication and both past tweets and current shows they haven't learned shit about communicating with the community.

Once again how hard would it be to say "Its not Limited Time".

15+ Year Old Account
    Given BW's decisions thus far, it's absolutely reasonable to assume this would be a one-off event. Them not even hinting that any part of it would return/stick around is precisely why folks asked about it repeatedly.
    And yet they did when asked about it. It isn't unreasonably to think that a major end game system would stick around in some form. Cataclysm is though to be Anthem's version of raiding. Raids don't just exist once and are done. Every time a raid is announced for say WoW Blizzard doesn't also have to say "We will do more raids". Could Bioware have said they plan to make use of the content in some fashion in the future? Sure. They aren't terrible for not doing it though. Very few companies actually make statements like that. I have never seen any online game be attacked for not stating that they will re-use assets until now.

6 weeks of the Cataclysm, 2 weeks of pre-events. 8 weeks total. It's consistent throughout all coverage.
    No it isn't. You didn't even read the Kotaku article you linked. They say six weeks of cataclysm with no mention of pre-events. The forbes article I referenced reported 8 to 10 weeks of an event. It literally has not been consistent through out all of the coverage. And that is using the actual definition with out exaggerations. https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas.../#1174f4347919

Not to mention your own rant is about them not being consistent. Which kind of makes it hard to state with a straight face that coverage has been consistent on how long the content will be around.

Your hyperbole is exhausting, dude.
    Your entire complaint about the tweet has been hyperbole. Could they have been more clear? Sure. But not every developer is required to state that assets will be reused or not. The tweet can be referencing all manner of things that are being kept hidden because of story/lore spoilers. It could change the world as a whole at the end of the event and effects linger on. It could be a rotating thing (like I understand destiny does with some events). It is still a limited time thing for 8 weeks regardless of anything they plan to do in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Once again how hard would it be to say "Its not Limited Time".
    But it is. It is an 8 week event. The tweet does not change that it is a limited time event.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    ... and who gets to decide what criticism is valid or not? you?
    The people discussing it? Hence why people comment, discuss, and share. The entire reason why forums exist. If they can express their opinion on how terrible someone or something is then I can certainly express why they are out of line or getting worked up over nothing. They can certain respond to what I said. I am surprised I need to describe how a discussion works to you.

It was a personal attack on the guy. There were insults about him complaining about his personal twitter being used and blah blah blah. It doesn't matter if his job is to communicate. It is still a personal attack on the guy. It is no different then me saying you are an idiot and dumb for not knowing what a discussion is. That would be a personal attack on you.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-05-31 at 07:33 PM.

But it is. It is an 8 week event. The tweet does not change that it is a limited time event.
    And it being a limited time event is a really stupid idea and that's what people have been telling you. Like seriously have you been reading what people have been saying to you?

You have been arguing that it isn't for pages now and right here you just admitted it is.

This event being limited time is fucken dumb and shows Bioware doesn't have a clue on what they are doing.

15+ Year Old Account
    And it being a limited time event is a really stupid idea and that's what people have been telling you. Like seriously have you been reading what people have been saying to you? You have been arguing that it isn't for pages now and right here you just admitted it is. This event being limited time is fucken dumb and shows Bioware doesn't have a clue on what they are doing.
    I have not been arguing that it isn't a limited time event for pages now. Why can't you read what is written with out creating your own head-cannon? It might be dumb that an even it is limited time. I haven't said it is awesome that it is. Not all things in games need to stick around forever. Limited time events can be fine if done right. There isn't enough information yet to know if Cataclysm will be one. The tweet doesn't change anything about it being limited time. It states exactly what you are saying in this post.

It would be dumb for things to not be re-used or come again. All this time you have been attacking me for defending a tweet that says exactly what you claim people have been telling me for pages.