10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Careful shifting gears that fast. The drive shaft will fall out if you keep that up.
    He can buy a new one. It'll have a 25% tariff on it. Half of the auto parts we import are from China or Mexico, literally #1 and #2 on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    How many different ways do I need to say this? I believe we need to shift our supply chain to other countries as I highly doubt China will ever satisfactorily address our IP concerns. That said, I'll throw you a bone, I also highly doubt tariffs will solve the problem.
    Then do it, but stop trying to tell other companies what to do. If you don't want YOUR COMPANY to work in China, then don't. The second you try and get the government involved to stop other companies, that's a problem.

You still didn't answer the question, you dodged. Do you support Trump's tariffs. You can literally answer it with one word. You dodged. That's like if you asked me if I like ice cream, and I say, "I don't think ice cream will solve the deficit."

Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Then do it, but stop trying to tell other companies what to do. If you don't want YOUR COMPANY to work in China, then don't. The second you try and get the government involved to stop other companies, that's a problem.
    Are you extending same privilege to Russia?

Any company should be able to work there and sell whatever they want, as well as buy whatever they want, and no government should stop them?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr..._theo_homepage

U.S. stock market forgoes $5 trillion in returns thanks to trade war, estimates Deutsche Bank
    Oops.

I like the sub header -
    Missed-out equity returns equal to 12 years of U.S. bilateral trade deficit with China

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Also known as "Two Thirds of a Green New Deal".

:monkas:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This is near the bottom of the ticket form, anyone know WTF it actually is?
    Trumpenjugend?

Probably just tickets to some fluff event meant primarily for selling tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a class at Trump Elementary School

https://www.newsweek.com/us-economy-...anking-1439659

U.S. economy slips from first to third place in global competitiveness ranking amid Trump's tariffs
    So tired of all this winning

The Patient Lothar from accounting's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The party of working Americans my ass... liars and crooks... quick! Send money, guns and lawyers... they will get us out of this mess.
    I'm sure you know you got it a little out of order. To remain somewhat on topic, it's a bit scary how little changing the lyrics would need to be a song about Trump's life, "dad, get me out of this" is already perfect.

"You are not entitled to your opinion, you are entitled to your informed opinion. If you are not informed on the subject, then your opinion counts for nothing." - Harland Ellison

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Oops.
    "Oops" is a mistake. This was intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    So tired of all this winning
    We all are. Some of us are just not willing to admit it.

https://www.al.com/news/2019/05/no-m...s-tariffs.html

Don’t expect everything to cost a dollar at dollar stores anymore.

Reuters reports the Dollar Tree and Dollar General are both warning customers that prices will go up for U.S. shoppers due to rising tariffs in President Donald Trump’s trade war with China. Dollar General executives said the retailer was working with vendors to “mitigate the impact,” but said items will likely cost more in the future.

Even with these efforts, we believe our shoppers will be facing higher prices as 2019 progress,” Dollar General Chief Financial Officer John Garratt told analysts on a post-earnings call Thursday.

"We expect that it will be impactful to both our business and especially to consumers in general,” Dollar Tree president and CEO Gary Philbin said in a statement.

According to Business Insider, Dollar Tree has already begun quietly testing a “Dollar Tree Plus!” collection of products that cost more than $1 at some stores this month. The company, the last major dollar-store chain to keep all prices at $1 or less, said it would expand the higher prices to more than 100 stores soon.

“With its ‘Everything’s a Dollar’ model, Dollar Tree has remained one of the most unique, differentiated and defensible brand concepts in all of value retail. However, we have always been a ‘test-and-learn’ organization that is committed to evaluating all opportunities to deliver great value for our customers while driving long-term value creation,” Philbin said in the company’s earnings release.

Fearing concerns about customer backlash, Forbes reports dollar stares are coming up with new initiatives to drive more traffic, including a Dollar General partnership with Western Union for customers to transfer money, and adding alcohol to 1,000 of Dollar Tree’s Family Dollar stores.

Reuters reports both companies reported strong quarterly sales Thursday, sending shares up about 6 percent, but executives for both companies said the cost of tariffs will likely be shifted to consumers. Other companies, including Walmart, Coca-Cola, Best Buy, Procter & Gamble, Ford, Harley-Davidson, Macy’s and the Gap, have similarly said prices will go up if tariffs continue.

Trump escalated the trade war this month by increasing duties on $200 billion of Chinese imports from 10% to 25%, claiming China backtracked on commitments it made in earlier negotiations. China retaliated by raising tariffs on $60 billion of U.S. products, including batteries, spinach and coffee.

Dollar General has more than 15,000 locations in 44 states, while Dollar Tree operates more than 7,100 stores nationwide. Both have stores throughout CNY and Upstate New York.
    The "More than a Dollar Store Due to Tariffs" name must not have sounded good in meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

The "More than a Dollar Store Due to Tariffs" name must not have sounded good in meetings.
    Yup. It's going to fuck Trump supporters the most. The Walmart, pick-up truck and gun collecting deplorable crowd.

I hope they choke on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump kicking off his campaign at a place named after Amway is a perfect representation. Scam for scam.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Conan had a pretty funny skit on this a few weeks back.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Trump kicking off his campaign at a place named after Amway is a perfect representation. Scam for scam.
    I was literally just about to post this. It took me too long to regain my breath after laughing so hard when I found out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Office of the Inspector General tells DHS to resolve the "dangerous" (not paraphrasing, that's an actual exact word they used) overcrowding in Trump's concentration camps.

A cell with a maximum capacity of 12 held 76 detainees.

A cell with a maximum capacity of 8 held 41 detainees.

A cell with a maximum capacity of 35 held 155 detainees.

Per Border Patrol staff, the total number of detainees on site was approximately 900 as of May 8. The facility’s maximum capacity is 125 detainees.

According to Border Patrol’s logs, there were 756 detainees on site as of May 7. 502 detainees (66%) had been held at PDT for more than 72 hours, with 33 detainees (4&) held there for more than 2 weeks.
    This is, of course, above and beyond the children who were put in concentration camps until they died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    and Amway was how the Devos family made its money

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    and Amway was how the Devos family made its money
    Hmm, now why does that not surprise me?

The entirety of the Trump administration is an ouroboros of corruption and treachery.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothar from accounting View Post
    I'm sure you know you got it a little out of order. To remain somewhat on topic, it's a bit scary how little changing the lyrics would need to be a song about Trump's life, "dad, get me out of this" is already perfect.
    You think that’s scary? Try Lenard Cohen’s Future... he died November 7th 2016... So many lines relevant to OP... “stuff if it up the hole in your culture”... “give me back the Berlin Wall”... “Won't be nothing... nothing you can measure anymore”... “The blizzard, the blizzard of the world... has crossed the threshold”... shit... I might as well quote the whole song... I’m pretty sure this is far closer to Trump, than any Nostradamus prediction people rationalized as seeing the future...

“And all the lousy little poets
    Coming round
    Tryin' to sound like Charlie Manson
    And the white man dancin'”

Edit: I should note, I link a lot of music and it’s always relevant to topic, based on either theme or lyrics. Rarely do people ask, so I’m guessing most think it’s spam... Well... ask next time...
    Last edited by Felya; 2019-06-01 at 01:26 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Not just Dollar Store. Also Costco, which is a legit good store with well-paid employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    He still will win again, to bad betting money on it will not give much return
    The only bet where betting zero still makes you lose money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Considering all the other stuff going on, this is a minor point, but it's hilariously Trumpian.

There are rules about what counts for SNAP. The USDA in 2001 set up rules that say, if a store wants to accept SNAP, they must carry seven items of each of the four basic food groups, and also, at least two of those groups must have perishable items stocked. So, milk, produce, bread, that sort of thing.
    The man that doesn't understand grocery stores also doesn't understand basic food groups, why is that not surprising? Congrats @DocSavageFan, you voted for this idiocy.

This isn't about capitalism, nor taxes...it's about protecting IP. And I think it's "pretty sad" that you so easily jump to dumb strawman conclusions.
    Was that what this was about? I thought it was because China was a currency manipulator, which Trump still hasn't labeled them as.

- - - Updated - - -

How many different ways do I need to say this? I believe we need to shift our supply chain to other countries as I highly doubt China will ever satisfactorily address our IP concerns. That said, I'll throw you a bone, I also highly doubt tariffs will solve the problem.
    Christ, you still couldn't answer a simple yes or no.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Breccia;51256211]
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    I'm sure @Jeezy911, @Dacien, and @PrimaryColor all have perfect reasons as to how Trump is doing so good and for voting for the real life version of Annoying Orange.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866