Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    TIME = EFFORT

Repeat until you understand this
    You are one dense motherfucker.

I spend hours every week raiding Mythic. You spend hours every week killing world mobs. My TIME SPENT is in DIFFICULT CONTENT. Therefore my rewards are high level. Your TIME SPENT is in the EASIEST CONTENT IN THE GAME. Therefore your rewards are dogshit. It doesn't matter HOW LONG YOU SPEND DOING EASY CONTENT BECAUSE IT IS EASY CONTENT. Your "effort" is wasted because your content is a fucking joke. If I spend the same amount of time as you doing actually difficult content then I deserve better rewards. You don't deserve shit.

Benthic gear really should be between LFR Eternal Palace and Normal. World content being an equivalent end game progression track alongside M+ and sub-Mythic raiding is one of the things wrecking the game.

Quote Originally Posted by temple1906 View Post
    You are one dense motherfucker.

I spend hours every week raiding Mythic. You spend hours every week killing world mobs. My TIME SPENT is in DIFFICULT CONTENT. Therefore my rewards are high level. Your TIME SPENT is in the EASIEST CONTENT IN THE GAME. Therefore your rewards are dogshit. It doesn't matter HOW LONG YOU SPEND DOING EASY CONTENT BECAUSE IT IS EASY CONTENT. Your "effort" is wasted because your content is a fucking joke. If I spend the same amount of time as you doing actually difficult content then I deserve better rewards. You don't deserve shit.
    Oh really? Then tell me kind sir...how many hours do you spend Mythic raiding per week? No bullshit plz.

(this should be fun)

Oh really? Then tell me kind sir...how many hours do you spend Mythic raiding per week? No bullshit plz.

(this should be fun)
    9 hours doing the most difficult content in the game. You spend, let me guess, upwards of 15 hours a week grinding world shit. You will now say you deserve better gear than me because you spend more time grinding, right? Except what you're spending your time on is the easiest content in the game. It takes absolutely no skill whatsoever to do. But you will still, somehow, reply to this post implying that what you do is more worthy of good gear than mythic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by temple1906 View Post
    9 hours doing the most difficult content in the game. You spend, let me guess, upwards of 15 hours a week grinding world shit. You will now say you deserve better gear than me because you spend more time grinding, right? Except what you're spending your time on is the easiest content in the game. It takes absolutely no skill whatsoever to do. But you will still, somehow, reply to this post implying that what you do is more worthy of good gear than mythic raiding.
    I only agree with Benthic being of Heroic quality gear. Not Mythic.
    So the better question would be how many hours you spend doing Heroic.

But whatever.

You spend 9 hours, i would spend 21 hours.

For the love of God, time is money...time is effort. Its a freaking journey of farming everyday.

EDIT:

Then why not remove all world content from the game? Why tha hell does it exist?
    Remove freaking Azeroth from the map.
    Why have a ground to walk on? Just make it a blank space with entrances to raids where all the loot drop from.
    Why have world quests?
    So we spend 1 hour a day playing the game just to "bottom feed" on others leftovers.

Yeah bro, i should just eat your crap because you are a raider and i must be weaker than you.

Why waste time designing Mechagon? Nazjatar? Why? Whats the point?
    Raids man, UUUH RAIDS man. RAids its where its at. Its where all the fun is. Where the TRUE game is played.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-06-01 at 09:04 AM.

Who is asking for LFR to reward higher item level?

Im not

But i think someone farming on 4-5 different characters everyday for months, hundreds of hours put into farming...deserve all the gear in the world.
    It's a direct comparison. You're doing the lowest difficulty content in the game(open world farming), but you want the same level of gear as someone doing more difficult content(higher end M+ and non-LFR raiding).

It doesn't matter how much time you spend. If all you're doing is the weakest content, all you'll ever deserve is the weakest reward. You put in hundreds of hours of weaksauce, you'll get hundreds of weaksauce rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It's a direct comparison. You're doing the lowest difficulty content in the game(open world farming), but you want the same level of gear as someone doing more difficult content(higher end M+ and non-LFR raiding).

It doesn't matter how much time you spend. If all you're doing is the weakest content, all you'll ever deserve is the weakest reward. You put in hundreds of hours of weaksauce, you'll get hundreds of weaksauce rewards.
    winterspring frostsaber mount reputation farm in classic

Playing 1.5 hours a day will take you ~131 days to reach Exalted
    Playing 3 hours a day will take you ~99 days to reach Exalted
    Playing 4.5 hours a day will take you ~66 days to reach Exalted

No effort?

edit: before you reply, do not say this farm doesnt reward gear. Thats besides the point. My question is...does this farm require effort?
    Plz answer if this farm requires effort or not.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-06-01 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    God i really hate this gear system.

It is gonna make doing heroics or normals pretty meh of a reward experience O.o I really don't understand why they are watering down the reward-structure of their entire end-game content pool, by adding these easy to get high lvl items. I can do with a few items of high item lvl being gained from open world content, but it just feels like Blizzard is trying really hard to remove the gear incentive from both normal and heroic raiding.

While the time it takes to get the gear will somewhat impact its effect, it would be a bad system in itself if you could not get some pieces within a week. I can already see my guild and i jumping into normal eternal palace and finding the gear drops mostly useless. And while Heroic will give rewards, 5 item lvls is not a big increase for taking down bosses, that often take some time on progression.
    They are simply giving you an extra choice.
    Also, remember that through emissary quests and also world quests ( because titanforging could happen ), you were always been able to reach 400 ilvl, like heroic/mythic.

There are only 2 things different now

1- 5 ilvl less than heroic and mythic
    1- since it's an upgrade system, there's no chance for titanforging ( so 425 is and it will remain ).

No effort?

Hello? Am i speaking with a human? Hello? Do you understand time? Time spent in a videogame is effort.
    Do you need more examples?

edit: before you reply, do not say this farm doesnt reward gear. Thats besides the point. My question is...does this farm require effort?
    Plz answer if this farm requires effort or not.
    You know you work with limited amounth of stuff what will you earn rep right per day right? You cant grind it limitlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    You know you work with limited amounth of stuff what will you earn rep right per day right? You cant grind it limitlessly.
    Besides the point. Imagine there is no competition

Does it require effort or not?

No effort?

Hello? Am i speaking with a human? Hello? Do you understand time? Time spent in a videogame is effort.
    Do you need more examples?

You're confusing the concept of time spent with challenge or effort. I fart at least once a day. Add up all the time I spend farting over my life and it's a LOT. But none of it required any effort, and it sure as hell wasn't challenging.

And keep in mind, I'm not saying that you shouldn't get ANY reward. I'm just saying that the reward should match the effort. Farming the frostsaber takes time, but requires almost no effort. You can complete that task with auto-attacks. It has almost no challenge, and the reward is likewise low-end. It's just another mount that literally anyone can get, and there are over 400 mounts.

But what you're saying is that you deserve raid-level rewards just for logging in and farting once a day.

You're confusing the concept of time spent with challenge or effort. I fart at least once a day. Add up all the time I spend farting over my life and it's a LOT. But none of it required any effort, and it sure as hell wasn't challenging.

And keep in mind, I'm not saying that you shouldn't get ANY reward. I'm just saying that the reward should match the effort. Farming the frostsaber takes time, but requires almost no effort. You can complete that task with auto-attacks. It has almost no challenge, and the reward is likewise low-end. It's just another mount that literally anyone can get, and there are over 400 mounts.

But what you're saying is that you deserve raid-level rewards just for logging in and farting once a day.
    You simply dont understand the concept of time in real life.

winterspring frostsaber mount reputation farm in classic requires no effort...confirmed by you.
    You know that the "gameplay time" in real life is limited right?
    Those 1.5 / 3 / 4.5 hours spent farming the mount PER day...are time spent DOING this one thing...and not doing anything else?

And comparing winterspring frostsaber mount reputation farm in classic to farts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Benthic gear really should be between LFR Eternal Palace and Normal. World content being an equivalent end game progression track alongside M+ and sub-Mythic raiding is one of the things wrecking the game.
    Only if you acquire it all in a few hours of playing. If you have to farm currency to upgrade it 5 times each, this design would be completely retarded.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    They are simply giving you an extra choice.
    Also, remember that through emissary quests and also world quests ( because titanforging could happen ), you were always been able to reach 400 ilvl, like heroic/mythic.

There are only 2 things different now

1- 5 ilvl less than heroic and mythic
    1- since it's an upgrade system, there's no chance for titanforging ( so 425 is and it will remain ).
    There is a big difference between slowly, very slowly, getting item lvl 400 gear through weekly events, with one new upgrade coming each or 2nd week, and then being able to farm that same gear from day one and get it within a rather short amount of time. I simply fear, that by the time Eternal Palace comes out and my very average guild has started to progress through heroic, or even normal, i will be stocked out in the gear, that makes the raid rewards seem very "meh". It will make my experience worse overall and make me less inclined to continue the climb.

If you give a player a choice when it comes to getting the same reward, players will often turn to the quickest, easiest and least demanding for them, even if it gives them the worse player experience. This is game design 1-0-1. It is the job of the developer to trick the player into having fun and push them on to a path, that is enjoyable and, with MMOs, lasting for a long time.

While i am happy, that they reduced it to 425, it still does impact the reward structure of especially the raid enviroment. Imagine if doing heroic only gave items, that were 5 item lvls higher than normal. People would find it much harder to push themselfs to do the harder content.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

You simply dont understand the concept of time in real life.

winterspring frostsaber mount reputation farm in classic requires no effort...confirmed by you.
    You know that the "gameplay time" in real life is limited right?
    Those 1.5 / 3 / 4.5 hours spent farming the mount PER day...are time spent DOING this one thing...and not doing anything else?

And comparing winterspring frostsaber mount reputation farm in classic to farts?
    I understand time perfectly. You just seem to think "Time Spent" trumps everything. It doesn't. And basing a game on time spent being greater than anything else results in exactly the thing you said would make you quit: A chinese gold-farming game.

There's almost no effort involved. Log in. Kill some non-elite trash. Turn-in. The only elite mobs are not even required, but just increase the amount of rep per day, and can be solo'd by a smart player with relatively decent gear.

The reward matches the effort: A re-skin of every other nightsaber available anywhere else for gold.

But you want more than that. You want gear that's equal of stuff that drops from a heroic raid....because you logged in each day and solo'd some non-elite trash mobs? Sorry, that's not fair at all. You're literally asking for the game to be worse. Why would anyone EVER raid for gear if they could just faceroll trash mobs?
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-06-01 at 11:10 AM.

But you want more than that. You want gear that's equal of stuff that drops from a heroic raid....because you logged in each day and solo'd some non-elite trash mobs? Sorry, that's not fair at all. You're literally asking for the game to be worse.
    The game will be worse for who? For you? Why?
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-06-01 at 11:16 AM.

The game will be worse for who? For you?
    For most of the players.

Remove all challenge and you remove all reason to play.

players that want top gear for doing solo trivial content are and have been a bane for this game.

Bashing world mobs and getting near heroic raiding gear is bullcrap. The extreme casualisation of the game with noobs feeling entitled to everything because "hey I pay a sub as well", is what caused this game to go downhill with idiotic developers and game designers trying to cater to the extremes.

The only satisfaction is that the gear is crap, wont serve for anything but alt catch up and cannot titanforge. At least they wont have access to top trinkets and weapons since these will be in raid and the best will be on mythic. again unreachable by these types.

Classic wow will likely be a major success because there is no place for catch-up or cathering for those that do not put in the effort to farm, get into a guild and do shit.

Yeah, the " I like to play solo crowd, I hate guilds" in a flipping mmo, is another subject entirely.

note: massive disctinction between noobs (unskilled players) and casuals (not enough time to play).

For most of the players.

Remove all challenge and you remove all reason to play.
    Untrue. Heroic raiding community is the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You finished a slot in your gear that is 30 ilvls below loot cap?

Talk about setting your bar low my dude. Also considering all of my alts have at least 1 425 TF(which is 455 equiv for the patch) and multiple 420 TFs(450 equiv for the patch) just from heroic raiding, it's not nearly as low of a % as you want it to be but keep on thinking this benthic armor is good, it's really quite shit.

- - - Updated - - -

It all makes sense now, you actually don't play the game. Because no one still playing this game uses god awful recount anymore.

As I said, I'm tired of titanforging and raiding being the only option. I will fill out my slots and be done. I like having a hard cap to my gear, Benthic gear having a hard end gives me a goal to follow. I am done with this horribly design RNG slot machine of loot. If I get better, awesome, if I fill my slots with this stuff. I'm good.

You bring up raiding again and again. It's why I am starting to dislike this game, It's all just a raid treadmill. I'm getting tired of it, as someone who adored raiding for years (I had AOTC for Xavius before I fell out of love with it), I want open world to be viable and blizzard not to babysit the mythic raiders who cry about too much good loot coming from the open world.

They themselves said LFR is the only reason that raiding as gotten as much attention as it has (I believe it was at the Q&A during the WoD blizzcon.). You overestimate how many people are raiders. This game is a haven for casuals, Heroic raiding isn't casual (Even if its not hard). Go ahead and farm heroic for your 0.0005% titanforge, I won't be and i'll be happier for it.