Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pre Made Vs Casuals

Every one solo queue at the same time on voice chat ...

Solution: Deserter when a player drops queue and allow just one BG queue at a time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post

Solution: Deserter when a player drops queue and allow just one BG queue at a time.
    #nochanges
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

He does raise good points, but yeah people want that authentic classic experience and this is it.
    Xilë - Affixed - Frostmourne

15+ Year Old Account
    #NoChanges

Make friends to play with, and make your own group/premade.

Good point. The exploit will gain steroids in WOW classic. This has been a growing issue in WOW for over 10 years, I don't see how or why Blizzard will fix it, let alone acknowledge it exists. I certainly hope Blizzard does fix it, but I don't see it happening in the near future. And to be perfectly honest dodging is the least of your problems. On live, the horde in particular queue in massive pre-mades - meaning 2 groups of 3,4 or 5. Recently I xp'd the joy of facing off against a 28 man horde pre-made in WGrasp. Circumventing the queue on live isn't difficult at all and I'd imagine the same will be the case in Classic. Pvp on live isn't fair for many different reasons, but at least arena and RBGs exist where players can find a better challenge. That will not be the case in Classic WOW. With so many things on the docket in Classic WOW I don't see this issue being acknowledged or addressed in the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by Luxeley; 2019-06-01 at 04:32 PM.

Arent bgs crossrealm?

Cross realm bgs exist for that very reason.

10+ Year Old Account

People used to use addons for simultaneous queues since vanilla, it didn't ruin anything. How else do you think people farmed rank 1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Hey guess what. If you like to play pvp casually without being stomped by premades you can play on retail where this was partly fixed by the introduction of rbgs. Live by the #nochanges, die by the #nochanges.
    Last edited by Overdispersion; 2019-06-01 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Arent bgs crossrealm?
    Originally (well Im going from TBC when I started) BGs were crossrealm, but sorted into battlegroups. For example I was in Vindication which had my server Hellfire, Sporeggar and I think one more?

Every single AV game, I'd get in with the same people. This lasted for months while I was parked at 60. Every game we'd take point and coordinate the BG. Its how I made some of my best friends at the time. You'd always have the same servers paired with you, not just every server randomly

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know using Voice Chat and saying "Three Two One Go" was an exploit...

- - - Updated - - -

so this dude does a 10 minute video about "Three Two One Go".

and I thought I had no life
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Not sure what the video is complaining about.

This is how Vanilla PvP Rank system works.

0 Skill, 100% time management.

Time management includes avoiding 30 minute games and cleaving down pugs in 5mins multiple times a day.

The 99% is the fodder for the 20-30 people per server to farm their Ranks, thats how Vanilla worked.

The issue is like established in the first sentence(s): It's not about skill, it's grinding honor efficiently.

This is the fundamental goal of the Vanilla PvP system, thus "queue dodging" is simply another method to grind efficiently.
    Want skill based PvP? Gotta ask for Arena, but that's not Vanilla, right?

Sorry, you want the Vanilla Honor system, you get it.
    Seriously, this guy literally says "it turns getting Rank 14 into a mindless grind without any challenge".
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-06-01 at 05:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
    He does raise good points, but yeah people want that authentic classic experience and this is it.
    NoChanges

If we DONT have 12h-18h downtime each week to simulate maintenance day its not classic i refuse to play it.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account

Well, this was the thing back then as well. Nothing new.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I haven't watched the video (by all means flame) but if the issue is premades stomping pugs that isn't an issue.

If the issue is premades queuing into premades and wintrading to accelerate the "win/hour" rate on BG weekends (which will be much more honor/hour than getting a few kills on some rando pugs will contribute) then yes it is something Blizzard should keep an eye on (ha! fat chance) and attempt to manage. All BG queues being cross realm is about the best "simple" fix but if that isn't enough (because the playerbase is too small to muddy the queues enough even with the entire Classic base in one queue that coordinating with any single other premade becomes doable); but otherwise it may take some kind of observation of win rates on BG weekends because a team winning 8 WSG and losing 8 WSG every hour for 4 hours on a WSG weekend is blatant 'exploitation*' or at the very least playing the system in very poor faith.

*Yes, its clever use of game mechanics, take your pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

It honestly wouldn't be that hard for them to code a queue AI that identifies and profiles voice chat queue syncing players based on who they are most seen queuing with and their abnormally high match win rates. Basically once they've been identified, force them into a longer invisible second BG queue that then slowly feeds them into joining groups weighted with more "bads".

Pretty sure vanilla pvp was mostly about farming casuals in premade groups. Actually fighting your equals wasn't enough honor per hour to reach the higher ranks, if there was another group who was just farming instead of fighting.

So yeah, there is a reason we now have matchmaking to determine who gets the prices, but classic isnt trying to make vanilla better. This is the original experience.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Remember back when there were public Ventrilo servers that ran these co-ordinated queue premades for AV? Man those were some fun times joining 30 randoms and trying to time your queue with the latency of Vent and then steamrolling AV with a pre-determined Strat to maximise honour per game.

I don't get all this nonsense, either you want vanilla or not.

Dodging existed back in vanilla. There is no problem with it and the best pvp groups will most definitely gain their required ranks... Its not like those people going for rank 14 and are pretty serious about it aint gonna minmax their game to make sure they get the required honor.

Just stop crying about stuff and I really dislike all of this private server talkers damn, if you wanted a better game than what you are being offered here then just make your own or suggest to blizzard what to change for the next expansion.

No changes we said, that means no changes.