Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not even old normal gear level. This shit is useless, but hey for anyone without friends and the ones too scared to join a group a nice way to get low level entry gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    As I said, I'm tired of titanforging and raiding being the only option. I will fill out my slots and be done. I like having a hard cap to my gear, Benthic gear having a hard end gives me a goal to follow. I am done with this horribly design RNG slot machine of loot. If I get better, awesome, if I fill my slots with this stuff. I'm good.

You bring up raiding again and again. It's why I am starting to dislike this game, It's all just a raid treadmill. I'm getting tired of it, as someone who adored raiding for years (I had AOTC for Xavius before I fell out of love with it), I want open world to be viable and blizzard not to babysit the mythic raiders who cry about too much good loot coming from the open world.

They themselves said LFR is the only reason that raiding as gotten as much attention as it has (I believe it was at the Q&A during the WoD blizzcon.). You overestimate how many people are raiders. This game is a haven for casuals, Heroic raiding isn't casual (Even if its not hard). Go ahead and farm heroic for your 0.0005% titanforge, I won't be and i'll be happier for it.
    For what do you need gear then? You are not doing any kind of content that requires gear so why even bother?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I think your math is wrong.

Palace Heroic gives 430
    Benthic = 425

I dont care, Benthic should have been 430.
    This would give out a message to the world that the game is not all designed around raiding.

It would be a message of a new age. The start of a new Era.

But ofcourse...it must be 5 item levels lower just to piss me off
    Heroic EP will drop 430
    Heroic BoD drops 400

Banthic will be 425

This it's equivalent to 395 gear, if it existed in current content. I rounded to 390ish because 400/430 is the base ilvl drop, and the effective average ilvl is higher due to warforging and titanforging. My point was just to articulate the relative difference, and showcase that with numbers we're currently working with.

Given this gear can be farmed and funneled to a toon you don't even have to really play, I think this is still very, very strong.

Remember Legion's systems?

Dauntless Gear w/7.2: Gave you an 850 piece that could roll up. But you couldn't improve it. ToS LFR dropped 885 gear.
    Unsullied Gear w/7.3: Gave you an 880 piece that could roll up; also couldn't be improved. Antorus LFR dropped 915 gear.

This is probably the best catch up mechanic we've seen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jargathnan View Post
    If you have to kill a thousand nagas to upgrade one item to 425 this will be nothing but a timesink for the antisocial crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    There is a big difference between slowly, very slowly, getting item lvl 400 gear through weekly events, with one new upgrade coming each or 2nd week, and then being able to farm that same gear from day one and get it within a rather short amount of time. I simply fear, that by the time Eternal Palace comes out and my very average guild has started to progress through heroic, or even normal, i will be stocked out in the gear, that makes the raid rewards seem very "meh". It will make my experience worse overall and make me less inclined to continue the climb.

If you give a player a choice when it comes to getting the same reward, players will often turn to the quickest, easiest and least demanding for them, even if it gives them the worse player experience. This is game design 1-0-1. It is the job of the developer to trick the player into having fun and push them on to a path, that is enjoyable and, with MMOs, lasting for a long time.

While i am happy, that they reduced it to 425, it still does impact the reward structure of especially the raid enviroment. Imagine if doing heroic only gave items, that were 5 item lvls higher than normal. People would find it much harder to push themselfs to do the harder content.
    That your problem dude.

Slow down for a minute and realize that you are upset because, given different paths, the majority of players take the easier one.

Then realize that it's mostly the same for everything.

- Mythic+ will go with warrior/druid/melee, because it's easier.
    - Some raid encounters go with a specific setup ( x healers, a specific class as tank/dps/healer, ranged above melee and viceversa, etc... )

And we could also add stuff like

- 1 mythic per week because of granted chest and titan residuum
    - Stop doing arena/rbg once the cap is reached ( chest )
    - Only the first mythic boss because easier than the others

etc...

So, just chill and don't give a duck what the others prefer to do

Also about the cap I also don't see problem if somebody gets the same ilvl through m+, world or raids.

- M+ and Raids have both the same tool which is raider.io. You have the equip but not the skill? Everybody will know that you are not the right choice for a specific encounter.

- Battlegrounds will have more players with 400+ ivl ( since blizzard doesn't realize that pvp needs the same stuff for everybody ).

- The single's progression won't affect anybody else.
    Last edited by Gatto; 2019-06-01 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jargathnan View Post
    Heroic EP will drop 430
    Heroic BoD drops 400

Banthic will be 425

This it's equivalent to 395 gear, if it existed in current content. I rounded to 390ish because 400/430 is the base ilvl drop, and the effective average ilvl is higher due to warforging and titanforging. My point was just to articulate the relative difference, and showcase that with numbers we're currently working with.

Given this gear can be farmed and funneled to a toon you don't even have to really play, I think this is still very, very strong.

Remember Legion's systems?

Dauntless Gear w/7.2: Gave you an 850 piece that could roll up. But you couldn't improve it. ToS LFR dropped 885 gear.
    Unsullied Gear w/7.3: Gave you an 880 piece that could roll up; also couldn't be improved. Antorus LFR dropped 915 gear.

Thanks for the math

So basically people here are mad if i was able to get equivalent item level 400 of todays patch.

When a PvP'er with 500 rating is able to get 400 item level in all slots.

Why would i want to do this farm then? If i already have one ilvl 398 character right now?
    8.2 will give me "nothing new"
    I will just farm like a maniac for hours when i could be doing tons of other things i enjoy.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-06-01 at 05:35 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    That your problem dude.

Slow down for a minute and realize that you are upset because, given different paths, the majority of players take the easier one.

Then realize that it's mostly the same for everything.

- Mythic+ will go with warrior/druid/melee, because it's easier.
    - Some raid encounters go with a specific setup ( x healers, a specific class as tank/dps/healer, ranged above melee and viceversa, etc... )

And we could also add stuff like

- 1 mythic per week because of granted chest and titan residuum
    - Stop doing arena/rbg once the cap is reached ( chest )
    - Only the first mythic boss because easier than the others

etc...

So, just chill and don't give a duck what the others prefer to do

Also about the cap I also don't see problem if somebody gets the same ilvl through m+, world or raids.

- M+ and Raids have both the same tool which is raider.io. You have the equip but not the skill? Everybody will know that you are not the right choice for a specific encounter.

- Battlegrounds will have more players with 400+ ivl ( since blizzard doesn't realize that pvp needs the same stuff for everybody ).

- The single's progression won't affect anybody else.
    So me not liking a game is my problem? For a company, that wants money, it really is their problem. That is why we give feedback, to make a product become better so that we are more likely to pay for it.

Gamers in nearly all situations, are gonna do what is easier, so you are saying if taking the easier path makes the game suck, its just the problems of players? You are making it sound like i am mad, that other people make different choices, but i don't care about that. All i am talking about is my own experience and the quaility of experience Blizzard promotes, when they allow gear to be easily gained and what reward structure this creates.

Raider Io and Battlegrounds have nothing to do with reward structure. I am not talking about the static experience of raiding or doing PVP, but the journey of getting stronger over a period of time, by doing a serious of entertaining tasks. The single persons progression is affected by this, because it neutralizes the rewards of content, making that content less rewarding to do and thereby less inviting.

So....Got anymore i need to shoot down? When talking about player experience, unless people are doing something extraordenary, don't EVER talk about "Its just your problem dude" >< its just a dumb statement.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty glad it got nerfed. You shouldnt get good gear for doing nothing

Quote Originally Posted by temple1906 View Post
    You don't deserve good gear for doing braindead content.
    LOL more like your the ones with braindead content that is raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Its not really a nerf its more of they don't want Mythic+ and heroic raiders being forced to do them is all they did with that change good im still gring it out ftw!Pople on the forums still crying its not really a nerf still.
    Last edited by Lurker1; 2019-06-01 at 05:49 PM.

Playing the game for 2-3 hours everyday for weeks/months is "doing nothing" now?

Please get a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    LOL more like your the ones with Braindead content that is raiding.
    Random capitalisation in the middle of sentences is the mark of a very stable genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Its not really a nerf its more of they don't want Mythic+ and heroic raiders being forced to do them is all they did with that change good im still gring it out ftw!Pople on the forums still crying its not really a nerf still.
    Yes, its a nerf alright.
    Its now equivalent to item 395...which ME, a totally brain dead person already has on a character of mine.

So 8.2 will literally give me nothing new.

15+ Year Old Account
    Playing the game for 2-3 hours everyday for weeks/months is "doing nothing" now?

Please get a job.
    I have a job, thanks. But yeah, watching youtube while i press 1 over and over for wqs is nothing. Try doing that on mythic jaina

Yes, its a nerf alright.
    Its now equivalent to item 395...which ME, a totally brain dead person already has on a character of mine.

So 8.2 will literally give me nothing new.
    What are you using your gear for? Just curious, as you should be well over ilvl 400 by now by just doing dailies.

7+ Year Old Account

Please get a job.
    Well, you can play the game for that time and do "nothing". The amount of different things you can do in the game, varies wildly in productivety. Me just killing mobs outside of orgrimmar is still playing the game, but im not sure i should get gear rewards for it.

Just playing = rewards, is like saying that just because you are at work, you should be payed no matter what you actually do at your work.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    What are you using your gear for? Just curious, as you should be well over ilvl 400 by now by just doing dailies.
    I do Random Battlegrounds and i like to watch my DPS go up as much as any other person.
    My main has 398 item level

Literally this patch farm will give me nothing new.

In fact, doing mythic + is way more "lazy" than Nazjatar farm. 100%

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Well, you can play the game for that time and do "nothing". The amount of different things you can do in the game, varies wildly in productivety. Me just killing mobs outside of orgrimmar is still playing the game, but im not sure i should get gear rewards for it.

Just playing = rewards, is like saying that just because you are at work, you should be payed no matter what you actually do at your work.
    Is leveling in Vanilla no effort also? Doing nothing is it?

Is winterspring frostsaber mount reputation farm in classic no effort also? Doing nothing is it?

8.2 is a joke now. I wish this game dies when classic launches. This was about to be my perfect patch, and now is ruined.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-06-01 at 06:08 PM.

I do Random Battlegrounds and i like to watch my DPS go up as much as any other person.
    My main has 398 item level

Literally this patch farm will give me nothing new.

In fact, doing mythic + is way more "lazy" than Nazjatar farm. 100%
    So you actually dont do anything but sometimes a random bg.. hm you get gear from that as well right? So you should be good - dont worry.

Seriously though if you do any kind of content in this game you get gear rewards. If you dont do ANYTHING at all, then yeah i guess wow isnt the right game for you to get gear in.

15+ Year Old Account
    In fact, doing mythic + is way more "lazy" than Nazjatar farm. 100%.
    This is why i dont take casuals seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I had AOTC for Xavius
    Is this your way of showing off your "cred"? Heroic Xavius? Xavius was literally the easiest end boss of all time on all difficulties by a wide margin.

In the end though, for someone who doesn't want to do any content I must ask why do you even need gear?

This is why i dont take casuals seriously
    Oh yeah, mister brightside?

How many hours do i have to put into mythic + to be ilvl 400 in 1/2 months?

I tell you how much time it is, 1 hour per week.

How many hours will the Nazjatar gear farm will be?

Hum?
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-06-01 at 06:12 PM.

Ppl crying they cant get raid ilvl gear for doing world content that doesnt require any skill ? Modern WoW xd