Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Oh yeah, mister brightside?

How many hours do i have to put into mythic + to be ilvl 400 in 1/2 months?

I tell you how much time it is, 1 hour per week.

How many hours will the Nazjatar gear will be?

Hum?
    For what you need ilvl 400? For nothing since you dont do any content that requires gear.

In classic you wont get any gear at all. Like literally you will have nothing but greens from quests and thats it. Nothing more. Enjoy that then, i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    For what you need ilvl 400? For nothing since you dont do any content that requires gear.

In classic you wont get any gear at all. Like literally you will have nothing but greens from quests and thats it. Nothing more. Enjoy that then, i guess.
    Glad to see the argument changed to now be "you dont need the gear"

I guess we all agree mythic + is lazy as hell.

I ask you this:
    "Why do you a exclusively Heroic Raider need gear for, once you complete Heroic Jaina?"

Why the hell you need gear bro? Why does anyone need gear? Why does tiimmy need gear?

I need gear because i want to see my DPS go up and i want to put up a fight in PvP.

Benthic gear got nerfed to item level 425

I knew Blizzard wouldnt be able to shatter the system.
    No balls Blizzard. NO BALLS.

This farm better not take 2 entire months to farm.

/spit
    /mad
    /wait_to_know_how_long_this_farm_will_take
    absolutely no reason to whine about. its only 5 itlv difference. its not like its the last tier of BfA so all this gear will be irrelevant in half of year.

imo it would be a mundane waste of time to farm it on alts seeing how without doubt in 8.2.5 emmisaries will be giing out 425 too.

unless you plan to raid/mythic + you dont need this gear. but its good that its out there for people who want to farm it.

5 ilv lower is nice compromise to ensure hc raids feel rewarding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It doesn't matter how much time you spend. If all you're doing is the weakest content, all you'll ever deserve is the weakest reward. You put in hundreds of hours of weaksauce, you'll get hundreds of weaksauce rewards.
    That's arguable but the ratio of time spent versus difficulty could be increased for higher level rewards. Think of XP or currency-based reward systems. If a mythic raider gets 100 credits for one hour of effort and a casual player gets 5 credits for an hour of effort--a 20 to 1 ratio) both can get to the same place. It takes 20 times longer for the casual player.

There's plenty of RPG systems that work like this and honestly, WoW should too. It's just a matter of setting what the proper ratio would be between different kinds of content and levels of difficulty.

This is the heart of any currency-based (whatever flavor of currency you like: XP, reputation, or something else) system. Higher difficulty content could receive the gear reward directly as drops finessing the currency system and time played altogether.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-06-01 at 06:20 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I dunno, that's only a maximum of 8 chests and dungeons to get every slot you need. Seems awfully ambitious
    Except we also have:

players with 1300 rating getting ilvl 400 gear every week
    Overwhelming odds
    Emissaries
    Warfront quest
    random weekly
    world bosses

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, mister brightside?

How many hours do i have to put into mythic + to be ilvl 400 in 1/2 months?

I tell you how much time it is, 1 hour per week.

How many hours will the Nazjatar gear farm will be?

Hum?
    Go do a +20 tyrannical grievioua quaking wcm and tell me how lazy it is ecks dee

Glad to see the argument changed to now be "you dont need the gear"

I guess we all agree mythic + is lazy as hell.

I ask you this:
    "Why do you a exclusively Heroic Raider need gear for, once you complete Heroic Jaina?"

Why the hell you need gear bro? Why does anyone need gear? Why does tiimmy need gear?

I need gear because i want to see my DPS go up and i want to put up a fight in PvP.
    My argument has never been something else.

You dont do any content that requires gear and you dont do any content to get it. Then yes you dont have any gear. Some straight facts as you dont seem to understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Go do a +20 tyrannical grievioua quaking wcm and tell me how lazy it is ecks dee
    i rest my case. You are just trolling at this point.

I dont need to do a +20 to be 400 ilvl in BfA

I just need to spend 1 hour doing a mythic +10 per week.

Good try though, keep trolling

15+ Year Old Account
    i rest my case. You are just trolling at this point.

I dont need to do a +20 to be 400 ilvl in BfA

I just need to spend 1 hour doing a mythic +10 per week.

Good try though, keep trolling
    Its trolling to ask you to prove your point now? Yikss

My argument has never been something else.

You dont do any content that requires gear and you dont do any content to get it. Then yes you dont have any gear. Some straight facts as you dont seem to understand that.
    I NEED the gear to be happy with my gameplay AS MUCH as a Heroic raider needs gear...or as much as timmy need gear.
    Those pesky russian horde players in my random BGs are not going to commit sepuku. I need to actually kill them

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mythic+ is a lazy as hell way of gearing up. There's no doubt about that. Most of my chars are 410+ just from 30-45 minutes of activity each week.

Normal and Heroic difficulties are relevant (in terms of gearing, specifically) maybe for the first month, and will probably in said month have an advantage in ilevel over "Benthic farmers" so I don't see why not just raise Benthic to 430. Wasn't it 430 to begin with?

Its trolling to ask you to prove your point now? Yikss
    Why did you bring up a +20 tyranical to the conversation then?

ilvl 395 = ilvl 425 in the next patch

And i will need to farm like a maniac. While doing mythic + for chests is way more brain dead and only requires 1 hour of my day per week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Denso View Post
    Mythic+ is a lazy as hell way of gearing up. There's no doubt about that. Most of my chars are 410+ just from 30-45 minutes of activity each week.
    Thank you!

I NEED the gear to be happy with my gameplay AS MUCH as a Heroic raider needs gear...or as much as timmy need gear.
    Those pesky russian horde players in my random BGs are not going to commit sepuku. I need to actually kill them
    Then whats stopping you from doing heroic raids to get the things you want in this game? I mean this had been same way since wow released. You do challenging content you get gear to show off, afk in OG or to kill players like you in pvp.

If you wanna do pvp content that doesnt require you to play the game before that you can always play dota or something. Besides that even random bgs give gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why did you bring up a +20 tyranical to the conversation then?

ilvl 395 = ilvl 425 in the next patch

And i will need to farm like a maniac. While doing mythic + for chests is way more brain dead and only requires 1 hour of my day per week.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!
    You call content you actually have to be good at lazy when anybody can do wqs 1 handed eating cheetos while watching netflix. Think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I am one of those casual players (at least if you count anyone who don't raid with a guild as a casual), and no, getting near heroic-level gear for unlosable solo-content is not casual friendly. In order for it to be a "casual dream" the game would have to accomodate content for non-raiders that puts that gear to good use, which is of course something the game has failed to do for years. And no, the f###ing Mage Tower with cosmetic garbage isn't a good retort, because the rewards aren't power based. Of course, if the Mage Tower reward did offer something tangible like a very powerful trinket or a legendary, everyone and their grandmother could solo it within the first day.

Everything outside of raids probably dies in 4 seconds even in i380 gear so what does it matter? Gear only has meaning for serious PvP and progression content, the rest is auto-win regardless. Maybe if there was any sort of bare-minimum challenging content that was available even for lone-wolf players, maybe there'd be some sense in handing out gear that high. But that isn't the case in Theme Park WoW.

Drowning people in gear that far, far outpaces the difficulty curve of what they're doing isn't actually friendly to that particular part of the community, rather it's like a forced godmode.
    Instead of slowly getting gear while doing content that is making it clear you need/want better gear, you're always sure to have gear that makes you a god in any content you're doing, barring heroic raids or high m+.

I simply don't understand how people can find that any fun (then again, considering how WoD/Legion/BFA has been received, players sure are noticing the effects of this kind of design, even if they don't understand the root cause of their boredom).

It's like being stuck in a difficulty mode that is too low, but just because there's challenges in the very top end (again, hc/m raids or high m+) people act like it's okay. This is why you get content that feels like such a miserable drag until you get to "the good stuff", i.e raids. Everything on the way there bored you to tears. Clearing zones, doing WQs, clearing IEs, running Warfronts, killing world bosses, heroic dungeons... all of it may as well have a button in the bottom corner that says "Skip" because you're going to win no matter how poorly you play.

Maybe I'd actually have any urge to do that content if I cared about the journey to get to that point, instead I just know that no matter what, if I jump back in the game after a major update has gone live I can get into the latest raid within two afternoons. Godawful from an MMORPG design perspective and it kills player retention and investment. Players don't care, because 90% of what they do in the current patch will be irrelevant the week a new major update launches (oh, excuse me, season starts) anyway.

You want to make the Benthic gear system into a success? Start by telling Blizzard that you don't want to be an unstoppable demigod the very first moment you step into Nazjatar. Then you'll enjoy the upgrades.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2019-06-01 at 06:39 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

You call content you actually have to be good at lazy when anybody can do wqs 1 handed eating cheetos while watching netflix. Think about it.
    Imagine working 1 hour per week and receiving 5000€.

Thats literally mythic +10 chest farm for you.

Imagine not working at all but beeing mad over someone who works and receives 5000.

You are completly delusional.

Imagine not working at all but beeing mad over someone who works and receives 5000.

You are completly delusional.
    NOT WORKING AT ALL?!?!?!?!

I would be putting 3 hours per day in Nazjatar farming in all my alts? Hello?

7+ Year Old Account
    I do Random Battlegrounds and i like to watch my DPS go up as much as any other person.
    My main has 398 item level

Literally this patch farm will give me nothing new.

In fact, doing mythic + is way more "lazy" than Nazjatar farm. 100%

- - - Updated - - -

Is leveling in Vanilla no effort also? Doing nothing is it?

Is winterspring frostsaber mount reputation farm in classic no effort also? Doing nothing is it?

8.2 is a joke now. I wish this game dies when classic launches. This was about to be my perfect patch, and now is ruined.
    Leveling in Vanilla is a time investment, which is effort, but you are getting a reward in leveling.....By getting lvls.

The same with the winterspring mount reputation farm. It is again time investment and the reward is in itself.

The thing we can talk about, is if the reward match the time investment and the effort it requires. My opinion is that doing WQs and non-challenging world content does require enough effort to match the reward, that it seemingly will give.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

15+ Year Old Account

Imagine working 1 minute and calling people who work an hour lazy.

Thats literally you