Poll: Are loyalty oaths to foreign nations normal?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    We don't do that here in America....as for Texas I had no idea that was even a thing down there.
    Its not just Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Of course you of all people would want to attack capitalism and free speech.

Clearly, your new username is dead wrong. Why on Earth would you support a law that forces people to not boycott?
    People aren't prohibited from boycotting Israel. You as an individual are free to do it. The law doesn't change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breslin View Post
    Its not just Texas
    I have never heard of anybody in my life as a American make a fucking pledge to israel or any other nation.

- - - Updated - - -

Have any Americans here heard anything of this?

I have never heard of anybody in my life as a American make a fucking pledge to israel or any other nation.

- - - Updated - - -

Have any Americans here heard anything of this?
    He gave an example

BTW, people who sign this tends not to be Jews. They are...uh….people with lots raisins in their buns...who have such a litteral reading of the Bible that they assume that to get the end of the world, they need a Israel to get rammed by more disasters than Azeroth, since the Bible says so.

They need Israel, to have Jews exterminated or converted by Jesus at the Rapture. (If the Muslims do it, like a raid boss who does not meet some trigger, Jesus won't get to phase 2 of the raid encounter)

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    He gave an example

BTW, people who sign this tends not to be Jews. They are...uh….people with lots raisins in their buns...who have such a litteral reading of the Bible that they assume that to get the end of the world, they need a Israel to get rammed by more disasters than Azeroth, since the Bible says so.

They need Israel, to have Jews exterminated or converted by Jesus at the Rapture. (If the Muslims do it, like a raid boss who does not meet some trigger, Jesus won't get to phase 2 of the raid encounter)
    Its Jewish Zionists and Evangelical Christians mainly. Theres dozens of other groups of opportunists that just profit off of the ensuing Military conflict.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Boycotting Israel is supporting terrorism by proxy.
    There's no clear-cut good guy in the Israeli-Palestinean conflicts. Israel's just as guilty of going overboard as Palestine, the only difference is we cozy up to Israel because they're more willing to let us do more-or-less whatever the hell we want over there. Calling out the Israeli government when they do shitty things isn't something that should be discouraged; the fact that it is notwithstanding, a blank check never works out to a net positive influence for any government.

Also, forcing loyalty to a foreign power is so ethically shady, regardless of who's forcing it from whom, that I'm not sure where to start unpacking that utter perversion of our founding principles.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Capitalist View Post
    Yeah, contractors probably should be exempt but besides that nothing wrong with the law tbh.
    Your new name fits your views so well.

Texas loves Israel and a lot of young weebs go deep into Japanese Nationalism.

I'm not against or for Israel, what's going on over there ain't got jack shit to do with the average American.
    But it kinda does, seeing as billions of dollars of your taxpayer money is being sent to fund Israel's shenanigans.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I know of but I wouldn’t be surprise if certain scandal riddle prime minster decided to do something similar.

What? Isn't this unconstitutional?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Your new name fits your views so well.
    How is BDS different to sanctions which are bad?

People aren't prohibited from boycotting Israel. You as an individual are free to do it. The law doesn't change that.
    And what does the law do?

https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/85...f/HB00089I.pdf

Luckily, it's already been blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by breslin View Post

Too many Texans have already been subjected to this ill-considered mandate. Last year, this law prompted the city of Dickinson to require residents to pledge not to boycott Israel in order to receive aid in the wake of Hurricane Harvey. After public outcry, the city limited the requirement to businesses rather than individual homeowners.

Is it still anti-semitic to say Jews control the government when your own government won't help you recover from a hurricane unless you swear an oath to a foreign government?
    This is really old news and has to do with a an anti-anti-semitic law they have on the books. If I recall it was something along the lines of if you wanted to do business with the town in any manner you had to not be biased against other races, and in there was a separate line just for Israel/Hamas etc...

And what does the law do?

https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/85...f/HB00089I.pdf

Luckily, it's already been blocked.
    A governmental entity may not enter into a contract with a company for goods or services unless the contract contains a written verification from the company that it
    Your free speech rights aren't being infringed and neither are free markets. Companies have to comply with certain conditions before receiving a contract from the government, this is an extension of that principle.

If you don't accept government contracts you are free to do as you please.

Not much to do with free markets or capitalism tbh.

Your free speech rights aren't being infringed and neither are free markets. Companies have to comply with certain conditions before receiving a contract from the government, this is an extension of that principle.

If you don't accept government contracts you are free to do as you please.

Not much to do with free markets or capitalism tbh.
    You are making my case for me. If you want to work on a contract with the state, you are not allowed to oppose Israel... an entirely different fucking country. It's literally a restriction of capitalism and the free markets.

You leftists and your hatred of capitalism are out of hand.

Oh, and you missed a spot:

"Sec.A2270.002.AAPROVISION REQUIRED IN CONTRACT. A
    governmental entity may not enter into a contract with a company for
    goods or services unless the contract contains a written
    verification from the company that it:
    (1)does not boycott Israel; and
    (2)will not boycott Israel during the term of the
    contract."

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    How is BDS different to sanctions which are bad?
    personal choice vs state enforced, this aint hard.

- - - Updated - - -

You are making my case for me. If you want to work on a contract with the state, you are not allowed to oppose Israel... an entirely different fucking country. It's literally a restriction of capitalism and the free markets.

contract."
    lol at calling the biggest neo-lib on this forum a 'leftist'.

contract."
    Making contracts with the state isn't exactly free markets or capitalism dude. And in that case, there are a bunch of restrictions put in place, unless you think the state should be free to spend money as it pleases with no regard for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    personal choice vs state enforced, this aint hard.

- - - Updated - - -

lol at calling the biggest neo-lib on this forum a 'leftist'.
    It's more just to point to him always whining about leftists, whilst being one.

Making contracts with the state isn't exactly free markets or capitalism dude. And in that case, there are a bunch of restrictions put in place, unless you think the state should be free to spend money as it pleases with no regard for anything.
    Thanks for making my case for me.

This law doesn't say it's for every country... nope, just one.

This restriction just happens to be VERY targeted to one country, and has fuck all to do with Texas.