Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Reporting a mod for abuse of power?

How or where do we report a moderator for blatant ongoing abuse of power? Looking over posts this mod has infracted shows a clear bias for anyone who doesn't share the same opinions as him/her. So where do we go to report this?

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    How or where do we report a moderator for blatant ongoing abuse of power? Looking over posts this mod has infracted shows a clear bias for anyone who doesn't share the same opinions as him/her. So where do we go to report this?
    Pretty sure you have to send a message to a global mod(the blue mods).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

You can go to a global, but they really don't care.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Don't waste your time or effort. They don't care and won't do anything.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Contact a blue mod and link some examples of the perceived abuse of power...as many as you can so that you can make a case for a pattern of intentional abuse rather than just a few isolated incidents. Maybe something will come of it...but you'll likely never know exactly what, if anything at all.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2019-06-01 at 07:43 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Man up. Every side has to suffer from time to time. We had to endure endus. Now you have to endure the counterpart.

Blue mods don't really give a damn about anything really. Just look at those spambots still going rampant even after getting so many suggestions as to how to deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    MMOchamp has literally no good mods with the exception of 1 or 2.
    This sentence amuses me :P

But yeah, all you can do is show whatever proof you think shows their abuse to someone higher up and hope they do something about it

The MMOchampion mods are horribly bad at what they do. Biased behavior, outright inflammatory/abusive behavior towards normal users, biased leans towards moderator decisions when it comes to infractions, etc. All wrapped up in a culture of suppression where you can't openly criticize or complain about the mods, because god forbid the public ever speak out against them; their actions might actually have consequences!

The mods are shit, volunteer egotists who suck at what they do. Not much you can do about it but live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Man up. Every side has to suffer from time to time. We had to endure endus. Now you have to endure the counterpart.
    forums are much worse without him around thats for sure. personally i cant stand all the right wing nonsense and conspiracy theories that are allowed to go uncontested and as a result i have basically quit the forum. and if you ever dare to question it you get attacked since it is right now viewed as presidential standpoint and cant be nonsense and conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    forums are much worse without him around thats for sure. personally i cant stand all the right wing nonsense and conspiracy theories that are allowed to go uncontested and as a result i have basically quit the forum. and if you ever dare to question it you get attacked since it is right now viewed as presidential standpoint and cant be nonsense and conspiracy.
    Yeah, like russia and trump collusion conspiracy that had been going on for 2+ years and has been proven to be 100% false. Oh, wait, that's something you supported...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Looking over posts this mod has infracted shows a clear bias for anyone who doesn't share the same opinions as him/her.
    Do you have any samples, or evidence - because if you don't, then posting a thread or contacting a moderator isn't going to help.

By evidence I mean a real clear bias, not just a "I'm angry perceived bias".

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do what common sense describes. You take contact to a Global Moderator, or use the 'Contact Us' button to get hold of an admin. Then of course you talk and supply proof etc. You don't make threads in Suggestions and Feedback for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    MMOchamp has literally no good mods with the exception of 1 or 2. I dunno if we know if they get paid or not but I hope to god they don't.
    I can answer you that, they don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Blue mods don't really give a damn about anything really. Just look at those spambots still going rampant even after getting so many suggestions as to how to deal with them.
    Honestly, most of our suggestions either limit new users or scatter spammers into other threads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Do you have any samples, or evidence - because if you don't, then posting a thread or contacting a moderator isn't going to help.

By evidence I mean a real clear bias, not just a "I'm angry perceived bias".
    Wise words.

Most moderator complaints I've seen has been because people didn't like that a moderator didn't agree with them, or that the moderator agrees with someone/something else.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Speak to a blue powerful mod. They love to put the pleb mods in their place.

Some blue mods are nasty and stalk posters too but they love to assert their authority over the greens more. Feeds their ego

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Speak to a blue powerful mod. They love to put the pleb mods in their place.

Some blue mods are nasty and stalk posters too but they love to assert their authority over the greens more. Feeds their ego
    Honestly, even though I'm no moderator anymore - I've never experienced a blue moderator act like so. Most ego tripping I've seen was from posters who couldn't believe their post weren't the No.: 1 forum gold.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Yeah, like russia and trump collusion conspiracy that had been going on for 2+ years and has been proven to be 100% false. Oh, wait, that's something you supported...
    Did they actually say it was 100% false? Because the last i heard, they couldn't find enough evidence showing either way (not enough showing it did happen, not enough to prove it didn't) .

Typically, unless its the court of public opinion or mmoc (or most forums), you need indisputable evidence to prove something one way or the other. At least in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Off topic, but let me correct you: Nothing has been proven 100% false and any honest media outlet makes that fact very clear. The situation is that 1.) Mueller can't indict or go after Trump either way regardless of what he finds, Congress is going to need to do that and 2.) There was evidence that crimes were committed, just not enough to beyond reasonable doubt say Trump did it. Republicans currently control Congress, so even if Trump WAS pinned to crimes, he's safe in Congress.

Spreading the lies that "100% no collusion" or "100% innocent Trump" is just malicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Did they actually say it was 100% false? Because the last i heard, they couldn't find enough evidence showing either way (not enough showing it did happen, not enough to prove it didn't) .

Typically, unless its the court of public opinion or mmoc (or most forums), you need indisputable evidence to prove something one way or the other. At least in the USA.
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Off topic, but let me correct you: Nothing has been proven 100% false and any honest media outlet makes that fact very clear. The situation is that 1.) Mueller can't indict or go after Trump either way regardless of what he finds, Congress is going to need to do that and 2.) There was evidence that crimes were committed, just not enough to beyond reasonable doubt say Trump did it. Republicans currently control Congress, so even if Trump WAS pinned to crimes, he's safe in Congress.

Spreading the lies that "100% no collusion" or "100% innocent Trump" is just malicious.
    Let's not bring that in this section.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Let's not bring that in this section.
    Backseat modding isn't cool.