View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by stathwape View Post
    Oh do shut up Slant or at least bother to learn English where you can actually understand what people are saying. It is just tiresome listening to you continuously not get the point as it requires too much effort to educate you to the point where you can understand why you are wrong.
    So... you got nothing. Gotcha.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    So... you got nothing. Gotcha.
    It's a one day old burner account so pointless engaging.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Pretty sure it's actually just one account in the army of burner accounts! Each one as bad as the last.
    the account is already banned; so yes, pointless from start

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    It's not Brexit Party support surging as much as it remaining about exactly where we know it's been for the past 3 years. Around a third of the voting population are Brexiteers and nothing is really changing that.

What the poll shows is that the center can not hold in this realignment of British politics as the Conservatives and Labour continue to shed voters.
    The brexit party is not surging? When in your lifetime has a party gone from nothing to a third of the electorate in 6 weeks? If a general election were held tomorrow it is predicted they would be just a few seats short of a working majority in parliament.

Go back to before the brexit referendum and all you heard from the electorate was that it didn't matter who they voted for as there was barely any difference between Labour and Tories. They were both the same.

You can't say that today and many Tory MPs, and Labour too, are now in the wrong party. Some with gumption like the Chukka and the Soubries did the honourable thing, despite failing spectacularly, others are quite disgusting in that as career politicians they pick the party to stand for that gives them selfishly the best chance of election in their local area, even if they don't agree with the manifestos that that party hold.

These creatures have been exposed by brexit, many are facing deselection right now, others will get their P45's at the next general election.

The Brexit poll was a wonderful thing and politics and the UK are all the better for it.

Drain the swamp!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    With... with Nigel Farage? Really? You think that'd be draining the swamp?

You use the phrase about as well as Trump does, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Won't be long before the next burner shows up, tbf.
    That choice is now vested with the remainers. Either they, as losers, graciously allow Boris to do his thing by October 31st at the latest or they fail to accept their many losses and Nigel Farage will take over and do it his way.

I don't mind either way, it is up to the 75% remainer MP's squatting in parliament, I end up with what I want.

You remainers have a small window of opportunity to unite behind Boris, or else...

Take it or leave it. You won't like the alternative...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The brexit party is not surging? When in your lifetime has a party gone from nothing to a third of the electorate in 6 weeks? If a general election were held tomorrow it is predicted they would be just a few seats short of a working majority in parliament.
    The Brexit Party took that support in polls from UKIP. The party is led by the former leader of UKIP. Its candidates are the former candidates for UKIP. Its supporters are former supporters of UKIP. It is not a "surge". The formation of the Brexit Party was an exercise in marketing and appearance management, and you fell for the cheapest trick in the book.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    The Brexit Party took that support in polls from UKIP. The party is led by the former leader of UKIP. Its candidates are the former candidates for UKIP. Its supporters are former supporters of UKIP. It is not a "surge". The formation of the Brexit Party was an exercise in marketing and appearance management, and you fell for the cheapest trick in the book.
    The Brexit party took support from everywhere, not just UKIP.

And I haven't fallen for anything, I'm exactly where I want to be, thanks to remainers. Why you may ask? Recent polls predict :-

This wld give the following seats
    BXP 309
    LAB 205
    LIB 29
    CON 27

https://twitter.com/andrew_lilico/st...97898624290816

Nice ey? Sweetest, not cheapest, trick in the book if you ask me. And you fell for it.

Here's a poll from a reliable source

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...ecome-party-48

LD winning a general election if this vote happened tomorrow

https://news.sky.com/story/lib-dems-...-ever-11731962

So it seems more likely we'd have a government with actual policies than one without if a vote happened right now. (Although I'd put money on voters shitting themselves walking to the booth and pushing Labour/Conservative at the last moment in fear the other will win)

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The Brexit party took support from everywhere, not just UKIP.

And I haven't fallen for anything, I'm exactly where I want to be, thanks to remainers. Why you may ask? Recent polls predict :-

This wld give the following seats
    BXP 309
    LAB 205
    LIB 29
    CON 27

https://twitter.com/andrew_lilico/st...97898624290816

Nice ey? Sweetest, not cheapest, trick in the book if you ask me. And you fell for it.
    Westminster is not a proportionate representation election. What are you smoking?

Westminster is not a proportionate representation election. What are you smoking?
    It's dribbles raison d'etre. Find a fact that he can misrepresent, misinterpret or generally misuse. Then absolutely go to town on it while ignoring any attempts to correct him. If he saw a piece in "Right Wing News" that told him the sky looked purple if viewed through a particular type of lens, he would be telling us the sky was purple in all circumstances even against the evidence of his own eyes.

I'm looking forward to the Brexit Party standing in a GE and having to publish a manifesto. Do they go full crackpot rascist to keep their core supporters happy and risk losing the rest? Or try to fake a more moderate stance and risk alienating (ironically) their base and then being caught out as they find themselves unable to keep the rascist crazy from leaking out?

Either way this one issue party is sitting at the high water mark of their support. And when it falls away, as it will, I will have one more thing to use to laugh at dribbles. I'm still chortling that he thinks the Tory leadership is going to have any impact on trying to get any form of Brexit through, much less no-deal. It doesn't matter who leads, the gordian knot that is Brexit will confound them all. Whoever gets in will delay it until next year at the earliest, and hope that the opposition parties can manage to get it cancelled so that they don't have to take the blame. Plausible deniability, and all that.

Or they wait for the anti-brexit sentiment to expand enough to make cancelling politically acceptable. Every year that passes sees more of the old rascist vote dying off. The scope of this problem will be solved by time, thankfully.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    US wants access to NHS in post-Brexit deal, says Trump ally
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...dor-to-uk-says

vultures are circling, not only NHS is up for bargain and sale

What Dribbles posted has absolutely nothing to do with proportional representation and is based on predicting the result each constituency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't care what polls say, no party is getting a majority at the next election bar a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    What Dribbles posted has absolutely nothing to do with proportional representation and is based on predicting the result each constituency.
    Well, the person who has predicted the results on a constituency by constituency basis (must have taken him a while, huh!) is Andrew Lilico; right wing economist, staunch Brexiteer and supporter of unicorn max-fac solution to the Irish border. So, pretty safe to say that his prediction can be roundly ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Don't care what polls say, no party is getting a majority at the next election bar a miracle.
    It all depends on who is the Conservative leader next GE. Whilst Mr D has fun fantasising about a BoJo/Farrage govt, BoJo would probably be the worst thing to happen to the Brexit Party because he's going to split the vote in constituencies that would be easy wins opening the way for Labour or the Lib Dems.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Well, the person who has predicted the results on a constituency by constituency basis (must have taken him a while, huh!) is Andrew Lilico; right wing economist, staunch Brexiteer and supporter of unicorn max-fac solution to the Irish border. So, pretty safe to say that his prediction can be roundly ignored.
    The Guardian and The Independent have published similar figures for BP seats based on the Opinium poll results...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...atives-opinium

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8940191.html

... on what grounds are you going to dismiss them?

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    It all depends on who is the Conservative leader next GE. Whilst Mr D has fun fantasising about a BoJo/Farrage govt, BoJo would probably be the worst thing to happen to the Brexit Party because he's going to split the vote in constituencies that would be easy wins opening the way for Labour or the Lib Dems.
    According to the papers, "no deal" isn't an option for most leading Tories. It's only really Boris that has this fantasy, and he won't get the support he needs from his peers to become party leader if he holds on to it.

According to the papers, "no deal" isn't an option for most leading Tories. It's only really Boris that has this fantasy, and he won't get the support he needs from his peers to become party leader if he holds on to it.
    From stuff I can find McVey is the hardest Brexiteer and won't actually accept a deal, then you have BoJo, Raab, Leadsom, Hunt and Sajid who all at least want to pretend No Deal is an actual thing they are willing to see happen.

So I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The Guardian and The Independent have published similar figures for BP seats based on the Opinium poll results...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...atives-opinium

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8940191.html

... on what grounds are you going to dismiss them?
    We won't

But Dribbles NEVER posts from reasonable sources but from far right nut jobs and your replies have always been "Well xyz also said it." expecting us to go out of our way to do HIS job to bring reasonable sources to back up his claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    We won't

But Dribbles NEVER posts from reasonable sources but from far right nut jobs and your replies have always been "Well xyz also said it." expecting us to go out of our way to do HIS job to bring reasonable sources to back up his claim.
    What are you talking about???