Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What if N'zoth dies? [8.2 Spoilers]

So, we know through datamined text that Lor'themar says that Nzoth will rise. For a moment, let's pretend that's a misdirection.

What if, at the very end of Azshara's Eternal Palace, someone Sylvanas actually ends up putting an end to Nzoth before he can even pop up fully on the surface?

What then?

3+ Year Old Account
    That would be a fucking mess of lore. Old gods have always been defeated by an army/ large raid. That’s how much of a strong forces they are.

No way a single “BANSHEE” lets make it clear Sylvanas is not some unique undead. Power wise a Lich would wipe the floor with her. Beside how would she stop N’zoth? With the blade he wants her to have in order to corrupt her?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewshine View Post
    That would be a fucking mess of lore. Old gods have always been defeated by an army/ large raid. That’s how much of a strong forces they are.

No way a single “BANSHEE” lets make it clear Sylvanas is not some unique undead. Power wise a Lich would wipe the floor with her. Beside how would she stop N’zoth? With the blade he wants her to have in order to corrupt her?
    Maybe she drops a mana bomb on him. Or does something with Xalatath, which Nathanos stashes away somewhere on Nazjatar for an unknown reason.

I'm assuming you didn't play the war of thorns where she manages to hold her ground against someone light years more powerful than she is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    I'm assuming you didn't play the war of thorns where she manages to hold her ground against someone light years more powerful than she is?
    To be fair, Sylvanas had an important over Malfurion that came to show all the time after Firelands... Malfurion is a moron.
    He has to fight an ancient enemy he should by thousands of years of experience know he can't handle? Let's just yolo leeroy Jenkins his face. He can call to his aid every single living creature including plants, roots and trees to his aid? Nah, just throw some Wrath, Moonfire and Sun Wrath at people while trusting a small bunch of night elves and a few ancients with the defense of the entire region.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasVonTzeskagrad View Post
    To be fair, Sylvanas had an important over Malfurion that came to show all the time after Firelands... Malfurion is a moron.
    He has to fight an ancient enemy he should by thousands of years of experience know he can't handle? Let's just yolo leeroy Jenkins his face. He can call to his aid every single living creature including plants, roots and trees to his aid? Nah, just throw some Wrath, Moonfire and Sun Wrath at people while trusting a small bunch of night elves and a few ancients with the defense of the entire region.
    I'm sure going bearform and spamming the maul ability is the best use of his powers.

She didn't really hold much. Saurfang arrived in the nick of time to defend her before Malfurion would land the killing blow. It would be ubsurd to suggest that she would be able to be on par with someone who fought Deathwing one on one and survived, beat Xavius three times,hold the whole Nightmare alone during the Stormrage novel and other crazy feats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    While neither impervious nor unstoppable, the current lore of WoW and even back to WC3 has taken pains to establish that Sylvanas is much more than a simple Banshee. She established this early on by holding her own with Death Knight Arthas accompanied by Frostmourne and nearly killing him - and multiple sources have stated that her abilities have grown with time. Harnessing the Val'kyr as well as growing more and more skillful with her own innate Necromantic abilities has created something well beyond the basic banshee template.

That being said, I don't think she's the equal of N'Zoth - though I'd imagine she'd make a powerful vessel for his essence.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    She didn't really hold much. Saurfang arrived in the nick of time to defend her before Malfurion would land the killing blow. It would be ubsurd to suggest that she would be able to be on par with someone who fought Deathwing one on one and survived, beat Xavius three times,hold the whole Nightmare alone during the Stormrage novel and other crazy feats.
    And yet that's exactly what Danuser and the fanboys are claiming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Except in A Good War, which came after in-game scenario and as such is canon under the "newer lore trumps older lore in case of conflict" rule, when Saurfang arrived Sylvanas just launched Malfurion flying into a tree and was in no danger whatsoever.

Also, Malfurion never fought Deathwing one on one. He infiltrated his lair via the Emerald Dream and then ran away like a little bitch. And you accidentally left out the part that Malfurion fought Xavius four times. And while he did win the first three times, in his last bout with Xavius he lost to him and then was held captive by Xavius' mere shade even though he received no noticeable power ups since their penultimate fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    And yet that's exactly what Danuser and the fanboys are claiming.
    Who'd pay attention to canon material like the novels, amirite? That's only for "fanboys".
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2019-06-02 at 11:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    It sounds like someone never bothered to read a good war, who would have guessed.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

It'd kill my hopeful wish that both factions get completely obliterated by him, so not a fan.

It is however the stupid "i bet you didn't expect this!" drivel I expect from the writers on the WoW team.

It'd be hilarious if he died in some cutscene or quest, like Ysera in Legion :V

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    It'd kill my hopeful wish that both factions get completely obliterated by him, so not a fan.

It is however the stupid "i bet you didn't expect this!" drivel I expect from the writers on the WoW team.
    Nzoth kinda forgot to be powerful.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    So, we know through datamined text that Lor'themar says that Nzoth will rise. For a moment, let's pretend that's a misdirection.

What if, at the very end of Azshara's Eternal Palace, someone Sylvanas actually ends up putting an end to Nzoth before he can even pop up fully on the surface?

What then?
    N'zoth needs her to kill one version of death in order to resurrect the other old gods.

The void wants control of death.

N'zoth will either die somehow in 8.3, or open the doors for 9.0
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Who'd pay attention to canon material like the novels, amirite? That's only for "fanboys".
    So since it favors a character you like, you're suddenly ok with them shitting on established lore. Got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post

What then?
    Old Gods don't die. When defeated they sleep. The only way to 'kill' an old god is to purge it, which the titans tried to do with Y'shaarj and almost killed the planet in the process. That's why the Titans have prisons for the old gods and have been experimenting with research facilities(like Uldir) to try and find another way to purge Old Gods and their corruption. The only realistic end I could see is N'zoth being imprisoned within Xal'atath's now empty blade, without them actually butchering the Lore that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

It will. Alleria's going to eat it and be the final boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Old Gods don't die. When defeated they sleep. The only way to 'kill' an old god is to purge it, which the titans tried to do with Y'shaarj and almost killed the planet in the process. That's why the Titans have prisons for the old gods and have been experimenting with research facilities(like Uldir) to try and find another way to purge Old Gods and their corruption. The only realistic end I could see is N'zoth being imprisoned within Xal'atath's now empty blade, without them actually butchering the Lore that is.
    Nope. C'Thun died in classic according to quest text. Yogg Saron says its corpse will haunt Northrend forever, and the living don't leave corpses. Xal'Atath says that Yogg and C'Thun are just as dead as Y'Shaarj is, and N'Zoth is the only one that remains. A recent interview confirmed that they are as dead as anything ever is in Warcraft (i.e. they can setback them at some point but ocnsider them dead for now.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Nope. C'Thun died in classic according to quest text. Yogg Saron says its corpse will haunt Northrend forever, and the living don't leave corpses. Xal'Atath says that Yogg and C'Thun are just as dead as Y'Shaarj is, and N'Zoth is the only one that remains. A recent interview confirmed that they are as dead as anything ever is in Warcraft (i.e. they can setback them at some point but ocnsider them dead for now.)
    Old Gods don't and can't die, quest text from a decade ago vs official Lore books(aka Chronicles) hmm I think I'll listen to the more recent source of factual information. We already know that Yogg Saron is still remotely active, this was shown in Ulduar(when we went there with Magni) and through the Emerald Nightmare which is his "active corruption" and that it will continue to come back(which is directly quoted from Xal'atath). In reference to what you're trying to get at, it's a physical manifestation that she's referring to, we know that Old Gods do not and cannot die, even when forceably pulled out of the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    While neither impervious nor unstoppable, the current lore of WoW and even back to WC3 has taken pains to establish that Sylvanas is much more than a simple Banshee. She established this early on by holding her own with Death Knight Arthas accompanied by Frostmourne and nearly killing him - and multiple sources have stated that her abilities have grown with time. Harnessing the Val'kyr as well as growing more and more skillful with her own innate Necromantic abilities has created something well beyond the basic banshee template.

That being said, I don't think she's the equal of N'Zoth - though I'd imagine she'd make a powerful vessel for his essence.
    When she almost killed Arthas? In the novel the whole thing was one sided by the scourge without any real problem, Arthas in another hand almost killed Kael'thas with his legendary flame sword and being an powerful mage that could match Antonidas or even be more powerful after Outland, besides he defeated Illidan which is wayyyy more powerful than undead Sylvanas.

Now after saying that, we don't know that end-game that is being hyped by the writers but BFA has foreshadow that Sylvanas plans in this expansion will fail, no matter what, so that only leaves some option, her soul will be used as some bridge to the shadowlands, that way N'zoth could enslave some death god or create some version of the nightmare in the shadowlands.
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2019-06-03 at 01:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself