Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Thank to Tauren assist - Gnomes get flying at the start of the expansion
    Aren't we at the middle already?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    In a story written by human beings? Get out of here! So you're telling me the human characters aren't meant to be the protagonists and the remaining races aren't meant to be supporting characters and/or antagonists, and this is only the case due to lack of racial diversity in the writing room!? Someone call Orlando Bloom and tell him not to forget his prosthetic elf ears. He needs to REPRESENT. Lor'themar Theron is obviously supposed to be the protagonist of Warcraft!
    Is this supposed to be an actual argument or...?

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Sigh... somehow i knew this thread wouldn't make it one page without a human potential memester vomiting everywhere.

Lo and behold, the very first post is exactly that.

Jokes aside, i'm pretty sure blood elves are the kings of hypocrisy, night elves are great punching bags, orcs have mastered the victim complex, etc.
    But when you're meming about Twilight in an argument about San'layn, it's all fine and dandy Because double standards that totally don't erode the moral high ground you put yourself on here are swell.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Only thing humans didn't master is voodoo magic. It is said to be the weakest magic in Warcraft universe.
    Shhh. Don't mention that because if Blizz notices their error here they will disgrace the lore with voodoo equivalent of Lucan Foxblood.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    > being this mad
    First of all, great contribution. Secondly, if you can't comprehend the difference between being mad and making fun of something, I don't know what to tell you other than lol x1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Well I think the issue people forget is while humans have some very powerful major lore characters - most humans are uneducated and essentially powerless. They're civilians, farmers, peasants etc. If you want to compare ONLY major lore characters, yes, humans are probably overpowered - but the race as a whole? 90% of them are completely useless in the Warcraft sense - compare that to Orcs for example, even the most basic orcs are fearsome.
    Because in case of other races stark majority of their population is highly educated nobility that excels in at least 3 playable classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    If you think all fantasy is like that you either haven’t read much, or you haven’t read any good fantasy.

Hell your argument only makes a lick of sense if humans were the only playable race, the entire point is that players are sick of bending over backwards for humans if they are Alliance. It has nothing to do with us being humans in real life and everything with blizzard writers being too creatively bankrupt to do anything other than write about how great humans are because it’s easy.
    Totally agreed. Well written response too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiacla View Post
    Do the night elves excel at fel though? Or are you referring to demon hunters?
    It can only mean demon hunters, no other night elves come close, but those ones mastered it better than the demons themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Sigh... somehow i knew this thread wouldn't make it one page without a human potential memester vomiting everywhere.

Lo and behold, the very first post is exactly that.

Jokes aside, i'm pretty sure blood elves are the kings of hypocrisy, night elves are great punching bags, orcs have mastered the victim complex, etc.
    I rofld, you should make a complete list of this...pretty accurate too

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the second paragraph was about trolls, but orcs could be druids too, would be ok, but not great.
    Trolls great at shamanism, I could buy, but druidsm? The nature affection of druidsm is quite new to trolls and is dominated and born out of the elven love of nature. Trolls arent the 'loving' types, and are too new to druidsm to be considered great at it, with nothing in the lore to say they became a great talent with it.

But yes, I reckon orcs could be druids too, it wont be a great institution with them tho, nor is it with the trolls, but they could do.

Druidsm is based on a deep LOVE for nature, not just honour for it, it's a very elven based live based thing,d which is precisely why I now support other elven races picking it up, because all have shown love for it in intense forms
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2019-06-02 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Trolls great at shamanism, I could buy, but druidsm? The nature affection of druidsm is quite new to trolls and is dominated and born out of the elven love of nature. Trolls arent the 'loving' types, and are too new to druidsm to be considered great at it, with nothing in the lore to say they became a great talent with it.

But yes, I reckon orcs could be druids too, it wont be a great institution with them tho, nor is it with the trolls, but they could do.

Druidsm is based on a deep LOVE for nature, not just honour for it, it's a very elven based live based thing,d which is precisely why I now support other elven races picking it up, because all have shown love for it in intense forms
    Zandalari are crying now.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account

the zandalari and other minor tribes practice shamanism way before the night elves even become a thing, the zandalari can commune with ancient loas/wild gods, and transform in their shape, the amani could even mix their troll features with animal ones

druidism is not rlv about "deep love for nature" this is something the player project in their night elf roleplay, even the night elves are not rly the "loving" types, they are a vicious and xenophobic race that kill everything they want, like maiev said, they were responsible for the extinction of races before.

the zandalari and other minor tribes practice shamanism way before the night elves even become a thing, the zandalari can commune with ancient loas/wild gods, and transform in their shape, the amani could even mix their troll features with animal ones

druidism is not rlv about "deep love for nature" this is something the player project in their night elf roleplay, even the night elves are not rly the "loving" types, they are a vicious and xenophobic race that kill everything they want, like maiev said, they were responsible for the extinction of races before.
    I woul say the best segregation of Shamanism and Druidism in Warcraft is knowledge about and the ability to travel to the Emerald Dream. I am not sure if the Zandalari have that. Of course they can shapeshift into Dinosaurs....but Shamans can shift their forms as well, so can Demon Hunters...that is not what defines Druidism. I would argue that in the RP sense of the word Zandalari are not really Druids. The same goes for Kul'tiran, as they have a connection to some freaky death-plane which somehow allowes them to master nature-spells as well...? Yeah, sure thing Blizzard! The NPC Zandalari Druid outside of DA even says they actually worship Elune....yeah....

That is shamanism, night elves did that, and it's not druidsm. The loa started introducing g druidsm to the trolls in cata.., a darkspear priest is taught a few things then told to seek the cenarion circle to learn more, the lore says the loa wanted to start tedeschi g it to the trolls.

I assume, that it is at this point the same loa directly teaches his Zandalari priests... the Zandalari druids are actually druid priests, granted these powers and skills from their loa.

Mechanically they just copy the druid spells, but they are their own thing.

Shamanism as far as I observed revers and respects nature, dealing with natural elemental spirits, which is the area they excel at. They dont even know how to use magic naturally or study it, they know how to deal with elemental who bestow their powers on them or perform the magic for them, they dont love plants and animals like friends nor are they obsessed with nature and the balance. That is a druid order thing.

Shaman live in nature deal with it, and as such shamanistic cultures revere , honour and respect nature, the wilds are powerful and life depends on them, so you must treat them well and respect them, like a hunter respects the powerful prey he hunts, nature can be terrible and friendly, they respect it.

You dont see the fawning over nature and being friends with trees and animals amongst those races like you see with the elves, especially the elves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    I woul say the best segregation of Shamanism and Druidism in Warcraft is knowledge about and the ability to travel to the Emerald Dream. I am not sure if the Zandalari have that. Of course they can shapeshift into Dinosaurs....but Shamans can shift their forms as well, so can Demon Hunters...that is not what defines Druidism. I would argue that in the RP sense of the word Zandalari are not really Druids. The same goes for Kul'tiran, as they have a connection to some freaky death-plane which somehow allowes them to master nature-spells as well...? Yeah, sure thing Blizzard! The NPC Zandalari Druid outside of DA even says they actually worship Elune....yeah....
    there is nothing saying they do not dabble into the emerald dream, both zandalari and kul'tirans

if they are druids sure they can, Gonk by example teach the trolls how to connect with it.

- - - Updated - - -

That is shamanism, night elves did that, and it's not druidsm.
    what? thats literal druidism, what are you talking about?

The loa started introducing g druidsm to the trolls in cata.., a darkspear priest is taught a few things then told to seek the cenarion circle to learn more, the lore says the loa wanted to start tedeschi g it to the trolls.
    thats the darkspear, who was behind even compared to the gurubashi standards, meanwhile we have zandalari, amani, drakkari and other tribes who mastered druidism before.

I assume, that it is at this point the same loa directly teaches his Zandalari priests... the Zandalari druids are actually druid priests, granted these powers and skills from their loa.
    they still are druids, and Gonk teach then how to dabble into the emerald dream
    Mechanically they just copy the druid spells, but they are their own thing.
    they are druids

Shamanism as far as I observed revers and respects nature, dealing with natural elemental spirits, which is the area they excel at. They dont even know how to use magic naturally or study it, they know how to deal with elemental who bestow their powers on them or perform the magic for them, they dont love plants and animals like friends nor are they obsessed with nature and the balance. That is a druid order thing.
    everything with trolls scream "loving and befriend with animals" LUL

they literally managed to befriend the most dangerous animals alive

are you telling me the trolls, with the most advanced and rich empire don't know how to study and could not use magic naturally?

You dont see the fawning over nature and being friends with trees and animals amongst those races like you see with the elves, especially the elves.
    like i said, your concept of druidism is projection of your bias about elves and how you imagine then, this was never a thing.

Pretty much this. I'd add that orcs also have absolute record in frequency of using word "honor" and draenei are masters of uselessness

what? thats literal druidism, what are you talking about?
    I was referring to your first paragraph when I said that is shamanism
    In the context you wrote that wi, I was pointing out this has nothing to do with druidsm, you appear to be saying zandalari practicing shamanism before night elves even came tob e.. that has nothing to do with druidsm.

Druidsm is a cenarius- night elf developed art, focusing onlove of nature flora and fauna the wilds. It has crosso vers with shamanism, as both revere balance and nature, but druidsm is built differnelty and is rooted in LOVING nature.

thats the darkspear, who was behind even compared to the gurubashi standards, meanwhile we have zandalari, amani, drakkari and other tribes who mastered druidism before.

they still are druids, and Gonk teach then how to dabble into the emerald dream

they are druids
    Yes, they are druid, but hey a class is much wider than the game mechanics that represent how they operate in the game world actually is, remember your class abilities are just a model of how a class operates and are more a mechanics based thing.

Saying htat, they are druids, but my point is they are new to druidsm, very new, and I wouldn't count druidsm amongst htem as being a major troll thing. It is rirrelvant if they turn to half animals before.

everything with trolls scream "loving and befriend with animals" LUL

they literally managed to befriend the most dangerous animals alive

are you telling me the trolls, with the most advanced and rich empire don't know how to study and could not use magic naturally?
    Let me clarify, I don't get the impression that torlls love animals like elves do. Trolls love animals like a hunter or a master loves his pet. takes care of them, makes sure they are fit, well fed and well trained. I've never gotten a sense of loving fondness for animals, like a cat lover or a green activist has - that is just not the Troll image,
    Troll empire was the oldest Azeroth playable race based empire, not the most advanced empire, that was the kaldorei empire,
    And I said, shamanism isn't magic based, this is directly stated in the lore, the elemental wields the actual element, cos that is what it is made up of, the shaman s powers come from the elemental doing the work either by bestowing his ability on the shaman (sometimes by possiessing him (it's a spirit) or by actually appearing beside him. This is not to say the shaman can't actually learn magic.
    And I said the shaman, not all trolls, clearly trolls have wielded other forms of magic, including arcane magic shadow/void, light etc

like i said, your concept of druidism is projection of your bias about elves and how you imagine then, this was never a thing.
    You'll find a had time qwualifying that, whiles I am fond of elves and quite like them, druidsm, magecraft and demon hunters come from the elves. Thhis is not to be confused with arcane magic, nature magic and fle magic coming from the elves, I did nto say that, those forces predate the elves considerably, however those classes are

7+ Year Old Account
    I was referring to your first paragraph when I said that is shamanism
    ah yeah thats my bad, tis druidism.

In the context you wrote that wi, I was pointing out this has nothing to do with druidsm, you appear to be saying zandalari practicing shamanism before night elves even came tob e.. that has nothing to do with druidsm.
    i said that trolls practice druidism before night elves;

Druidsm is a cenarius- night elf developed art, focusing onlove of nature flora and fauna the wilds. It has crosso vers with shamanism, as both revere balance and nature, but druidsm is built differnelty and is rooted in LOVING nature.
    And again, this is false, its projection, they are not rly "loving" the nature or life

Yes, they are druid, but hey a class is much wider than the game mechanics that represent how they operate in the game world actually is, remember your class abilities are just a model of how a class operates and are more a mechanics based thing.
    they operate in the same way with the same kind of magic, they just have a different approach

Saying htat, they are druids, but my point is they are new to druidsm, very new, and I wouldn't count druidsm amongst htem as being a major troll thing. It is rirrelvant if they turn to half animals before.
    they -trolls as whole- pratice druidism even before the night elves, they ar enot rly new

the darkspear tribe yes

Let me clarify, I don't get the impression that torlls love animals like elves do. Trolls love animals like a hunter or a master loves his pet. takes care of them, makes sure they are fit, well fed and well trained. I've never gotten a sense of loving fondness for animals, like a cat lover or a green activist has - that is just not the Troll image,
    why would to do all of that if you didn't love then? do you acatually played in zandalari? they love their dinos

where is something different from the night elves? who just befriend the cats there? and the chimeras ina degree

even orcs do love their wolves
    Troll empire was the oldest Azeroth playable race based empire, not the most advanced empire, that was the kaldorei empire,
    based on their time and without any power from the well of eternity i said they are more advanced yeah.

And I said, shamanism isn't magic based, this is directly stated in the lore, the elemental wields the actual element, cos that is what it is made up of, the shaman s powers come from the elemental doing the work either by bestowing his ability on the shaman (sometimes by possiessing him (it's a spirit) or by actually appearing beside him. This is not to say the shaman can't actually learn magic.
    thats literally elemental magic, elemental magic its nature magic, the shaman also use his own power to dabble with this force, thats why they can even force the elements to do their will.

You'll find a had time qwualifying that, whiles I am fond of elves and quite like them, druidsm, magecraft and demon hunters come from the elves. Thhis is not to be confused with arcane magic, nature magic and fle magic coming from the elves, I did nto say that, those forces predate the elves considerably, however those classes are
    the point is druidism is not rly "loving nature hipsters" and trolls practice their own form of druidism way before elves and some tribes mastered then

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Orcs - they know a lot about honor but are terrible in actually following said honor.
    They never had any honor code, they have dozens of different staples of it and the orcs never agreeing on what is honorable or not, yet all the while crying about honor.

I kind of fail to see how that is different from Night Elves, specifically Malfurion, the first Night Elf Druid, being taught by Cenarius; a Loa.

i said that trolls practice druidism before night elves;

And you know that is not the case right? Unless some lore I haven't seen in BFA has changed this. Gonk teaches druidsm to his trolls around the time of cataclysm. Cos according to cataclysm, some loa led by Gonk Gonk want the trolls in on druidsm.

But there are so many strands. As far as I knew so far, Malfurion stormrage is where the druid class started exactly 10,000 years ago. Prior to that, only night elves, then tauren taught by Cenarius practiced druidic arts in a less developed and detailed way, with less mastery. It was only when Malfurion became a student of Cenarius that he took the nature arts we would call druidsm to the advanced class status we use.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    This is all in the S. Barrens questlines on both sides.
    Just to throw you into some alternate Universe.

https://www.wowhead.com/sounds/name:...ne_Event#0+1+5

Listen to Line 1-3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Only thing humans didn't master is voodoo magic. It is said to be the weakest magic in Warcraft universe.
    So that's why Trolls warn you to "stay away from da voodoo"
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

Draenei are really good at attracting genocide, and bad at piloting spaceships.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Just to throw you into some alternate Universe.

https://www.wowhead.com/sounds/name:...ne_Event#0+1+5

Listen to Line 1-3.
    Don't make me sad man, I didn't ask for this. Here's some payback from the same universe:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dwarven_Digging
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    And you know that is not the case right? Unless some lore I haven't seen in BFA has changed this. Gonk teaches druidsm to his trolls around the time of cataclysm. Cos according to cataclysm, some loa led by Gonk Gonk want the trolls in on druidsm.
    Zandalari and other troll tribes rpatice druidism way before the night elves.

The darkspear trolls learned in cataclysm.

But there are so many strands. As far as I knew so far, Malfurion stormrage is where the druid class started exactly 10,000 years ago. Prior to that, only night elves, then tauren taught by Cenarius practiced druidic arts in a less developed and detailed way, with less mastery. It was only when Malfurion became a student of Cenarius that he took the nature arts we would call druidsm to the advanced class status we use.
    the zandalari were druids before Malfurion as far we can confirm what a druid is.

He could be jut the first "druid" in the "normal" ways.

5+ Year Old Account
    HORDE

Orcs: brute strength.

Taurens: druidism/shamanism.

Trolls: voodoo and hunting, which might translate in-game to shamans, hunters and priests.

Forsaken: stealth, poisons and necromancy (duh).

Belfs: magic, especially fel and arcane.

Goblins: explosives, engineering and trade.

ALLIANCE

Humans: everything, except maybe engineering and fel magic. Mandatory #HumanPotential mention here.

Dwarves: flying combat, engineering (albeit derivative to Gnomes'), trade.

Gnomes: engineering (duh x2), magic (but only after NEs and, of course Humans).

Draenei: engineering/magic mixture, holy and arcane magic.

Nelfs: stealth, archery, fel, nature and arcane magics.

Worgen: hmmm, druidism maybe? Otherwise, as that Nazmir Ally NPC so eloquently puts it, "my dogs were all bark, no bite". It's understandable, they were the first victims of #EvilSylvanas and #HumanPotential, closely followed by nelfs ofc.

I won't mention allied races, since my opinion about them is quite poor
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.