Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I want to be able to write a "note" with all my alt toons that people can inspect

Sorry guys, I want a change.

I want to be able to write a note that has the names and servers of all my toons on it, something other people can inspect.

I'm more of an altoholic than most, probably, but I'm probably not the only one that has some significant play times on a couple different servers, factions, and toon names.

Or more generally something that would allow people to know who I am before battle.net integration took place.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post

I want to be able to write a note that has the names and servers of all my toons on it, something other people can inspect.

I'm more of an altoholic than most, probably, but I'm probably not the only one that has some significant play times on a couple different servers, factions, and toon names.

Or more generally something that would allow people to know who I am before battle.net integration took place.
    Pretty sure there is some websites for that but for being on classic, not going to happen.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    In BfA that would have made sense.

But in Classic all characters are separate. That's one of reasons I want to play it so much. It doesn't matter who your main is, you are whatever you are playing at the moment. Whatever you do on your other characters doesn't affect other characters in any way. So I think such idea doesn't make sense for Classic.
    You mean besides so your friends can find and talk to you if you're on a toon they don't know about? And before you say anything, he said you yourself write the note so if you want secret alts nobody knows about you can do it.

If i need a geared healer for an instance, what does it matter that you have a supergeared main char? If the healer you sign up with cant keep up the healing, mains dont matter..

Quote Originally Posted by Nakur- View Post
    If i need a geared healer for an instance, what does it matter that you have a supergeared main char? If the healer you sign up with cant keep up the healing, mains dont matter..
    No, it's about my mains from 15+ years ago in retail meeting old friends, not my classic main.

Gotta have something to do while drinking for 20 secs.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

I thought classic is using a modified client so battle.net integration is still there?

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I thought classic is using a modified client so battle.net integration is still there?
    It is yea, so I do believe OP’s problem may be solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    make a google doc spreadsheet and spam /1 "look at all my toons! - *link*"
    People won't like it but you'll get what you want
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

you could make an addon but only people with the addon would be able to see notes of people with the addon

10+ Year Old Account
    What you are currently asking is to integrate the old "OpenRaid" website in game. Where people used to check all the chars before inviting someone. Where experience were better than gear...

Not sure if someone will implement that for classic, but as others have said, you'll have battle.net integrated. It'll be easier to find a decent discord server for group finding.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

That's what friends list is for. Why would players run around randomly inspecting players to read their notes?
    And if you don't have everyone one of your friends entire list of characters on your friend's list? You keep missing the point.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post

I want to be able to write a note that has the names and servers of all my toons on it, something other people can inspect..
    You don't need to apologize for wanting something that will never happen. Wish away.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Yes. The Blizzard launcher and the bnet id will both be used in Classic. This thread is nonsense.

think theres a very slim chance of them changing anything beyond whats been said already. Will be interested to see what they do after naxx if they decide to add content. maybe then we get some changes and guild bank etc

They will know your alts eventually.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You mean besides so your friends can find and talk to you if you're on a toon they don't know about? And before you say anything, he said you yourself write the note so if you want secret alts nobody knows about you can do it.
    While on your main tell your friends the names of your alt's?

A public list of all your alt's seems (at the moment) like nothing but a bragging list: "See all my alt's. When I'm on my Warrior I play my Warrior and, most importantly; the people I group up with, group up with my Warrior. Why would it matter to the current situation that I also got other classes?

Sure I can see a scenario where I'm in a group on my Warrior and someone else is on his/hers Warrior too and we realize replacing one of us with a ... say Warlock would be better, then I could tell them: "Hey I got a Warlock too, his name is Bob, give me a sec to relog". No public list needed

Are you going to inspect every character you meet to read their notes for a chance of finding that friend?
    No, but when you're in a group with your friend you can look at the list and add any of their alts you're missing to your friend's list. That's what I was trying to get at.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bildur View Post
    While on your main tell your friends the names of your alt's?

A public list of all your alt's seems (at the moment) like nothing but a bragging list: "See all my alt's. When I'm on my Warrior I play my Warrior and, most importantly; the people I group up with, group up with my Warrior. Why would it matter to the current situation that I also got other classes?

Sure I can see a scenario where I'm in a group on my Warrior and someone else is on his/hers Warrior too and we realize replacing one of us with a ... say Warlock would be better, then I could tell them: "Hey I got a Warlock too, his name is Bob, give me a sec to relog". No public list needed
    Friend 1 logs in.
    Friend 2 "Hey man haven't seen you on in forever, where you been?"
    Friend 1 "Oh, made a warrior before we did our M+ run two weeks ago."
    Friend 2 "Oh, if only I could've seen on some kind of note that you had a new toon."

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Friend 1 logs in.
    Friend 2 "Hey man haven't seen you on in forever, where you been?"
    Friend 1 "Oh, made a warrior before we did our M+ run two weeks ago."
    Friend 2 "Oh, if only I could've seen on some kind of note that you had a new toon."
    Friend 1 "Sorry bud, I should have let you know like a real friend would have"
    Friend 2 "It's ok. Since we have realID through the bnet client I should have been able to see you online if I cared enough"