Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going for the most low pop server would be the best option of course. Any streamers server is going to be swarming with fanboys that'll cater to their beck and call. Getting Scarab Lord will be a bitch too since all the fanboys will be paving the way for their streamer of choice to easily get to the end of the questline.

Personally I'm going to pick a server with a cool lore-important name that's also low pop.

Im playing horde so I dont mind rolling on same server. We'll have to see how many servers they actually have for release before we know if you can even avoid streamer servers anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    To answer this question I would literally refer back to my original reply lol.
    And as such I'll give you a dose of reality. No guild is going to go "Sure we'll raid 4pm this week, 6 am next week, midday week after, midnight week after that, then 3am the week after that."

That shit never happens, especially with 40 people. As such the shift workers who have every right to play the game at highest level as no life elitist wannabes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigthumbb View Post
    I like Asmongold and have no problems with any other streamers, but I am going to specifically avoid the servers that popular streamers call home, if I can. Nothing against them, but I just don't want to play among a community that revolves around one or two personalities.
    This. I like Asmonbald, but I'm going to try and avoid his server. Can't stand his viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    No because all the streamers have been saying they will be playing on a PVE server. And the biggest issue with these players is that if they become sick of the game they will leave and a chunk of the player base will disappear at the same time.
    THIS. This hella made sense too. Its kind of obvious theyre just doing it for the hype but wont actually spend a chunk of their time playing classic when there is still current expansion, no matter how crappy it is right now. What do you think will happen when their master decides to stop playing classic all in all? Boom, dead server. Along with his toxic stans.

Been there done that. I know how it ends. Brutallus will break up the guild and inu and talibb will get drunk every year at magfest while rixa disappears somewhere to conquer the russian wilderness.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    And as such I'll give you a dose of reality. No guild is going to go "Sure we'll raid 4pm this week, 6 am next week, midday week after, midnight week after that, then 3am the week after that."

That shit never happens, especially with 40 people. As such the shift workers who have every right to play the game at highest level as no life elitist wannabes.
    Except you're speculating. There might be casual guilds that do two raids per week with two different groups. Do you have shift worker hours? Then you have to search for a guild that suits your time, there's literally nothing else to it.

Also, anyone has the right to go no-life, but at such hours anyone would have a hard time doing it. Want a dose of reality? Give up being an elitist if you can't raid consistently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Roll on a serve that has a streamer, but not somebody like asmongold or sodapoppin, they are too toxic, and try to be on a server with someone more respectful to the player base

10+ Year Old Account
    Asmongolds server will probably be dominated by Alliance.

How long do you think before he starts complaining about no world PVP? I'm fairly certain BGs will be cross realm when released, so that shouldn't be a problem for these one sided realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Every screen cap / picture of Asmon I've ever seen he looks somewhere in the middle of confused and annoyed.
    If you've ever heard him talk he has no clue or certainty about anything ever, he literally sat in a room full of dirty dishes fruit flies and nasty shit for almost 4 years 0 effort to clean ever like literally people watched him when we could've had his house condemned not even swatted. If he was swatted for real, his mother would've been arrested for keeping prisoners in a house full of literal feces and filth.

Every single viewer he has is actually contributing to trash polluting everything and thats what your kids are watching.

I was going to say that I wouldn't care about him or what he does, but frankly, his fan club is pretty horrible and I'll be likely to run into them if I did play on the same server. I'd probably intentionally avoid it, if I was aware.

The people who think someone is toxic spare no effort being toxic towards that person, funny isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    If you've ever heard him talk he has no clue or certainty about anything ever, he literally sat in a room full of dirty dishes fruit flies and nasty shit for almost 4 years 0 effort to clean ever like literally people watched him when we could've had his house condemned not even swatted. If he was swatted for real, his mother would've been arrested for keeping prisoners in a house full of literal feces and filth.

Every single viewer he has is actually contributing to trash polluting everything and thats what your kids are watching.
    Geez. Kinda makes me want to check out a stream of his to see the trainwreck lol
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    How would the AH be changed at all?
    I'd guess that low levels would dump their shit to a streamer as "gifts" instead of selling it? I mean, it's a stretch, but if, somehow someone accumulated such popularity it could fuck server economy over, because many players would give him shit for free
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    This. I like Asmonbald, but I'm going to try and avoid his server. Can't stand his viewers.
    I've been getting youtube suggestions featuring multiple channels like "Best Asmongold Moments" and shit like that...... jesus christ. I don't watch him so don't have an opinion on him but bloody hell his fans sound like they are obsessive-compulsive

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I'd guess that low levels would dump their shit to a streamer as "gifts" instead of selling it? I mean, it's a stretch, but if, somehow someone accumulated such popularity it could fuck server economy over, because many players would give him shit for free
    I don't think it affects the live realms now to any noticeable degree. I suppose if a much larger percentage of the population were to do that then it would but just because someone like Asmongold has 50k-100k viewers doesn't mean they're all going to give him free shit. I'd be surprised if it's more than a few dozen. Especially when things are much more scarce in vanilla.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I've been getting youtube suggestions featuring multiple channels like "Best Asmongold Moments" and shit like that...... jesus christ. I don't watch him so don't have an opinion on him but bloody hell his fans sound like they are obsessive-compulsive
    Same.
    Bellular made a new video earlier and he was featured. Now my entire you tube channel is flooded with his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    Same.
    Bellular made a new video earlier and he was featured. Now my entire you tube channel is flooded with his stuff.
    You can block specific channels from appearing on your Youtube. On desktop, hover your cursor over the video from a user that you do not like. There will be a vertical three dot menu (image here) that you can click on. It'll open a menu. Hit "Not Interested". This will remove the video can give you the option to either Undo or "Tell Us Why"; click the latter and you are presented with a list of options. Selecting the third option, "I'm not interested in this channel", will repress videos from that channel. Note that just hitting not interested will generally not remove the channel from your home screen, you need to tell them why.

It's quicker in the mobile app. If you're scrolling you will always see the triple dot menu, tap it and select "Don't recommend channel".

I've done that with a load of Youtubers. I do watch some WoW content, but a lot of the channels I find very annoying/preachy so I block them. I'd rather see content I like.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2019-06-03 at 11:10 PM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by lakylog View Post
    The people who think someone is toxic spare no effort being toxic towards that person, funny isn't it
    Fanboy much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    I mean I’ll have no way of knowing what server these people will be in. I don’t follow them nor do I care to.

I do plan to roll onto a high pop server, if they happen to be there than whatever. If I knew I’d avoid that server I guess.

You'll know, all you have to do is give it a day and you'll know. Your chats will be spammed with

"NOTICE ME NOTICE ME NOTICE ME SODA SODA SODA ASMON ASMON ASMON NOTICE ME HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY"

and if your Horde, your main cities and the small big ones like Crossroads will be raided by Asmons viewer base
    If you're Alliance your main cities will be raided by Soda and his viewer base
    and then you'll have the people wanting to get Soda/Asmons attention by ganking/raiding their characters.

Zones will lag from all the incels/viewers following them around as they do stupid things like "making a moving circle of people/conga line in Dalaran"
    or from the city raids, which will impact your playing experience.

Your AH economy will be 100% fucked.

So yeah you'll know