Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    How doest stating two contradictory sentences paint a clear canon version of the story. Ingame she was kneeling, in the novel she was fighting. Are you trying to find compromise when there is none? Or is it only because it concerns a character you dont like.

Zugzug has definitely some side effects on you since you ignore canon sources.
    Ahahahaha sure.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-06-03 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Ahahahaha sure.
    So trolling it is then.

I think N'zoth will end up being the focus of the next expansion. If they kill him off this expansion, they are going to be rushing content and frankly, I have no idea what they'd have in mind for next expansion if not for old god themed content.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I think N'zoth will end up being the focus of the next expansion. If they kill him off this expansion, they are going to be rushing content and frankly, I have no idea what they'd have in mind for next expansion if not for old god themed content.
    Most likely it will be even if he dies or not in this expansion, void/old god theme is good for at least two expansions after BfA. After that we might get Mists of Sauralia, with Saurolisks choosing sides.

They will off him in this expansion because they're hacks. Sylvanas might get a SoO rehash as a mini-raid in 8.2.5, explaining why Eternal Palace has so few bosses.

On-Topic: Not going to happen. Sylvanas is an Old God puppet and unlike the truly chad Warchiefs, she won't get to be an end boss. That'd imply she'd have screen time after all. If she doesn't run away to be more evil she'll get taken out in a side-raid.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-06-03 at 09:45 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewshine View Post
    That would be a fucking mess of lore. Old gods have always been defeated by an army/ large raid. That’s how much of a strong forces they are.

No way a single “BANSHEE” lets make it clear Sylvanas is not some unique undead. Power wise a Lich would wipe the floor with her. Beside how would she stop N’zoth? With the blade he wants her to have in order to corrupt her?
    I think it is quite clear, that Blizzard have made her into something more than just "a common undead". She can even raise the dead apperantly, so her power lvl is up there.

It would be an odd turn of events and they are really turning it up for Sylvanas to go "away" soon, so her just killing N'zoth would be wierd, unless she absorbs his power or something.

....But to be honest, 8.3 will without a doubt be The Black Empire patch and N'zoth will be at its end.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I think it is quite clear, that Blizzard have made her into something more than just "a common undead". She can even raise the dead apperantly, so her power lvl is up there.
    She could always do that. Black arrow is a thing.

How doest stating two contradictory sentences paint a clear canon version of the story. Ingame she was kneeling, in the novel she was fighting. Are you trying to find compromise when there is none? Or is it only because it concerns a character you dont like.
    You can see the second part of my comment. Why you are only focusing on the part you're not agreeing with?
    It's not like I don't like her, I don't feel sympathy to any of the characters in WoW. But if I'd see, for an example, Mathias Shaw killing N'Zoth in the 8.2 then I'd be kinda disgusted.
    The only thing that concerns me are the people who are overhyping Sylvanas, though they lack arguments for their statements. She's a very popular character in this forum, so yeah... I could stand like 2-3 posts/threads about her, but after seeing the bland false about her, being stronger than Malfurion, repeating over and over it's getting kinda annoying.

7+ Year Old Account
    She could always do that. Black arrow is a thing.
    A think there is a bit of a jump between black arrow and then the show of necromancy at the Battle of Undercity
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Most likely it will be even if he dies or not in this expansion, void/old god theme is good for at least two expansions after BfA. After that we might get Mists of Sauralia, with Saurolisks choosing sides.
    You seriously think the "void lord" stuff will be tied up in two expansions? Not likely.

You seriously think the "void lord" stuff will be tied up in two expansions? Not likely.
    Well the Burning Crusade was here for 20 years, I can easily see the Void with a mix of the Light will have us busy for 3-4 years, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    They will off him in this expansion because they're hacks. Sylvanas might get a SoO rehash as a mini-raid in 8.2.5, explaining why Eternal Palace has so few bosses.

On-Topic: Not going to happen. Sylvanas is an Old God puppet and unlike the truly chad Warchiefs, she won't get to be an end boss. That'd imply she'd have screen time after all. If she doesn't run away to be more evil she'll get taken out in a side-raid.
    Blizzard already said that there won't be an SoO for this expansion. Unless they are blatantly lying, they aren't going to do that with Sylvanas. The odds of her being raid fodder is near 0%.

Blizzard already said that there won't be an SoO for this expansion. Unless they are blatantly lying, they aren't going to do that with Sylvanas. The odds of her being raid fodder is near 0%.
    Yes and Teldrassil will be a twist and Grom will be a raid boss. Also this expansion isn't Mists 2.0 despite having every plot point beat for beat in the interminable rebellion storyline. She might not die in a raid right away and she might leave the Horde prior to becoming such, but these are cosmetics.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    To be fair she ambushed and hit him with a special poisoned arrow beforehand and thus had a massive advantage. Arthas was also not the Lich King yet, in that form temporarily stunning him so that the party could escape is the best she could do, which is on par with that Jaina did before she also got various DBZ power level upgrades.

Sylvanas definitely isn't able to take on N'zoth, at least not 1v1, but I strongly doubt that's her plan at all. She would either serve him with extra benefits as Azshara did, be manipulated by him (most likely) or try a convoluted scheme to trap and obtain his power which, if her track record is any indication, has a 99.9% chance to fail spectacularly.
    I just realized they mirrored that already...

... when Lord Godfrey, a relatively freshly raised minion (a Gilnean Noble turned Forsaken with not special power), surprised her with a specially prepared bullet on the back of her skull, effectively killing her, as in One Shot kill.

One more Arthas to Sylvanas parallel, and another one not in her favor, for Godfrey was much more competent at betrayal/revenge than her. Now if he had dealt with the stupid Orc as well we would be in much less trouble.
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

7+ Year Old Account
    N'zoth dies in Season 8, Episode 8.3
    She stabs him with her dagger and he shatters all over Azeroth so players have to collect N'zotherit.
    The highlight will be a cinematic N'zoth singing "Shatter Me", Lindsey Sterling playing the violin and Sylvanas dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    It'd be hilarious if he died in some cutscene or quest, like Ysera in Legion :V
    Don't give Blizzard's "season 8 of GoT was amazeballs" writers any ideas... What if they actually read this and were all like "this would subvert expectations so much!!1!"?

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    So since it favors a character you like, you're suddenly ok with them shitting on established lore. Got it.
    Don't put words in my mouth because you have no argument whatsoever, yet feel the need to desperately try to pretend that you do. Post-retcon lore is canon. That is simply a fact. Me stating that fact does in no way, shape or form mean I'm OK with them retconning things, because words mean things and the words I actually wrote do not convey the latter message.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Is it really so hard for you to be objective? Xavius' shade was obviously not as powerful as Xavius himself - but it was extremely powerful
    Care to point out specifically which part of what I said was wrong? Oh, you can't, because everything I said is correct, which is precisely why you are engaging in this meandering BS instead? OK then, great quality post you contributed to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Malfurion was beating her in the book as well. Imagine being such a fanboy you try to change established lore
    Except you're making shit up. Sylvanas fought Malfurion three times in the novel. The first time was when Lorash was captured by Malfurion and he was stalling. It ended with Malfurion running away after Sylvanas arrived. The second time was after the Horde captured Astanaar and Night Elf assassin tried to lure Saurfang outside of the inn. Saurfang declared Mak'gora on Malfurion, was captured by Malfurion's vines and was saved by Sylvanas' arrival. It also ended with Malfurion running away. The final bout is the one where Malfurion got axed by Saurfang. The only part of that fight we see in the novel is Sylvanas launching Malfurion into trees with dark magic and Saurfang throwing his axe at him when he was raising.

So your reply to @Friendlyimmolation here is a case of pot calling the kettle black, except you made the kettle up. Congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    A think there is a bit of a jump between black arrow and then the show of necromancy at the Battle of Undercity
    There is also bit of a jump between Jaina summoning water elementals and later soloing entire cities with her flying ghost ship but I dont see you complaining about that.

There is also bit of a jump between Jaina summoning water elementals and later soloing entire cities with her flying ghost ship but I dont see you complaining about that.
    It's a flying ghost ship! Flying ghost ship! Ji Firepaw could be in charge of that and still destroy entire cities!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Old Gods don't and can't die, quest text from a decade ago vs official Lore books(aka Chronicles) hmm I think I'll listen to the more recent source of factual information. We already know that Yogg Saron is still remotely active, this was shown in Ulduar(when we went there with Magni) and through the Emerald Nightmare which is his "active corruption" and that it will continue to come back(which is directly quoted from Xal'atath). In reference to what you're trying to get at, it's a physical manifestation that she's referring to, we know that Old Gods do not and cannot die, even when forceably pulled out of the planet.
    When on earth do Chronicles say the Old Gods can't die?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    When she almost killed Arthas? In the novel the whole thing was one sided by the scourge without any real problem, Arthas in another hand almost killed Kael'thas with his legendary flame sword and being an powerful mage that could match Antonidas or even be more powerful after Outland, besides he defeated Illidan which is wayyyy more powerful than undead Sylvanas.
    Given how @Aucald was talking about Sylvanas' powers as a Banshee, it's obviously not about Scourge invasion of Quel'Thalas that they were talking about but Sylvanas almost killing Arthas when she broke free from Lich King's grasp, where Arthas was saved by Kel'thuzad.

As for Kael'thas, it's not exactly a good example to diminish Sylvanas' power, because she turned Dar'khan into a defenseless whelp in a fight where his magical prowess dwarfed pretty much anyone else sans maybe WotE-empowered Azshara, as he had entirety of Sunwell's power all for himself at that time. Mages are useless against her. Plus like @Terongor already said, Arthas fared rather poorly against Kael.

As for Arthas' duel with Kerrilldank, he won because the Lich King reinvigorated him prior to the fight and Kerrilldank was fighting like a complete moron, wasting time on boasting, monologuing about his weapons and performing flashy moves, which included him going in for the final strike in the most flashy way possible when Arthas wasn't disarmed yet.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2019-06-03 at 11:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    ....except lore has already dictated the OGs pretty much can't manipulate the undead which is one of the many reasons Arthas was building an army to sweep over Azeroth.
    The Scourge was immune to the passive corrupting effect of the Old Gods' voice or presence, yes; they're not however immune to the will or power of an Old God arrayed directly against them. Evidenced by the fact that the Twilight's Hammer has Forsaken members who are just as insanely corrupt as its members of the other races.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead