Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

SUV's should be banned

They are bigger than regular cars without being able to go offroad better than a regular car. The only good thing about them is that they are spacious, but so are hatchbacks.

Why should they be banned exactly?

I just got a SUV, one of the mid range ones even. I never want to enter a fucking sedan ever, fucking midget cars, burn in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    They are bigger than regular cars without being able to go offroad better than a regular car. The only good thing about them is that they are spacious, but so are hatchbacks.
    We should ban SUVs because they're big? So what volume of space are we allowed in a car before it's banned? Or is it because they're large, but not large enough to account for the space they offer w.r.t. hatchbacks? So is it a particular value of ratio of vehicle volume to volume of possible storage space we are banning, if it's too low? I wonder how smart cars would fare with that metric.

Coincidentally, Ford is doing away with making cars altogether, since SUVs now get around the same mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    I just got a SUV, one of the mid range ones even. I never want to enter a fucking sedan ever, fucking midget cars, burn in hell.
    Sedans are not small cars, they are for normal people.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Its not about size, its about engine. V8 sedan will pollute more than small SUV.

Just tax per engine size, like its done in many countries already. That would discourage people from buying cars with huge polluting engines. Tax anything over 2 litres into oblivion, tax V6 and V8 so much that manufacturers would abandon those engines.
    Weight is also an issue as heavier cars make roads deteriorate faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Weight is also an issue as heavier cars make roads deteriorate faster.
    Only in corrupt eastern europe countries where they dont use quality materials in roads. (Unless you are talking about trucks which are banned on most roads if motorway is available)

Quote Originally Posted by AIBot View Post
    Sedans are not small cars, they are for normal people.
    Yeah, then normal people are fucking midgets, update the measurements for 21 century. I don't want to crawl into my car, like a maggot.

Yeah, then normal people are fucking midgets, update the measurements for 21 century. I don't want to crawl into my car, like a maggot.
    Maybe you should buy a bicycle instead of suv.

My Mitsubishi Outlander AWD was getting better MPG than the same year hatchback my parents had (when I got my Wrangler I traded cars with them to use their as the trade in because the "SUV" was all around better) more room, AWD *switchable off and on, and better real world MPG, not sure what they were rated at but my dad's is getting about 2 or 3 MPG better on it than the other car they had. (the hatchback on paper said it was better but in 4 years it never did that, even online reviews stated as much, where as the SUV got what it was rated at all the time, and on occasion surpassed it)

10+ Year Old Account
    You should try our busses. At 6'2 I barely fit in those spaces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

Only in corrupt eastern europe countries where they dont use quality materials in roads. (Unless you are talking about trucks which are banned on most roads if motorway is available)
    You should go to the US and drive around a bit, their roads are absolute garbage and maintenance is extremely rare.

i do feel there should be a special lane for people who want to drive a large SUV. some of the suburbans and escalades are just stupid, and even me in a normal cab short bed truck have issues seeing around them.

semi trucks, though. that's what we need to focus on getting off the road at least in America.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Seeing how I live in a corrupt Eastern Europe country, yes, I worry (and have every reason to) about the unnecessary proliferation of SUV's.

Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    You should go to the US and drive around a bit, their roads are absolute garbage and maintenance is extremely rare.
    In hungary they just place a speed limit sign (20km/h) and a pothole sign instead of repairing the road.
    After several months, when the construction is finally done, they leave behind speed limit signs so the police can fine you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Eh, pretty sure we should ban cars over a certain age, as well as muscle cars and sports cars before banning SUV's. Sorry, but in some cases, an SUV is a better choice than a hatchback - and no, some hatchbacks can't compete with the space you can make in some SUV's.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me introduce you to the wonderful world of a Crossovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Let me introduce you to the wonderful world of a Crossovers.
    Crossovers are a mixed bag if you're tall. Some I can fit in fine, some I can barely squeeze into, depends on the interior layout. I know last time we went car shopping there was one I fit on the driver's side just fine but could not sit upright on the passenger side because the floor on the passenger side was a bit higher to accommodate how everything was laid out underneath.