Page 4 of 225 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Will there be Jedi???

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Will there be Jedi???
    if there are, i hope they get scattergun'd

no need for space wizards here, time to focus on the cool shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as Disney doesn't try to force Social Justice into it its all good IMO.

"The Mandalorian was cancelled today because the main character is a White Male. Disney is recasting the main lead as a Transgendered Bisexual African-Japanese-American-Chinese-American."
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if there are, i hope they get scattergun'd

Those two things contradict each other.

It would be dope to see something like one of luke's students trying to face down a bounty hunter just to get lit up robocop style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Will there be Jedi???
    There is a fan theory that because of dave filoni directing, show takes place in same timeline and far outer regions of galaxy as where star rebels last episode ends, we could see Ahsoka Tano n Sabine Wren hiring "the Mandalorian" to help track down Ezra Bridgers.

Though I'd rather see sw rebels characters in their own movie, this is better than nothing I guess..

- - - Updated - - -

Found a trailer

@Ihavewaffles thanks for digging up the trailer!

looks pretty cool to me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    agreed. part of the reason why i loved rogue one and solo so much. not everything has to be about balance and the force. the star wars universe has so much potential for great fantasy stories.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

5+ Year Old Account
    ‘Star Wars’ Has Even Stricter Guidelines Than Marvel, According to Taika Waititi.

Posted on Monday, March 11th, 2019 by Hoai-Tran Bui

Taika Waititi is no stranger to working under secretive conditions, but it seems that one Disney-owned studio is stricter than the others. The Thor: Ragnarok director recently journeyed to a galaxy far, far away to helm an episode of the upcoming Disney+ series, The Mandalorian. There, he learned the secrets of the Star Wars universe — but nothing he can tell us about. Because it turns out that Star Wars keeps its directors on an even tighter leash than Marvel Studios.

One of the most anticipated titles from Disney’s streaming service, Disney+, is the Jon Favreau-produced Star Wars TV series The Mandalorian, which boasts an all-star cast led by Pedro Pascal and an array of high-profile directors including Bryce Dallas Howard, Rick Famuyiwa, and of course, Waititi. The New Zealand-born filmmaker recently spoke to The Observer about his time in that galaxy far, far away, but unfortunately, it seems he really can’t say much.

When asked whether Star Wars or Marvel has the stricter guidelines, Waititi said without hesitation, “Star Wars, yeah, easily.” Also, it seems Favreau and Lucasfilm were somewhat accommodating of Waititi’s singular style that made Thor: Ragnarok such a success, in which he revamped the somber God of Thunder into a comedic character with a heart. Waititi said that he brought some of that style, as well as his previous experience working with fellow What We Do in the Shadows‘ producers Jemaine Clement and Paul Simms, to his Mandalorian episode.

“There’s definitely some of the stuff I’ve learned over the years from working with [ Clement] and [Simms] and everyone else back home that I have brought to my episode. But I can’t… It’s a very sacred universe, the Star Wars universe, so I can’t do too much of it.”

Waititi said he didn’t get to push too many boundaries with his single episode of The Mandalorian, but that the situation was not dissimilar.

“I gotta check. Sometimes they’ll say, ‘You’ve driven the Marvel truck out of the land and off the freeway and you gotta come back now.'”

Waititi has said before that The Mandalorian is consistent with the “tone of the first films,” which means he couldn’t go too wild with his signature absurd comedic style. But it’s likely we’ll still see some of his flair in the episode he directs once The Mandalorian premieres on Disney+ sometime this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Told people Disney is strict with SW. A director (or any creator under a Lucas license) is given a box and must stay within that box.

There is no, 'well X director completely ignored this story, and this writer went against the narrative of the universe.' They are bound by the SW 'meta', for better or for worse.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

5+ Year Old Account
    Bryce Dallas Howard Opens Up on Directing Star Wars: The Mandalorian.

By CAMERON BONOMOLO - May 25, 2019 12:45 am EDT

First-time television director Bryce Dallas Howard says helming an episode of the first-ever live-action Star Wars series The Mandalorian was “so, so awesome.”

“The God’s honest truth is that I had incredible support from [executive producer and director] Dave Filoni and [creator] Jon Favreau,” Howard told Collider when promoting Elton John biopic Rocketman. “And the process — the prep process, and the shooting, and post, and all of that — it was so incredibly collaborative and fun and grounded, and so it was just so cool.”

Like many Lucasfilm projects, The Mandalorian is as mysterious as its armored, gun-slinging protagonist (Pedro Pascal).

“I literally don’t even think I can tease anything about the episode,” Howard said. “I don’t even think I can say which episode I did [laughs]. Yeah, no, I’m totally on lock down.”

What Howard can dish on is the technology used to bring the gritty Star Wars action-drama to life under Favreau and Disney’s Industrial Light & Magic.

“Jon Favreau of course is known for pushing emerging technology forward, and what he did with Jungle Book, what he’s doing now with Lion King, I mean, this is really extraordinary,” Howard said.

“Sort of what is possible because of these projects ... I mean, there were so many times when I’d be like, ‘Oh, it’s okay Jon, we can just do it that way.’ He’s like, ‘I just want to see if it’s possible. We just need to see if it’s possible.’ And I’m like okay, and then it’s tested, and way more times you find out, ‘oh wow, it is possible, and it’s better!’ So that was really exciting.”

Risking blasphemy, Howard compares the use of a Volume — a mostly barren warehouse surrounded by blue screen and tracking cameras that capture performances in a digital environment — to technology straight out of Star Trek.

“There was specifically something that we shot in called The Volume, and basically you step into it, and the naked eye, you can’t tell that you are surrounded by, basically, LED screens. And you feel like [you’re] wherever the story is taking place,” Howard said.

“It’s almost like — this is the wrong term to use, especially for this project, but it’s almost like a Holodeck.”

Joining Howard and Filoni as directors are Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok), Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), and Rick Famuyiwa (Dope). The first episode of The Mandalorian will premiere when Disney+ launches November 12.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post

Joining Howard and Filoni as directors are Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok), Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), and Rick Famuyiwa (Dope). The first episode of The Mandalorian will premiere when Disney+ launches November 12.
    Thats an amazing set of directors.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Thats an amazing set of directors.
    The last two are unknown to me, don't watch much TV, only saw 1st episode of felicy jones n didn't care for it at all. But, they seem very ingrained in this great TV era..

As for Dallas, she is humble instead of hollywood-arrogant, n daughter of a great director (whom I don't blame for that train-wreck Solo) n filoni is deeply involved so it will probably work out just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last two are unknown to me, don't watch much TV, only saw 1st episode of felicy jones n didn't care for it at all. But, they seem very ingrained in this great TV era..

As for Dallas, she is humble instead of hollywood-arrogant, n daughter of a great director (whom I don't blame for that train-wreck Solo) n filoni is deeply involved so it will probably work out just fine.
    Jessica Jone was part of the Netflix MCU shows. If people are worried about Disney not allowing its properties to be 'dark and gritty' just watch those shows. You'll probably only like Dope if you're a nerd and like hip-hop and would be called a cult classic if it wasn't only 3 years old.

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind dark n gritty, but it gave me the DC dark feels to me..

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Yeah because Solo did so great
    Solo had 0 marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Solo had 0 marketing.
    and it released opposite of a highly anticipated marvel movie (basically a month later, but that shit mattered).

loved Solo...hope we get a second Solo movie or a Lando spin off that acts as Solo 2
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

5+ Year Old Account
    If they'll do a 2nd Solo, i'll suicide bomb the film set.

Trolling/threats of violence isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-06-05 at 04:00 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    If they'll do a 2nd Solo, i'll suicide bomb the film set.
    And this is why we cannot have nice things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Solo had 0 marketing.
    Can make all the excuses you want, it was a Star Wars movie and it lost close to a 100 million dollars.

There is a fan theory that because of dave filoni directing, show takes place in same timeline and far outer regions of galaxy as where star rebels last episode ends, we could see Ahsoka Tano n Sabine Wren hiring "the Mandalorian" to help track down Ezra Bridgers.
    Uhhhh you are aware that Rebels, Clone Wars, and every show disney makes for star wars is canon and the same timeline as the movies.... right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Can make all the excuses you want, it was a Star Wars movie and it lost close to a 100 million dollars.
    0 marketing is 0 marketing, and was a thing.
    Not an excuse, but actual fact. Lol.