Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

The only thing that bothers me with Classic is the airtight separation with Retail

I understand some restrictions, especially all of them relating to gold (1 million gold, more or less pocket change in 2019, would make you the kingpin of the AH, the Rockfeller of coarse stone, the Gould of arcane crystal).

Still, maybe the restrictions could be airtight one way. For instance, doing the War of the Shifting Sands questline on vanilla give you the mount in vanilla and in retail ?

No, thank you. Forcing people into playing Classic - big fat NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    No, thank you. Forcing people into playing Classic - big fat NO.
    If you don't want to play Classic, you can pay $25 for the Classic only mount.
    Another win for Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    If you don't want to play Classic, you can pay $25 for the Classic only mount.
    Another win for Blizzard.
    If they start selling actual rewards from in-game activities - game is done for, so no they won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think folks are still carrying some pride in the achievements gained from certain activities that were completed at "the time", and rightly so. The Shifting Sands mount, for example, is something that is still a point of pride. Since it's no longer the days of vanilla being current, I don't think that rewards for closed legacy content like that should be reflected in the current game. Perhaps an battle.net wide achievement, or a WoW toy of some discription at a push, but definitely not the actual reward.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I understand some restrictions, especially all of them relating to gold (1 million gold, more or less pocket change in 2019, would make you the kingpin of the AH, the Rockfeller of coarse stone, the Gould of arcane crystal).

Still, maybe the restrictions could be airtight one way. For instance, doing the War of the Shifting Sands questline on vanilla give you the mount in vanilla and in retail ?
    The reason behind the seperation, is that you should never feel like you should pay Classic just to get something in retail. Having the mount/title from War of the Shifting Sands in retail, is a statue of being there when it happened. You don't have to worry about it as a new player.

If they bind them together, some people will proberly feel compelled to do Classic content, just so that they get part of that sweet, sweet cosmetic loot. Thats not what is supposed to happen. If you do well in Classic, you are great in Classic. If you do well in retail, you do well in retail. They are different games and different accomplishments.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...For instance, doing the War of the Shifting Sands questline on vanilla give you the mount in vanilla and in retail ?...
    That mount is unobtainable on Retail. I really hope they'll never let you get those items from Classic and use them on Retail...
    They'd destroy the gold dump on Tier 3 Pieces... People using really rare items (AQ Mount, Atiesh, Corrupted Ashbringer, etc...) will mean nothing, since everyone will be able to get them some time...

I hope they keep everything seperated and don't mess stuff. Classic will stay Classic... If they open in the future some Wotlk Servers they keep all the titles seperated as well from Retail....
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

I hope they implement it.. Would make me play classic.

Naw, it would make people with no interest in classic play the game not only just to give it a try but only for a reward at its highest levels. Not to mention all kinds of real money sales and black mails by thousands of people during a small window of time. Then those people still around in retail that have the mount would have it's value demolished as the rarity is shattered by third party website guilds that suddenly aboundon the game once it's gone. Sure, you can debate some of these shady practices will exsist regardless but I debate letting things transfer over only intensives it greatly.

Sorry you didn't play Classic, but you're never getting that shit on your main account that you started in Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not airtight?

Tokens bought in retail generate game time that can be spent on playing Classic.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

don't worry overly much. personally i am 100% expecting them to soften their stance on topics such as QoL features and cross-promotion some time after release.

a time will come when doing something like that will be the easiest way to boost player numbers for the quarterly report. as long as the corporatism at actiblizz keeps going the way its going, eventually it'll happen.

something i can see them doing in 2 years time orso is starting a new "season" of classic, and then allowing the old season characters to be transferred to retail.
    Last edited by horbindr; 2019-06-03 at 12:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

That is a big, 'no thank you'.

And it should be treated seperately as else it would devalue what people had from then on live.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    That is a big, 'no thank you'.

And it should be treated seperately as else it would devalue what people had from then on live.
    I highly doubt anyone that managed to get the Black Qiraji War Tank still play the game today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I highly doubt anyone that managed to get the Black Qiraji War Tank still play the game today.
    Quite a few does, actually. More reason not to permit it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Yes, lets have needy shits that just want to zerg through everything and complain when things are not done in 10 min because it will give them something in the dogshit version of the game!

The only interaction I want between classic and retail, and this is something that even if I had the power to implement it I wouldn’t...

But it’d be nice if leveling 1-60 on classic gave me a free 110 on retail. I like leveling, retail is not leveling. It takes 3-5x, at a minimum, longer to hit 60 than 110 from 1. So it certainly isn’t a shortcut.

but this is exactly what wow classic people are looking for - a clear separation.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would just like to send some bags and 10 gold from my retail to classic. Thats all!. I would be thrilled.
    Kidding of course. Kinda.
    Operation Red Wing

eh, maybe? I dont wouldnt want the reverse, and if I loved retail but hated classic then I could see myself having major issues with this idea