Thread: Disney movies

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Disney movies

So I grew up with alot of good disney animated movies in the late 80's-90's. However Lilo and Stitch would have to be my favorite and I genuinely believe it's the last good movie they've come out with. What is your favorite disney animated movie? Either as a kid or as an adult. What do you think about the new movies they have been releasing.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

What was wrong with Frozen? Or Zootopia? Never seen it myself, but Wrek-It-Ralph seems to be generally well-received.

Does OP know that Disney is planning on making a live action remake of Lilo and Stitch?

I cannot wait to see how they fuck up those cool alien designs. Nothing is sacred. Everything will be made bland and uninspired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Does OP know that Disney is planning on making a live action remake of Lilo and Stitch?

I cannot wait to see how they fuck up those cool alien designs. Nothing is sacred. Everything will be made bland and uninspired.
    oh dear god
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Treasure planet by far

They just don't make them like they used to

Seriously?

... Lilo and Stitch is among my favorites, with Beauty and the Best... (I assume I should not watch the latter's remake)
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

Disney painted itself in a corner. With them having a near monopoly on film media, and basicly all well known fairy tales already being used. Their is no new pool of ideas to steal from. Plus live action and CGI is alot cheaper than classical cell drawings. So expect alot more live action and CGI Remakes.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    What was wrong with Frozen? Or Zootopia? Never seen it myself, but Wrek-It-Ralph seems to be generally well-received.
    It's a great movie. One made with us nerds in mind.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hercules and Tarzan are my favourites. Mulan and Emperors New Groove are also up there.

Honorable mention to Atlantis: The Lost Empire.

With Disney owning Marvel. This Picture makes me smile even more.

Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2019-06-04 at 08:30 AM.

My favorite always used to be The sword in the stone, a oldie but goldie from 1963'

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    While Frozen was highly overrated, Zootopia was a great movie. Heck, Walt Disney Animation Studios is pretty consistent at kicking out very good animated movies.

Moana was very good. Both the Wreck-It Ralph movies were great. Bolt is underrated.

Overall, I would be challenged in pointing out which is my absolute favorite of these three: Zootopia, Mulan, or The Incredibles.

Last Disney movie I watched was The Little Mermaid (1989)...that one was fun, still remember laughing my ass off at that crab.

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang View Post
    Seriously?

... Lilo and Stitch is among my favorites, with Beauty and the Best... (I assume I should not watch the latter's remake)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    oh dear god
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-works-1148811

Announced in October last year.

And given the sheer number of live action Disney films on the plan they just announced, prepare for a lot more.

https://movieweb.com/disney-movie-re...WnTdByTVYY0Pss

Disney movies aren't always cartoons.

One personal favorite:

I've never thought Disney Animation made any legitimately great films, but Sleeping Beauty and Pinocchio were good. Otherwise, they're pretty meh films.

- - - Updated - - -

No, no, no...

I thought the new age of Disney animated films were bad, but the live action remakes are a whole new level of mediocrity.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2019-06-05 at 09:55 AM.

Robin Hood was my favorite growing up and I still love the voice work in that film. Peter Ustinov as Prince John is just fantastic.
    Lion King was another favorite and the live action remake was intriguing for me after seeing Jungle Book, but now it just looks disappointing.
    Emperor's New Groove, Lilo & Stitch and Aladdin probably round out my top five.

Black Cauldron gets an honorable mention, though I wish it would get a bluray release already.

In the more recent CG era, Zootopia and Wreck It Ralph are both favorites. First Incredibles is still a fun film too.

I've not seen it in a long time, but I seem to recall @unbound being accurate in Bolt being underrated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beauty and the Beast (1991).
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Hercules was my Favorite Animated movie from back in the day, I loved Babes In Toyland as well. Also loved the Old Robin Hood with the animals from like the 70's was great as well. As far as new ones, My kids Love Wreck-it-Ralph and The Star.

I wasn't aware but it doesn't surprise me. It seems everything is being turned into live action these days. instead of coming up with original ideas.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Pinocchio, Dumbo, Robin Hood, Jungle Book, and Aladdin were probably my favorites.