Poll: How many hybrids would you raid with if you wanted to clear Naxx in a month or two?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I believe raids will still want a shadow priest, and retridins are quite stronk in Naxx, so those will surely get a spot.
    They arent even in naxx subpar dps and major mana problems ret really suffers in vanilla but millions of human male paladins will realise it soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    That's a ridiculous statement. Nothing in Vanilla was hard mechanically, the average player playing even low ends specs will out perform most people back in the day.

There is no reason to have the "perfect" comp for raiding in Vanilla outside of over doing it.
    Let's look at the other side, if there is no reason not to take them, what reason is there to take them?

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Let's look at the other side, if there is no reason not to take them, what reason is there to take them?
    To have fun, presumably.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    To have fun, presumably.
    I prefer the path of least resistance tbh, and I'm afraid the majority of people will agree. Time will tell how raids will look like I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    I prefer the path of least resistance tbh, and I'm afraid the majority of people will agree. Time will tell how raids will look like I guess.
    The thing is, classic raids aren't that hard and you only have a strictly limited amount of content. Why rush through it and be done and bored? It's not like retail where if you don't hustle up the next raid will come out and invalidate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zensunni View Post
    My hardcore raiding guild in vanilla had, at one point, a feral, a boomie, and an enhance, all of whom had excellent gear and who did acceptable DPS. We were a successful guild, and probably would have finished clearing Naxx if not for the eternal, endless, recruitment / poaching issues that plagued vanilla raiding. If you think hybrids weren't present in high-end raiding in Vanilla, you just weren't there. They were rare, but hardly unheard of.
    I'd agree, they were definitely there, especially for guilds who struggled to get 40 bodies on raid night. You can see from tier gear (T1/T2/T3) however, that Blizzard intended for all non-warrior hybrids to heal in raids, and warrior bonus' were protection. Hybrids only see damage related set bonus' in between raids, ZG/AQ. You can look at Druid and Shaman gear for example, and there's no AGI on any of the Tier sets. They have to use dungeon sets, ZG/AQ sets, or PVP gear if they want to go melee DPS. And even then they typically have a match of AGI and Intel on their gear, which leads to some of the loss in potential damage output.

As I noted in one of my previous posts, I knew a druid in a guild that had AQ 40 on farm and had started into Naxx, who healed in balance spec, with intel/agi gear, and they were excited about the high armor count on a new item. I'm not saying this person was a typical raider in Naxx60, I'm just saying they were a raider in Naxx60.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Also, I know I wrote “hybrid” in the OP, but I meant “non-optimal spec.” I just didn’t want the thread derailed with ret fanboiz on page 1.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Hypothetical Scenario: You're thinking about joining a 15 hour / week raid group with the goal of clearing Naxxramas a month or two after P6 drops. You look at the roster and say, "Nope, that's too many hybrids." How many did you see?

(We'll just say everyone has perfect attendance, so raid size = 40. We'll also assume that everyone is friendly and equally skilled, however, optimal specs might get poached more but too many sub-optimal specs might hurt future recruitment.)

Edit: I noticed the counts were wrong right as I hit post, and polls can't be edited. It should be:
    0-2
    3-4
    5-6
    7-8
    9-10
    11-12
    13-14
    15-20
    21-25
    26+

Off-specs also count as hybrids, for example Arcane mages, Survival Hunters, Arms Warriors, anyone that isn't one of these 9 specs:

Prot Warrior
    Fury Warrior
    Holy Pally
    Resto Shaman
    Marksman (?) Hunter
    Combat Swords (or daggers?) Rogue
    Resto Druid
    0/30/21 or whatever the optimal Warlock spec is
    Fire Mage
    Holy Priest

Based on what I've read I think I'd go with 5 or 6. I could handle a ret paladin, a feral druid, a boomkin, two shadow or disc priests, and maybe the RL's girlfriend that just has to play Arms warrior. But more than 6 I'd probably start looking at server transfers...

just like you will see 0 hybrids in MC.

its sad that people belive in myth how hybrids will be welcome anywhere

you will see that non-bis classes wont be invited even to dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is, classic raids aren't that hard and you only have a strictly limited amount of content. Why rush through it and be done and bored? It's not like retail where if you don't hustle up the next raid will come out and invalidate it.
    it doesnt matter if they are hard.

if a guild can cut raiding time by 30-40% they will do it. because then they can clear extra raid on alts for example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    They arent even in naxx subpar dps and major mana problems ret really suffers in vanilla but millions of human male paladins will realise it soon.
    hey its a good thing they will level up so many healers

many guilds will be happy when they will have couple of holy paladins ;0

because only other choice for those people would be to reroll not not garbage class/spec

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

just like you will see 0 hybrids in MC.

its sad that people belive in myth how hybrids will be welcome anywhere

you will see that non-bis classes wont be invited even to dungeons.
    You don't seem to understand how dungeons work. By your logic, there is zero reason to invite a Warlock to a dungeon because he probably has the worst dps in 5 man content.

That depends entirely on 1) how the good the players are 2) how much consumes is everyone willing to use 3) can you get enough players that fit the requirements for your guild without breaking the quota. I would take 0 if I had that option because my goal is pretty simple - speedruns all raids, and as a result do them as fast a possible to free up the time to do other activities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    You don't seem to understand how dungeons work. By your logic, there is zero reason to invite a Warlock to a dungeon because he probably has the worst dps in 5 man content.
    Warlock dps is probably the best caster dps in dungeons due to lifetap. Mages are still more desirable, but not because of dps.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post

Warlock dps is probably the best caster dps in dungeons due to lifetap. Mages are still more desirable, but not because of dps.
    The damage output is too slow with a Warlock on dungeon trash, and barely noticeable on dungeon bosses. Dots barely have time to do any damage befor the mob is dead and destruction is either a slow buildup or requires eating shards like candy to be bursty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    The damage output is too slow with a Warlock on dungeon trash, and barely noticeable on dungeon bosses. Dots barely have time to do any damage befor the mob is dead and destruction is either a slow buildup or requires eating shards like candy to be bursty.
    Not say stupid things, just go play a lock in dungeons.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Not say stupid things, just go play a lock in dungeons.
    I have, several times. Feel free to share your tactics on how to put out meaningful damage when your comrades burn down a mob on 3 GCDs?

a month?!?!?!?! well.. however many we have i guess.

If i however competed for a rank and wanted to clear naxx the first day of release id probably only bring as many as i absolutely need for any given fight.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2019-06-03 at 08:32 PM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

I didn't start that comparison. The guy in question said that ANY fight on normal is way harder than ANY fight in classic.
    Didn't see that but from what you said they said, they're not wrong in certain aspects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Priest is a needed spec, but just one

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I chose "All I want is good people".

10+ Year Old Account
    @ Aggrophobic

Heck, lag was a bigger issue than the actual mechanics back then.
    Correct but not the whole answer. The biggest problem was in actuallity a combination of Lag or awfull internet connections in general and masses of players with low fps. I remember raiding mc with 10 to 15 frames at best before upgrading my system. You could get throu in MC and BWL with such low fps values but AQ 40 and Naxx changed that. You could run absolutely perfect ony your screen on Heigan, low fps or a high ping would kill you. Now imagine playing Thaddius with 15 frames. A lot of Raids even made a "pingcheck" before pullling such bosses and had several players stand on the pillars in the middle of the room on Loatheb to make sure they could play the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    I had a look at vanilla recordings available, and they were actually incredibly subpar. I guess only shadow priests will really make it to the exception list unless the guild in question likes a certain player enough to allow them to play their hybrid spec in some situations.