Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Mage tower, so if you had a lot of alts it was pretty good(And if you were a 1337 hardcore wow gamer then yeah >.>)
    I think a major problem with legion was they assumed you just played every class as an alt so they gave you 15 minutes of quests on your main and then you were like "that's it?". I didn't level alts because of artifact grind and legendary bullshit until the end patch came with instant maxed artifact and legendaries from vendor. That was when I did mage tower on alts. But by the time I was enjoying finishing the mage tower on alts the BFA pre patch came and removed it forever. Only managed to do it on my paladin, warrior, lock, rogue, and feral druid.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    So did the heroic warfront get tested? I haven't seen any news about it even though it was supposedly a few days ago. Nothing on the actual feedback thread either.
    I checked out the feedback threads and they were testing it with various ilvls. Sometimes 335, sometimes 410. Apparently it was bugged though so I don't think any were completed at the time.

And yeah, the mythic AEP threads have been largely empty too. Giving the hardcore guilds Crucible of Storms burned them out (the ones that bothered to put in the time for Uu'nat anyway, all that class stacking)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Bran Stark will be Warchief. Mark my words.
    Thrall after saving Baine: Why do you think I came all this way?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Bran Stark will be Warchief. Mark my words.
    First Sylvanas must die because she burned down that huge city with the name I forgot...
    _______

Btw do we already know if Azshara really dies in the raid?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    First Sylvanas must die because she burned down that huge city with the name I forgot...
    _______

Btw do we already know if Azshara really dies in the raid?
    Impossible to say. Going by normal logic, we would assume she dies, but she does not have a "dead" animation, only a "dying" animation, if that makes sense.
    Most likely she will die in the cinematic, but until we get some solid proof, there is no way to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Impossible to say. Going by normal logic, we would assume she dies, but she does not have a "dead" animation, only a "dying" animation, if that makes sense.
    Most likely she will die in the cinematic, but until we get some solid proof, there is no way to know.
    I mean there is a precedent of us not technically killing a raid boss(Garrosh)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Absolutely. i guess we will wait and see.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I think a major problem with legion was they assumed you just played every class as an alt so they gave you 15 minutes of quests on your main and then you were like "that's it?". I didn't level alts because of artifact grind and legendary bullshit until the end patch came with instant maxed artifact and legendaries from vendor. That was when I did mage tower on alts. But by the time I was enjoying finishing the mage tower on alts the BFA pre patch came and removed it forever. Only managed to do it on my paladin, warrior, lock, rogue, and feral druid.
    Yeah, 7.2 campaign was their biggest mistake. All they need to do is to scrap class questlines from 7.2 (one that gave your extra follower) - nothing important happened there anyway. Instead introduce 12 chapter campaign with heavy Kil'jaeden presence and class mount chapter on top of this. It would make Legion close to perfect expac (for me).

Or, you know, final boss of last big raid (Jaina). ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yeah, 7.2 campaign was their biggest mistake. All they need to do is to scrap class questlines from 7.2 (one that gave your extra follower) - nothing important happened there anyway. Instead introduce 12 chapter campaign with heavy Kil'jaeden presence and class mount chapter on top of this. It would make Legion close to perfect expac (for me).

Or, you know, final boss of last big raid (Jaina). ;P
    Is is still honestly so weird to look back and realize that as much as i thought it was a poor excuse for raid buildup. The questline you got in 6.2 for Hellfire citadel might have been the best pre-raid questline.

It showed off several bosses, took you around several locations and gave you some backstory to boot.
    Really wish more raids had that kind of effort put in to give you some relations to the bosses.

She could also drop into the abyss, so we don't actually get to see her corpse... of course that just raises the question of whether she's really dead.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    She could also drop into the abyss, so we don't actually get to see her corpse... of course that just raises the question of whether she's really dead.
    That kinda goes back to the dies in a cinematic thing, she might die, or she might not. Hard to tell when there is no definite proof.

Personally i would love to see her die in the cinematic after she goes out of hte bubble to "greet" N'zoth and he removes her transformation before watching her drown, would be a cool way to end her story.

Other than that, i do hope she lives. It is the only way to have a chance for Tyrande and Malfurion to finally finish the battle against her that started so long ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    That kinda goes back to the dies in a cinematic thing, she might die, or she might not. Hard to tell when there is no definite proof.

Personally i would love to see her die in the cinematic after she goes out of hte bubble to "greet" N'zoth and he removes her transformation before watching her drown, would be a cool way to end her story.

Other than that, i do hope she lives. It is the only way to have a chance for Tyrande and Malfurion to finally finish the battle against her that started so long ago.
    I would prefer the latter, not a good look if Azshara dies in a patch called "Rise of Azshara"

I can only hope.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I would prefer the latter, not a good look if Azshara dies in a patch called "Rise of Azshara"

I can only hope.
    Well, would you prefer she dies in a patch titled "Cleaning up Azeroth"?

She has to die sometime, and if your benchmakr is that you don't want her to die in the patch named after her, then i think you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Yeah that's exactly what I wanted to know, maybe we already know due to PTS datamining or whatever that she inevitably dies. That's why I asked.

- - - Updated - - -

I can only hope.
    Well just rename 8.2 to "Rise (and Fall) of Azshara"...
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well just rename 8.2 to "Rise (and Fall) of Azshara"...
    "Rollercoaster of Azshara"?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I spent a decent amount of time playing the PTR this weekend.

Mechagon is pretty boring. Timeless Isle worked because of the mobs actually being dangerous and the rares having interesting items. So far I have not seen that many collectibles from rares in Mechagon though. I am also afraid 8.2 will be Rise of the Fishing Bots because the fastest (though you'll get banned) way to get done with Mechagon is probably to just fish bot for sentry fish. The zone is kind of ugly as well. There are a lot of events but they take so many spare parts to unlock them. The zone might work much better with a LOT of people in it to keep everything active though.

Naz'jatar is pretty solid. The Azshara summons are deadlier than most world bosses, the rares are dangerous and you need to keep their abilities in mind at all times. One thing I dislike is how all rare mob rewards you in two steps (they drop a quest starter item and you need to do a second event to get your rep and pearl reward). Again with many people in the zone and rares going down faster this might be better. The zone is a massive pain without flight though; getting flight ASAP should be your goal in 8.2

Also the new tech for loading screen images needs work.
    The basic gist i got from Mechagon at least is that it is Blizzard trying to recreate timeless isle to see what made it good, and i suppose from that perspective it kinda works, i have not taken part in many of the events there as i have bee ntrying to pace myself, but the feeling i got is that it will serve perfectly well as a infinite grind zone.

Personally i feel like what made Timeless isle work so well though is less the gameplay features tehre and more the ambience, the jade forest ambience soundtrack was very effective at lulling you into a feeling of comfort that let you easily "turn off" and grind mindlessly. (Personally i grinded the tigers for what must have been weeks)

Nazjatar is more the usual patch zone, and just like with Mechagon, it feels like this is Blizz trying to figure out what mechanics worked before and how, not sure how effective it will be until it goes live and we actually get to play it "properly" and not with a feeling that what we do there is meaningless because our guildmates is not there or whatever.

First timei have heard of new loading screen tech though, care to elaborate so i can check?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    They have split off the background from the image into two separate parts I think? Check Marlamin's posts on it earlier in this thread. Problem is that the image is not scaled properly to the background and it just looks weird.

As for Naz'jatar I am cautiously optimistic about it. At least for the first couple of months it will be reasonably dangerous for non-Mythic raiders (and hell for low ilvl alts or specs that are crap at solo) and the rares are hard enough to be a reasonable challenge even for a group. The gear rewards will also draw a lot of people there so it will be very social.

And the War Mode event in Naz'jatar will likely go great. The reward structure works and it will be very busy. Only issue is that the capture points are so far apart. It will work very differently once flying is enabled (but because it works with capture points, pvp will be unavoidable). My only issue is War Mode on the first week when everyone tries to get the initial achievement and people will be ganking others when they are facing multiple mobs and low on health.
    So it's pretty much built like Argus was?
    I struggled killing rares with my new alts all the way up to Legion's end, and the zones remained highly populated (never a problem getting groups for rares) until then as well. If they pull that off with Nazjatar (since it soort of kind of failed a bit for Broken Shore), that would be awesome!
    And that's before considering what Mechagon shall be like. :d

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Holy crap ... 7000+ replies in this thread?
    I haven't been following it, but that is WAY too many to go through and find out what all the hype/anger is about ...
    Can anyone summarize what's driving this thread?
    There's mostly not anger, although some of the usual suspects do their best to peak their heads in to try and stir shit.
    People with an interest in where the story and the game is going drive this thread. Simple as that, really.

10+ Year Old Account

I can only hope.
    Maybe that's what Sylvanas is looking for when she send us there, so we can slay her...

Only for her to end the expansion with "RISE AZSHARA" as she transform her into an undead.

Also wasn't it mentioned by Ion some montsh ago in an Interview, that we will have to see about a twist surrounding Azshara? Currently I dont see a Twist.

Ah.. found it:"When asked about Azshara's role in the conflict between the Alliance and Horde, Ion emphasized that she will play a major role, with a surprising turn of events we won't expect."
    Last edited by Alga; 2019-06-03 at 11:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    Also wasn't it mentioned by Ion some montsh ago in an Interview, that we will have to see about a twist surrounding Azshara? Currently I dont see a Twist.

Ah.. found it:"When asked about Azshara's role in the conflict between the Alliance and Horde, Ion emphasized that she will play a major role, with a surprising turn of events we won't expect."
    As much as I'd love to see this turn of events be something like "Azshara is Garrosh's Mother" or something crazy like that, my true hope is that we find out what Sylvanas has been working towards this whole time and it's something more than N'Zoth...enough so perhaps to move him out of 8.3 and into a Black Empire 9.0 expansion. A guy can dream, yes?