Rep. Duncan Hunter says his unit 'killed probably hundreds of civilians' in Iraq

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...aq/1327264001/

WASHINGTON — Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif., is currently awaiting trial for misusing over $250,000 of federal campaign funds for personal use. But this hasn't stopped him from stirring the pot further.

In an interview with Barstool Sports' Zero Blog Thirty podcast, Hunter said while serving as a Marine field artillery officer in Iraq, his unit had "killed probably hundreds of civilians, if not scores, if not hundreds of civilians" and "probably women and children."

Hunter's comments came in response to a question about his support for Navy SEAL Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher, who was accused of using a knife to kill a teenage Islamic State prisoner in Iraq and posing for a picture with the body, and of other killings of civilians.

On the podcast, Hunter said that he "frankly [doesn't] care" if the ISIS fighter was killed, and that "even if everything the prosecutors say is true in this case, then Eddie Gallagher should still be given a break, I think."

The San Diego Union-Tribune reported that during a May 25 town hall, Hunter also admitted to posing with a body of an enemy combatant, saying, "a lot of us have done the exact same thing.

Recent reports suggested that Trump might pardon Gallagher and other men accused of war crimes. Gallagher, who has pleaded not guilty to multiple charges, has become a cause célèbre among conservative lawmakers. In an op-ed in USA TODAY, Hunter said that Gallagher "cannot expect to receive even a semblance of a fair trial," calling for Trump to pardon Gallagher.
    So let's check this out -

Under indictment for campaign finance violations but still won his election? Check.
    Bragged taking pictures of dead enemy combatants (not sure if this violates military rules)? Check.
    Now bragging about his involvement in killing hundreds of "women and children" and civilians? Check.
    Arguing that someone who broke the law shouldn't face consequences for their actions because Hunter approves of who was killed? Check.

What. A. Guy.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Under indictment for campaign finance violations but still won his election? Check.
    Bragged taking pictures of dead enemy combatants (not sure if this violates military rules)? Check.
    Now bragging about his involvement in killing hundreds of "women and children" and civilians? Check.
    Arguing that someone who broke the law shouldn't face consequences for their actions because Hunter approves of who was killed? Check.

What. A. Guy.
    IIRC, Pelosi can kick him out? Indeed she can.

Under Article I, Section 5, clause 2, of the Constitution, a Member of Congress may be removed from office before the normal expiration of his or her constitutional term by an “expulsion” from the Senate (if a Senator) or from the House of Representatives (if a Representative) upon a formal vote on a resolution agreed to by two-thirds of the Members of that body present and voting.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    This motherfucker sounds like an honest-to-god psychopath, Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    A bit. Here's one of his recent adventures - https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ossing-825094/

Pretended to be at the border wall to show how easy it was to cross it. Problem is, he's out on bail and if he'd done so he would have violated the terms of his bail and been thrown in jail. So it was really just a cheap, dishonest photo-op.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/congre...-duncan-hunter

Also him being nakedly racist and trying to paint his Democratic challenger in 2018 as a national security threat because of his Palestinian heritage.

He's kind of a fucking terrible human being and a piece of shit.

People like to scare us with dire warnings about Islamic terrorism, but I wonder how they'd feel if they lived as a civilian in one of these Middle Eastern countries that we've "liberated." Perhaps a little terrorized?

Can we have a vote to kick him out of my state?

Congratulations america.

Casually admits war crimes. Nothing happens.

You're Trump's little bitch. Stuff like this is on all of you, not just his supporters.

Can we have a vote to kick him out of my state?
    You're part of the problem. There's another solution to this kind of stuff and it ain't voting. Do something.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2019-06-03 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Congratulations america.

Casually admits war crimes. Nothing happens.

You're Trump's little bitch. Stuff like this is on all of you, not just his supporters.

You're part of the problem. There's another solution to this kind of stuff and it ain't voting. Do something.
    The US doesn't do shit about war crimes. Never has, never will. We fucking reelected a war criminal as president ffs.

He's kind of a fucking terrible human being and a piece of shit.
    So in other words he's the poster boy for modern conservatism. Wants brown people dead and is fine with war crimes, yep, good reich winger.
    May 30th, 2019 - Trump admits Russia helped him get elected.

An elected Republican called for biblical law to be implemented and for all non-christians to be murdered. But it's sharia law we should be scared about right?

Republicans ran an actual Nazi for office in 2018 and he got nearly 1/3rd of the votes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Puhlease, US bagged and tagged tens of thousands of civilians in the past two decades in ME. Not sure what's shocking there, if anything the guy needs to be commended for calling things by their name.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Puhlease, US bagged and tagged tens of thousands of civilians in the past two decades in ME. Not sure what's shocking there, if anything the guy needs to be commended for calling things by their name.
    What name would that be? Murder is still murder even if it's routine.

just a typical day in the week for this country. Murdering innocent people without a care in the world. One these days, the consequences is going to come knocking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    And then we can throw him in prison for the rest of his life?

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Pretty much that I think. Some of the things stated reminded me of Full Metal Jacket....
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

10+ Year Old Account

What. A. Guy.
    R next to his name.

Nothing else matters.
    Putin khuliyo