Page 1 of 37
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

Smile [Megathread] E3 2019

For me, Waiting for the 8th Gen. Pokemon to enjoy the pleasure with loads of pokemon~ Besides, I also expect something new on hard-core game similar to Sekiro.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a Sony guy. Sony not being their makes a conference I was iffy about even less excited.

2020 is probably the last year of this 'generation' so hopefully we see some games that represent that.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Nothing really. Sony isn't there, MS will basically be a 3rd party show case with the usual suspects of forza/halo/gears popping up. One of Ubisoft/EA will probably show off some game that isn't coming until late 2020 aiming for next gen, that actually looks better then they will be able to pull off and people will fall for the hype. Doubtful Nintendo pulls out any big surprises we know what their release schedule for the rest of the year is already and those games will take up the majority of their show.

Basically its the year before next gen releases e3 and those are always meh. The most exciting things would be release date announcements for 2077 and FFVIIR I guess, there won't be anything crazy unexpected happening here.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I'm a Sony guy. Sony not being their makes a conference I was iffy about even less excited.

2020 is probably the last year of this 'generation' so hopefully we see some games that represent that.
    yep, that's pity for this E3, PS5 seems to release in 2020, at that time, there will be a grand event.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Looking forward to being disappointed by how not-at-all-worth-60-dollars the new Pokemon game is.

Game Freak is a shit developer and I'm sure they are going to keep on shitting it up on better hardware with a more expensive pricetag.

Animations? HURDUR CAN'T BE BOTHERED.
    Okay, that's really the world of business.

- - - Updated - - -

FFVII, a masterpiece at that time, will be brilliant in remaster ver.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilTrigger1989 View Post
    yep, that's pity for this E3, PS5 seems to release in 2020, at that time, there will be a grand event.
    Sony was definitely smart to skip this shit though. Their e3 2012 was a snoozer and its better for PR to not have an e3 event at all then to have a bad or boring one. Sony wouldn't be showing anything except the same games they showed last year with some 3rd party shit sprinkled in, definitely not worth the money for throwing the event. Save it up for a big PS5 blowout next year.

3+ Year Old Account
    All right, that's really shitty for them to ignore Game Freak, reduce their resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    None. I'm looking forward listening to Genna Bain snarking at it if that's going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

3+ Year Old Account
    No it's not. Game Freak can easily put more effort into the game. Fucking indie devs put more effort into their games. Fucking Activisions rented studios put more effort into Call of Duty than game freak does into Pokemon.
    All right, that's really shitty for them to ignore Game Freak, reduce their resources.

They are going to remove so much of that game to avoid pissing off SJWs.
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Nothing really. Sony isn't there, MS will basically be a 3rd party show case with the usual suspects of forza/halo/gears popping up. One of Ubisoft/EA will probably show off some game that isn't coming until late 2020 aiming for next gen, that actually looks better then they will be able to pull off and people will fall for the hype. Doubtful Nintendo pulls out any big surprises we know what their release schedule for the rest of the year is already and those games will take up the majority of their show.

Basically its the year before next gen releases e3 and those are always meh. The most exciting things would be release date announcements for 2077 and FFVIIR I guess, there won't be anything crazy unexpected happening here.
    Phil Spencer is on record saying they'll be showing 14 first party titles, which obviously extends beyond the typical Halo/Gears/Forza. I'm excited to see if Microsoft can shift perception in Sony's absence and gain a leg up for the next generation.

Overall though, I'm kinda meh about this year relatively, but it's E3 which is my favorite week of the year so I'm still quite excited. 2020 could potentially be exciting, but it will also be the start of the next gen which means the games may slow down. 2021 though, that'll be a lit year probably.

They are going to remove so much of that game to avoid pissing off SJWs.
    loser sites like Kotaku? who takes them seriously anyway?

If anything was changed it would be the English/American versions only, the JP version wouldn't have changes because they're cool like that. better start learning Japanese.

other than that, i'd love to hear something about the next Zelda game not just links awakening remake/remaster whatever, although i will be getting that.

For me... honestly FFVIIR, the FFXIV live letter from E3 and the computer games lineup was ok last year (it's where I learned of Satisfactory, my new favorite passtime till Shadowbringers)

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Phil Spencer is on record saying they'll be showing 14 first party titles, which obviously extends beyond the typical Halo/Gears/Forza.
    Which includes things like Minecraft, FH4 DLC, Cuphead DLC/definitive version, Sea of Thieves update, what is probably going to be a meh battletoads game, Ori that we already know about, and probably a few more indy and smaller budget games they picked up for publishing. People might be excited for these things but they don't scream e3 hype. All of their new acquisitions won't have anything to show(unless we're counting Outer Worlds which is also on PS4 still).

Just a friendly reminder, 14 games is actually 1 less then the 15 games they showed off as a publisher last year, and most of them will be repeats(except the obvious with Crackdown 3, in fact it might be literally last years lineup without Crackdown 3 lol...)

Don't fall for buzzwords, especially not from Phil Spencer of all people. MS won't have anything worth showing to drum up legitimate hype just like Sony wouldn't if they where there. The guns are being held for 2020. The only "big" possibility for MS would be announcing the Fable game we already know exists and if that's the case it's cross gen and probably disappointing as a result.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-06-04 at 05:19 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    idk. Nintendo isnt going to do anything super crazy since they'll probably just talk about stuff this year so im hoping for a good square conference with kh3 dlc and if im lucky which I wont be, bamco announcing xenosaga hd trilogy

NISA will show off a demo of Trails of Cold Steel III, probably the prologue segment and (if we're lucky) the first segment at Reeves.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps release date.
    Hollow Knight: Silksong release date.

Nothing else matters

10+ Year Old Account
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.
    This made me laugh so hard that it is now my signature.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zvr View Post
    Ori and the Will of the Wisps release date.
    Hollow Knight: Silksong release date.

Nothing else matters
    Wow, those 2 are Castlevania-style AVG, I love such game, too.

More Epic Fail Store exclusives, more "cinematic gameplay" that will have nothing to do with corresponding games on release, more technical troubles on stage. Nothing interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Want to see Beastmen for Vermintide 2, Warhammer 3 Total War and perhaps a new historical title but i doubt that after Three Kingdoms.

New alien isolation game but i think that is doomed.

The new Paradox game that i hope is Crusader Kings 3 or something like it.
    Do you hear the voices too?