Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The stupid amounts of gold sinks started in Legion. Before that, the most expensive mount was like 20k, other than the yak mount. The prices of mounts now are literally just a way for Blizzard to push those tokens.
    Ever heard of inflation?
    there is videos calculating the average gold of a player now, and back in the days of vanilla, tbc, wotlk, etc, and they are about the same, there hasnt been some massive kick in "THIS MOUNT IS WAAAY TOO EXPENSIVE!" other then 2 specific mounts, the only ones to ever cost millions.

i would agree, spider and long neck way too expensive
    but 500k mount? nah mate, its literally nothing compared to some old mounts.

but no, the biggest mount cost was 20k in wotlk, i dont think there was one for cata, then mop 120k, then wod 200k, then legion and BFA 500k

legion did have 2 mil and BFA 5 mil, but i agree those 2 are too much, but these 500k nah they are on the norm.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-06-04 at 06:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I don't mind gold sink mounts, as it's something you can earn in-game, one way or another. But it's pretty lazy, since it seems to be a recolor of the Mechagon drop.

a crazy amount of mounts

It's very clear they increased the prices of vendor mounts so less people buy tokens instead with their gold because they won't have as much after buying the mounts (rich will still stay rich and afford everything), and they will get more subscription real money instead of fake one.

Did anyone else note that they have made the mount from the south park episode 'the Thing'? Didn't know Mr Garrison was a Mechagnome

Some of those are definitely nice, even though I don't really care about mounts.

WoW transform itselft from a MMORPG to MMOCatch'em All......

15+ Year Old Account
    Why are there so many GOLD mounts? Oh thats right, they want you to buy WoW tokens to convert to gold.

Look at all these new store mounts off those vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by Loosecannon View Post
    Did anyone else note that they have made the mount from the south park episode 'the Thing'? Didn't know Mr Garrison was a Mechagnome
    Still better than flying!

Quote Originally Posted by SirPaper View Post
    I don't mind gold sink mounts, as it's something you can earn in-game, one way or another. But it's pretty lazy, since it seems to be a recolor of the Mechagon drop.
    That way you don't actually have to pay gold, isn't that a win?
    While others that are just not lucky or don't like farming a dungeon will have an option to buy it (even if the rusted version imho looks bad).

People like different variations of mounts to match to their character, and there is a bunch of actual new mount models here, even if used for a variety of recolors.

- "We need people to get excited for patch 8.2!"
    - "Okay, announce a lot of mounts!"

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Ever heard of inflation?
    there is videos calculating the average gold of a player now, and back in the days of vanilla, tbc, wotlk, etc, and they are about the same, there hasnt been some massive kick in "THIS MOUNT IS WAAAY TOO EXPENSIVE!" other then 2 specific mounts, the only ones to ever cost millions.

i would agree, spider and long neck way too expensive
    but 500k mount? nah mate, its literally nothing compared to some old mounts.

but no, the biggest mount cost was 20k in wotlk, i dont think there was one for cata, then mop 120k, then wod 200k, then legion and BFA 500k

legion did have 2 mil and BFA 5 mil, but i agree those 2 are too much, but these 500k nah they are on the norm.
    The cost of 90k for generic mounts like the gryphons is literally just a way to pad for token gold. It has NOTHING to do with inflation.

Thats the problem of WoW. I feel like the only thing people do who still play current WoW is farm mounts and transmog. I never gave a flying fuck about mounts.

These gold mounts are primarily used to take money out of the economy. They wouldn't exist otherwise

I still have one of the most amazing and rarest mounts of all - no matter how many new mounts will be released; "Black Proto-Drake".

Last edited by sch1ntus; 2019-06-04 at 11:28 AM.

Nice, I reported this bug in SoO a couple weeks ago. It felt like being heard, since it's kind of crazy specific lol

Basically they'd be stuck in the transition animation if you killed them while they were starting the transition (but still hitable), thus invincible, because the last one standing would keep regenerating.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wanting to pump out gold from the game while simultaneously adding it to through whales leaves a bad taste in most players mouths. Basically a lot of work and content for a very few very dedicated subset of players.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2019-06-04 at 11:40 AM.

Remember the times, when there were like 1-2 mounts added per patch?

Nowadays mounts are just +1 in my collection achievement progress, nothing more, nothing special.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sch1ntus View Post
    I still have one of the most amazing and rarest mounts of all - no matter how many new mounts will be released; "Black Proto-Drake".

That's exactly the mount I'm using right now, plus the amani bear as ground.
    At least those are not in everyones pocket after a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Monozuki View Post
    Wowwowwow! Secret mounts are tight!

*ahem* But seriously, yeah, I see what you mean with the grind - if it's true, this might turn out to be quite interesting (especially if it's not fricking time-gated..)
    Blizzard already stated there is no Jeremy Feasel secret mounts in 8.2

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I want a mount that lets my mount mount a mount
    I want a mount that climbs inside a bigger mount while I am mounted to create mountron!
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal